Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FA coming down on the side of the big team again 17:01 - Mar 6 with 2825 viewsSwansea_Blue

Mings and Ibrahimovic both charged with violent conduct, but they're going for Tyrone:

"Furthermore, the FA has submitted a claim that the standard punishment that would otherwise apply for the misconduct committed by the Bournemouth defender is 'clearly insufficient'."

This despite it being a point of argument as to whether Tyrone deliberately stamped, and as clear as day that Zlatan retaliated. Barstewards.

No mention of the ref being taken to account over a p1ss poor performance either.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39182905

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

FA coming down on the side of the big team again on 17:03 - Mar 6 with 2788 viewsJ2BLUE

I really hope that wasn't deliberate from Mings. Neville seemed to jump the gun by calling it cowardly. If the FA think it was deliberate then he should get a long ban.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

FA coming down on the side of the big team again on 17:05 - Mar 6 with 2777 viewsNo9

Disgraceful
on 17:14 - Mar 6 with 2734 views_

FA coming down on the side of the big team again on 17:18 - Mar 6 with 2722 viewsRadlett_blue

FA coming down on the side of the big team again on 17:03 - Mar 6 by J2BLUE

I really hope that wasn't deliberate from Mings. Neville seemed to jump the gun by calling it cowardly. If the FA think it was deliberate then he should get a long ban.

If Mings did deliberately stamp on Ibra's head, that's a bad offence & IMO worse than Ibra's elbow revenge so I can see why they might give him a longer ban. The problem is that it's impossible to prove conclusively that the stamp was deliberate - only Mings really knows the answer. Normally in these situations, the panel asks themselves "if it was a team mate lying on the ground, would he have avoided him" & then use balance of probability.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

FA coming down on the side of the big team again on 17:21 - Mar 6 with 2697 viewsBasuco

On the grounds that Marouane Fellaini gets away with deliberately elbowing defenders in the head all the time then I can't see that they will come down on Ibrahimovic as he always does exactly the same. The FA seem to accept that elbowing in the head is not against the rules.
FA coming down on the side of the big team again on 17:24 - Mar 6 with 2674 viewsBenters

on 17:14 - Mar 6 by _

Like we said the other day it was a good contest to watch and was going on right through the game.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

FA coming down on the side of the big team again on 17:25 - Mar 6 with 2667 viewsSteve_M

FA coming down on the side of the big team again on 17:18 - Mar 6 by Radlett_blue

If Mings did deliberately stamp on Ibra's head, that's a bad offence & IMO worse than Ibra's elbow revenge so I can see why they might give him a longer ban. The problem is that it's impossible to prove conclusively that the stamp was deliberate - only Mings really knows the answer. Normally in these situations, the panel asks themselves "if it was a team mate lying on the ground, would he have avoided him" & then use balance of probability.

Having watched it several times since, I agree that it's impossible to know. Mings does seem to be heading towards where the ball was in the quickest way possible rather than going out of his way to jump over Ibra.

Therefore, a very long ban will heighten the suspicion of the FA expressed in the OP. Logically a three game ban for both allowing for it being accidental is the FA's best route out.

And we'll probably get Kevin Friend next home match.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

FA coming down on the side of the big team again on 17:33 - Mar 6 with 2615 viewsnbsiyag

FA coming down on the side of the big team again on 17:18 - Mar 6 by Radlett_blue

We all know that Tyrone was never in any way malicious in his time here; he was however clumsy or sloppy on odd occasions. There are one or two players you would not give the benefit of the doubt to but TM is bright enough to know that all eyes will be on him from now on. Leniency to both players would be in order. Wayne Rooney on the other hand....
Login to get fewer ads

FA coming down on the side of the big team again on 17:47 - Mar 6 with 2567 viewsBluebell

FA coming down on the side of the big team again on 17:25 - Mar 6 by Steve_M

Having watched it several times since, I agree that it's impossible to know. Mings does seem to be heading towards where the ball was in the quickest way possible rather than going out of his way to jump over Ibra.

Therefore, a very long ban will heighten the suspicion of the FA expressed in the OP. Logically a three game ban for both allowing for it being accidental is the FA's best route out.

It seemed to me that Mings saw Rooney getting up and tried to avoid him but hit Ibrahimovic's pony tail when he landed. That should be his story anyway.

Ibra was definitely out to get Mings too so it was six of one and half a dozen of the other.

Not sure how the FA see it though and normally Man U get the benefit of the doubt. The fact that Rooney said he saw it all when the photos obviously show him looking the other way should be taken into account!
FA coming down on the side of the big team again on 19:32 - Mar 6 with 2431 viewsSwansea_Blue

Agree that it can't be proven from his actions imo, which is why it rankles. He caught him, obviously, but there's no movement towards Ibra other than his natural stride as he gets back in position. Mings doesn't even look at him.

I could understand a charge of dangerous play because he isn't taking care and obviously endangered his opponent. But deliberate violent conduct can't be proven from the video evidence imo. There's nothing there to suggest it was a deliberate stamp.

Whereas Ibrahimovic's elbow is as blatant as it comes.

FIFA seem unreasonably biased to me. It will be interesting to see what the referee panel makes of it.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

FA coming down on the side of the big team again on 19:39 - Mar 6 with 2399 viewsgtsb1966

Sorry but I think both are as guilty as hell. Deliberate stamp and deliberate elbow.
FA coming down on the side of the big team again on 19:43 - Mar 6 with 2384 viewsIllinoisblue

Tyrone claims to be a man of faith, doesn't he? He will surely be honest and come clean. FWIW, I think it was accidental.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

FA coming down on the side of the big team again on 19:46 - Mar 6 with 2350 viewsoldbluestu

FA coming down on the side of the big team again on 17:25 - Mar 6 by Steve_M

They also need to factor in as Mings goes to jump over him Ronney gets up and knocks Mings which clearly impacts Mings. Plus Mings probably thought he had sramped on that stupid ponytail
FA coming down on the side of the big team again on 19:52 - Mar 6 with 2333 viewsTrequartista

on 17:14 - Mar 6 by _

Not sure an elbow in the face should go unpunished!

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

FA coming down on the side of the big team again on 19:53 - Mar 6 with 2326 viewsTrequartista

i think it's purely because an elbow is a 3 match ban and a stamp on the head warrants more if deliberate. It is yet to be determined whether it is considered deliberate.

on 19:53 - Mar 6 with 2325 views_

FA coming down on the side of the big team again on 19:52 - Mar 6 by Trequartista

Not sure an elbow in the face should go unpunished!

FA coming down on the side of the big team again on 19:57 - Mar 6 with 2304 viewsTrequartista

on 19:53 - Mar 6 by _

i think the Zlatan one will be seen as deliberate. You use your arms to leap but you don't swing elbows out like that.

And if that is the case it would then be difficult to let Mings off scot-free. In his case it could have been accidental, deliberate or somewhere in between (not taking enough care to avoid?)

on 20:03 - Mar 6 with 2270 views_

FA coming down on the side of the big team again on 19:57 - Mar 6 by Trequartista

i think the Zlatan one will be seen as deliberate. You use your arms to leap but you don't swing elbows out like that.

And if that is the case it would then be difficult to let Mings off scot-free. In his case it could have been accidental, deliberate or somewhere in between (not taking enough care to avoid?)

FA coming down on the side of the big team again on 20:05 - Mar 6 with 2256 viewsKilburnBlue

FA coming down on the side of the big team again on 19:39 - Mar 6 by gtsb1966

Sorry but I think both are as guilty as hell. Deliberate stamp and deliberate elbow.

In slow mo it looks bad but have many seen it in real time? It all happened so fast.

What slow mo does show was just before mings was going to jump over Zlatan his right knee caught Rooney. If he hadn't he may have cleared him

FA coming down on the side of the big team again on 20:18 - Mar 6 with 2215 viewsTrequartista

on 20:03 - Mar 6 by _

I have sympathy with that view to a certain extent, but we need to get rid of diving, falling over easily, cheating etc before we start excusing deliberate elbows. Zlatans collapsing to the ground that got the Bournemouth chap sent off for starters.

on 20:23 - Mar 6 with 2199 views_

FA coming down on the side of the big team again on 20:18 - Mar 6 by Trequartista

I have sympathy with that view to a certain extent, but we need to get rid of diving, falling over easily, cheating etc before we start excusing deliberate elbows. Zlatans collapsing to the ground that got the Bournemouth chap sent off for starters.

FA coming down on the side of the big team again on 23:11 - Mar 6 with 2033 viewsbournemouthblue

wasn't there another angle in line with the way Mings was running and his leg was at the side of his head

The angle we keep seeing makes it look more clear cut

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024