Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Will there be a TWTD acca next saturday ? 22:55 - Jul 30 with 5311 viewsjpring89

Poll: What irritates you more ?

Will there be a TWTD acca next saturday ? on 00:49 - Jul 31 with 5285 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Indeed

Since I'm the defending champion on all that I guess

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Will there be a TWTD acca next saturday ? on 10:58 - Aug 3 with 5194 viewsJ2BLUE

I'd like to see some changes with this:

1) Anyone can make the thread at a specified time each week so we all know when the thread will go up. Obviously Rommers won't like this but for the rest of us it's fairer IMO.

2) No PMing your picks before the thread goes up otherwise it defeats the point.

3) No giving spots in the acca to random family members *looks at Rommers*

4) Cut the acaca to 8 spots

5) 20-30 words on why your tip is a good one. I got the impression certain posters were coming out with random teams last season with no thought put in at all

6) Allow draws. It's a stupid rule. Why rule out decent priced picks for no season but an odd belief it makes it harder to win?

Anyone agree?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Will there be a TWTD acca next saturday ? on 11:49 - Aug 3 with 5172 viewsJ2BLUE

Bumped, so Rommers can see my devastating betrayal.

Truly impaired.

Will there be a TWTD acca next saturday ? on 12:50 - Aug 3 with 5153 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Will there be a TWTD acca next saturday ? on 10:58 - Aug 3 by J2BLUE

1) Anyone can make the thread at a specified time each week so we all know when the thread will go up. Obviously Rommers won't like this but for the rest of us it's fairer IMO.

2) No PMing your picks before the thread goes up otherwise it defeats the point.

5) 20-30 words on why your tip is a good one. I got the impression certain posters were coming out with random teams last season with no thought put in at all

6) Allow draws. It's a stupid rule. Why rule out decent priced picks for no season but an odd belief it makes it harder to win?

Anyone agree?

I have no problem with any of that. Don't know why you thought I would.

I only gave my grandad a pick on the way to Rotherham as I felt bad sitting for 15 minutes sorting our acca out as we were on the train. So I said to him to sit with the paper and make a selection in 10 minutes giving me time to sort the acca out.

Anyone can start the thread but we should have a time that it goes up, no? I,e - as close to 10am as possible.

I'm still happy to add the table up though.

I agree with the PMing of picks. It started happening too frequently and was starting to be abit unfair to some

Roughly 15 people each week submitted a team last year and the final table had about 50 different posters. Think 8 spots per week is not enough. I would suggest 10 if not 12.

Will there be a TWTD acca next saturday ? on 13:04 - Aug 3 with 5139 viewsStenvict

Will there be a TWTD acca next saturday ? on 12:50 - Aug 3 by The_Romford_Blue

I only gave my grandad a pick on the way to Rotherham as I felt bad sitting for 15 minutes sorting our acca out as we were on the train. So I said to him to sit with the paper and make a selection in 10 minutes giving me time to sort the acca out.

Anyone can start the thread but we should have a time that it goes up, no? I,e - as close to 10am as possible.

I agree with the PMing of picks. It started happening too frequently and was starting to be abit unfair to some

Roughly 15 people each week submitted a team last year and the final table had about 50 different posters. Think 8 spots per week is not enough. I would suggest 10 if not 12.

Pm'd you my pick.

Cheers.

Poll: What will be announced first?

Will there be a TWTD acca next saturday ? on 13:33 - Aug 3 with 5117 viewsjpring89

Dont know if this will be a bit of a ballsache but maybe asking who would like to participate first. Then another thread of the teams picked and reasons for picking them etc as it would be annoying to choose a team and a bit of a write up only to be too late as we dont know how many has PM you.

Will there be a TWTD acca next saturday ? on 13:48 - Aug 3 with 5102 viewsDennyx4

Just a thought - you could allow more than one to tip the same team.

That way could do the 8 accumulator, but could get many involved, also would make your scoreboard more relevant as everyone has a chance of tipping every week?
Will there be a TWTD acca next saturday ? on 14:19 - Aug 3 with 5076 viewsSE1blue

Will there be a TWTD acca next saturday ? on 10:58 - Aug 3 by J2BLUE

Anyone agree?

7. It actually wins from time to time...

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Login to get fewer ads

Will there be a TWTD acca next saturday ? on 16:35 - Aug 3 with 5052 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Will there be a TWTD acca next saturday ? on 13:48 - Aug 3 by Dennyx4

Just a thought - you could allow more than one to tip the same team.

That way could do the 8 accumulator, but could get many involved, also would make your scoreboard more relevant as everyone has a chance of tipping every week?

Actually I like that idea

What we think folks?

Will there be a TWTD acca next saturday ? on 16:41 - Aug 3 with 5040 viewsJ2BLUE

Will there be a TWTD acca next saturday ? on 16:35 - Aug 3 by The_Romford_Blue

What we think folks?

I was only messing about with the above. I know you aren't THAT power hungry

How would this work? Open the voting at 10 then take the 10 with the most votes at 12 or something? Or still the first 10 teams mentioned? Perhaps we should keep the voting open until 2 even after the final acca has been settled? We could then see who our top tippers are and attempt some sort of multiple each week based on our best performers as well as the normal acca?

Truly impaired.

Will there be a TWTD acca next saturday ? on 17:27 - Aug 3 with 5024 viewsITFC_Forever

Will there be a TWTD acca next saturday ? on 16:35 - Aug 3 by The_Romford_Blue

What we think folks?

Yep, agreed.

10 is a fair number as well, I often don't use all suggestions, but will go with 7 or 8 of them.

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Will there be a TWTD acca next saturday ? on 07:52 - Aug 4 with 4973 viewsportmanroadblue

Why not do 2 accys then all that enter can participate?
Will there be a TWTD acca next saturday ? on 08:08 - Aug 4 with 4970 viewsWestover

I think we should let people pick one team then the matches that have the most picks should be selected but six matches is enough,OK you won't win a fortune but will win more often, on another site we were given six games to pick from now these were difficult games no odds on matches and during the whole season none of us taking part ever got all six right more than once so trying to get ten correct is very unlikely IMO.

I would much rather win a little more often than having little or no chance thoughts?
Will there be a TWTD acca next saturday ? on 09:13 - Aug 4 with 4953 viewsDropCliffsNotBombs

The main change I would make is allowing draws.

Also, though not really important, but seeing rommy describe himself as the "defending champion", the leader board should be amended. E.g. someone who has 4 wins v 1 loss should be above someone with 5 wins and 4 losses. Otherwise it is simply a case of 'who has the most predictions' - that helps if you are the one doing it each week!!
Will there be a TWTD acca next saturday ? on 12:01 - Aug 4 with 4909 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Right, so are we going with this:

1) No PMs at all.

2) Anyone can start the thread in the morning - but we try and aim it for around 10am

3) Draws are allowed

4) More than one person can pick the same team.

5) The first 8 teams (not people) selected are in the acca.

6) Potentially 25 people can choose if they are all split between the 8 teams.

7) 1pm is the cutoff time. No choosing after that. Most people would have been having to choose one of the early 8 teams selected anyway if they want to be involved that week.

8) Table done in the same way of last year.

If everyone is fine with that, that sounds good to me

Will there be a TWTD acca next saturday ? on 12:28 - Aug 4 with 4893 viewsSE1blue

Will there be a TWTD acca next saturday ? on 12:01 - Aug 4 by The_Romford_Blue

1) No PMs at all.

2) Anyone can start the thread in the morning - but we try and aim it for around 10am

3) Draws are allowed

7) 1pm is the cutoff time. No choosing after that. Most people would have been having to choose one of the early 8 teams selected anyway if they want to be involved that week.

9. One match ban for an incorrect prediction. That way, you'll ensure people are not putting in Millwall to beat Boro away...although that could happen, it's unlikely.

Will there be a TWTD acca next saturday ? on 12:30 - Aug 4 with 4886 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Will there be a TWTD acca next saturday ? on 12:28 - Aug 4 by SE1blue

9. One match ban for an incorrect prediction. That way, you'll ensure people are not putting in Millwall to beat Boro away...although that could happen, it's unlikely.

I can't say I agree with that rule

It would just make everyone choose Man City to beat Huddersfield at home at 1/6

Will there be a TWTD acca next saturday ? on 16:39 - Aug 4 with 4851 viewsSE1blue

Will there be a TWTD acca next saturday ? on 12:30 - Aug 4 by The_Romford_Blue

I can't say I agree with that rule

It would just make everyone choose Man City to beat Huddersfield at home at 1/6

I wasn't being entirely serious.

I played the TWTD acca in the first week and have left it alone since.

I appreciate why you do it but it's not for me. i like to be in charge of my own hopeless bets and never do an acca of more than 4 teams as it's way too risky.

I prefer putting my money on a treble of matches of over 2.5 goals. There's always a chance it can happen (up until the last 15 minutes or so when time is just too short). An acca with a team to win that goes 3-0 down is pretty much done.

Will there be a TWTD acca next saturday ? on 18:54 - Aug 4 with 4809 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Will there be a TWTD acca next saturday ? on 16:39 - Aug 4 by SE1blue

I wasn't being entirely serious.

I played the TWTD acca in the first week and have left it alone since.

I appreciate why you do it but it's not for me. i like to be in charge of my own hopeless bets and never do an acca of more than 4 teams as it's way too risky.

I prefer putting my money on a treble of matches of over 2.5 goals. There's always a chance it can happen (up until the last 15 minutes or so when time is just too short). An acca with a team to win that goes 3-0 down is pretty much done.

Fair enough bud

I'm not a massive football punter

I'll do some trebles, an acca and the twtd acca for a total stake of a tenner tops each weekend and that's it

Will there be a TWTD acca next saturday ? on 19:15 - Aug 4 with 4799 viewsDennyx4

1) No PMs at all.

3) Draws are allowed

One last thing you might want in your list - up to you though...

No Sunday games - or early kick offs?
Will there be a TWTD acca next saturday ? on 19:45 - Aug 4 with 4784 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Will there be a TWTD acca next saturday ? on 19:15 - Aug 4 by Dennyx4

One last thing you might want in your list - up to you though...

No Sunday games - or early kick offs?

Yep. That's the same as last year

Will there be a TWTD acca next saturday ? on 19:54 - Aug 4 with 4775 viewsJ2BLUE

1) No PMs at all.

3) Draws are allowed

Perhaps we can bring the 20-30 words rule in in if randoms who have never shown any interest in the betting threads start suggesting random teams.

Truly impaired.

Will there be a TWTD acca next saturday ? on 19:56 - Aug 4 with 4772 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Will there be a TWTD acca next saturday ? on 19:54 - Aug 4 by J2BLUE

Perhaps we can bring the 20-30 words rule in in if randoms who have never shown any interest in the betting threads start suggesting random teams.

Yeah

When we tried it last year, only about 4 of us gave a reason

Will there be a TWTD acca next saturday ? on 20:05 - Aug 4 with 4761 viewsjpring89

Will there be a TWTD acca next saturday ? on 19:56 - Aug 4 by The_Romford_Blue

Yeah

Is there still the rule of you cant bet on Town fixture also ?

Will there be a TWTD acca next saturday ? on 20:07 - Aug 4 with 4758 viewsJ2BLUE

Will there be a TWTD acca next saturday ? on 19:56 - Aug 4 by The_Romford_Blue

Yeah

The guy making the thread didn't enforce the rules.

Truly impaired.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024