Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Grant Shapps + around 30 tory MP's 11:36 - Oct 6 with 15459 viewsNo9

Anyone see him on the box this morning?
Clains he agreed with the whips to conceal this until after the party conference
Another tory party war at the taxpayers expense

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/theresa-may-plot-tory-mps-grant-sh
Grant Shapps + around 30 tory MP's on 11:39 - Oct 6 with 9139 viewsJ2BLUE

It's funny how Gove is desperately defending her. He knows if she goes it might well be Boris and he'll be out of the cabinet.

Is it really a good idea for you pro EU people to want May gone? If she's replaced with Boris you might get an even harder Brexit. At least at the moment people like Rudd and Hammond will have some influence.

A bit off topic but have you seen Nick Clegg has released a book called 'How To Stop Brexit'?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Grant Shapps + around 30 tory MP's on 11:46 - Oct 6 with 9118 viewsnrb1985

Grant Shapps + around 30 tory MP's on 11:39 - Oct 6 by J2BLUE

It's funny how Gove is desperately defending her. He knows if she goes it might well be Boris and he'll be out of the cabinet.

Is it really a good idea for you pro EU people to want May gone? If she's replaced with Boris you might get an even harder Brexit. At least at the moment people like Rudd and Hammond will have some influence.

A bit off topic but have you seen Nick Clegg has released a book called 'How To Stop Brexit'?

We are unquestionably going to crash out without a deal, not sure it matters who is in charge.

At least with Boris when it goes completely wrong the odious c*nt will have to take some accountability. Although it's for exactly this reason I highly doubt the coward would want the job.
[Post edited 6 Oct 2017 11:46]
Grant Shapps + around 30 tory MP's on 11:46 - Oct 6 with 9115 viewsGlasgowBlue

Boris isn't the type to hold a grudge and he seems to have made his peace with Gove. Secondly, I doubt very much the MP's will put Boris through to the final two for the members to vote for.

On a side note, when an odious turd like Grant Shapps says you no longer have any credibility then the game is definitely up.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Grant Shapps + around 30 tory MP's on 12:08 - Oct 6 with 9072 viewsJ2BLUE

Grant Shapps + around 30 tory MP's on 11:46 - Oct 6 by GlasgowBlue

Boris isn't the type to hold a grudge and he seems to have made his peace with Gove. Secondly, I doubt very much the MP's will put Boris through to the final two for the members to vote for.

On a side note, when an odious turd like Grant Shapps says you no longer have any credibility then the game is definitely up.

Who do you think the final two would be? If it's not a Brexiter then i'll have to start defending May...

Truly impaired.

Grant Shapps + around 30 tory MP's on 12:12 - Oct 6 with 9064 viewsSteve_M

May has so little authority, Johnson publicly undermining her twice in two weeks, that it is going to be impossible for her to agree anything with the EU at the moment. There remains a high likelihood of a chaotic no deal and economic crash despite the obvious need to delay departure beyond March 2019 to try to avoid that.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Grant Shapps + around 30 tory MP's on 12:17 - Oct 6 with 9046 viewsGlasgowBlue

Grant Shapps + around 30 tory MP's on 12:12 - Oct 6 by Steve_M

May has so little authority, Johnson publicly undermining her twice in two weeks, that it is going to be impossible for her to agree anything with the EU at the moment. There remains a high likelihood of a chaotic no deal and economic crash despite the obvious need to delay departure beyond March 2019 to try to avoid that.

No deal would be absolutely fine. We fall back on WTO rules.

Iron Lion Zion

Grant Shapps + around 30 tory MP's on 12:20 - Oct 6 with 9044 viewsGlasgowBlue

Grant Shapps + around 30 tory MP's on 12:08 - Oct 6 by J2BLUE

Who do you think the final two would be? If it's not a Brexiter then i'll have to start defending May...

Hammond appears to be the choice of remainers. Leadson has kept her head down but she was pretty appalling during last year's leadership election.

It will be a leaver vs remainer imo but I can't see who will be the leaver front runner as Boris has pissed off the parliamentary party. Gove is disliked but has been an outstanding minister. Davis could do a short term job to steady the ship for the next couple of years before handing over to somebody who could fight an election. He is a leaver but has been on good terms with the remainers.

Iron Lion Zion

Grant Shapps + around 30 tory MP's on 12:22 - Oct 6 with 9037 viewshype313

Grant Shapps + around 30 tory MP's on 12:20 - Oct 6 by GlasgowBlue

Hammond appears to be the choice of remainers. Leadson has kept her head down but she was pretty appalling during last year's leadership election.

It will be a leaver vs remainer imo but I can't see who will be the leaver front runner as Boris has pissed off the parliamentary party. Gove is disliked but has been an outstanding minister. Davis could do a short term job to steady the ship for the next couple of years before handing over to somebody who could fight an election. He is a leaver but has been on good terms with the remainers.

Davis seems to be the only one that can unite the party in the short term, the rest have far too many enemies.

I wouldn't be surprised to hear May stand down any day now.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Login to get fewer ads

Grant Shapps + around 30 tory MP's on 12:35 - Oct 6 with 9007 viewsJ2BLUE

Grant Shapps + around 30 tory MP's on 12:20 - Oct 6 by GlasgowBlue

Forgot about Davis, that would be ok. Clegg is encouraging remainers to join Labour and Conservatives to try and influence policy. How does the voting work?

Truly impaired.

Grant Shapps + around 30 tory MP's on 12:44 - Oct 6 with 8984 viewsWeWereZombies

Although:

http://www.scotsman.com/news/opinion/brian-wilson-why-theresa-may-will-cling-on-

The important news on their website was that Berra played for the whole of their game last night and was rated a steady 6/10.

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Grant Shapps + around 30 tory MP's on 12:58 - Oct 6 with 8954 viewsGlasgowBlue

Grant Shapps + around 30 tory MP's on 12:22 - Oct 6 by hype313

Davis seems to be the only one that can unite the party in the short term, the rest have far too many enemies.

If you'd have asked me this morning I would have said she wouldn't last the weekend. But I sense a Gordon Brown "Bigotgate" moment. People are starting to feel May is getting an undeserved kicking

Remember Cameron was looking like getting a majority in 2010 until Brown made his bigot gaffe. Then people felt sorry for him and thought the media went in to hard on him , and he recovered slightly in the polls.

Iron Lion Zion

Grant Shapps + around 30 tory MP's on 13:00 - Oct 6 with 8947 viewshype313

Grant Shapps + around 30 tory MP's on 12:58 - Oct 6 by GlasgowBlue

If you'd have asked me this morning I would have said she wouldn't last the weekend. But I sense a Gordon Brown "Bigotgate" moment. People are starting to feel May is getting an undeserved kicking

Remember Cameron was looking like getting a majority in 2010 until Brown made his bigot gaffe. Then people felt sorry for him and thought the media went in to hard on him , and he recovered slightly in the polls.

Just seen Nadine Dorries quote "If Grant has 30 Signatures, then Diane Abbott counted them"

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Grant Shapps + around 30 tory MP's on 13:03 - Oct 6 with 8939 viewsGlasgowBlue

Grant Shapps + around 30 tory MP's on 13:00 - Oct 6 by hype313

Just seen Nadine Dorries quote "If Grant has 30 Signatures, then Diane Abbott counted them"

chuckle

Iron Lion Zion

Grant Shapps + around 30 tory MP's on 13:06 - Oct 6 with 8929 viewsbaxterbasics

Grant Shapps + around 30 tory MP's on 12:35 - Oct 6 by J2BLUE

Forgot about Davis, that would be ok. Clegg is encouraging remainers to join Labour and Conservatives to try and influence policy. How does the voting work?

The MPs whittle it down to 2 candidates first then the wider membership chooses between the 2. Boris has a challenge in making it down to the final 2, he's not popular among the MPs. But if he does then the membership will likely choose him against pretty much anyone else.

I believe - and hope - that when May goes (and she could yet cling on some time) we will end up with an outsider / younger candidate sneaking through in the way David Cameron did when it was being touted early on as Davis Vs Clarke.

Priti Patel for me.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Grant Shapps + around 30 tory MP's on 13:08 - Oct 6 with 8908 viewsArcher4721

Grant Shapps + around 30 tory MP's on 13:00 - Oct 6 by hype313

He had 28 signatures plus Michael Green and Sebastian Fox.
Grant Shapps + around 30 tory MP's on 13:15 - Oct 6 with 8899 viewsGlasgowBlue

Grant Shapps + around 30 tory MP's on 13:06 - Oct 6 by baxterbasics

The MPs whittle it down to 2 candidates first then the wider membership chooses between the 2. Boris has a challenge in making it down to the final 2, he's not popular among the MPs. But if he does then the membership will likely choose him against pretty much anyone else.

I believe - and hope - that when May goes (and she could yet cling on some time) we will end up with an outsider / younger candidate sneaking through in the way David Cameron did when it was being touted early on as Davis Vs Clarke.

Priti Patel for me.

Rory Stewart for me if it's going to be an outsider.

Iron Lion Zion

Grant Shapps + around 30 tory MP's on 13:22 - Oct 6 with 8871 viewsArcher4721

Grant Shapps + around 30 tory MP's on 12:22 - Oct 6 by hype313

Theresa May Refuses To Quit: ‘I Am Providing Calm Leadership’

Arf!

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/theresa-may-refuses-to-quit-it-is-business
Grant Shapps + around 30 tory MP's on 13:26 - Oct 6 with 8873 viewsWeWereZombies

Grant Shapps + around 30 tory MP's on 13:22 - Oct 6 by Archer4721

Theresa May Refuses To Quit: ‘I Am Providing Calm Leadership’

Arf!

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/theresa-may-refuses-to-quit-it-is-business

You misspelled clam...

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Grant Shapps + around 30 tory MP's on 13:29 - Oct 6 with 8867 viewsMattinLondon

Grant Shapps + around 30 tory MP's on 12:17 - Oct 6 by GlasgowBlue

No deal would be absolutely fine. We fall back on WTO rules.

Is falling back on WTO rules worse than what we currently have with the EU - as well as all the treaties we have with non-EU countries that we have as part of the bloc?
Grant Shapps + around 30 tory MP's on 13:45 - Oct 6 with 8813 viewsGlasgowBlue

Grant Shapps + around 30 tory MP's on 13:29 - Oct 6 by MattinLondon

Is falling back on WTO rules worse than what we currently have with the EU - as well as all the treaties we have with non-EU countries that we have as part of the bloc?

No. Because although we may face average tariffs of 2.4% under WTO rules but our net contribution to the EU budget is equivalent to a 7% tariff.

The big players in the world have said that as soon as we leave they are keen to do trade deals with the UK. And the simplicity of the situation is that we won't be part of a block that includes 27 other countries all protecting their own interests when negotiating trade deals.

Iron Lion Zion

Grant Shapps + around 30 tory MP's on 13:46 - Oct 6 with 8809 viewsIpswichKnight

Grant Shapps + around 30 tory MP's on 13:15 - Oct 6 by GlasgowBlue

Rory Stewart for me if it's going to be an outsider.

Has a wafer thin majority in Plymouth which may count against him, same as Amber Rudd, though she is on maneuvers has got Lynton Crosby's firm to work for her recently

Dave came from pretty much nowhere to become leader he was shadow education secretary if I remember rightly.

Ruth Davidson for me if she can be persuaded to step aside from Scotland for the greater good of the party.

Will say this if the whips thought Schapps was getting close to 48 names they'd have been in to see the 1922 committee by now who would be on there way to Maidenhead to advise the PM that the time is now.
Grant Shapps + around 30 tory MP's on 13:53 - Oct 6 with 8781 viewsGlasgowBlue

Grant Shapps + around 30 tory MP's on 13:46 - Oct 6 by IpswichKnight

Has a wafer thin majority in Plymouth which may count against him, same as Amber Rudd, though she is on maneuvers has got Lynton Crosby's firm to work for her recently

Dave came from pretty much nowhere to become leader he was shadow education secretary if I remember rightly.

Ruth Davidson for me if she can be persuaded to step aside from Scotland for the greater good of the party.

Will say this if the whips thought Schapps was getting close to 48 names they'd have been in to see the 1922 committee by now who would be on there way to Maidenhead to advise the PM that the time is now.

His seat is Penrith & The Border and he has a majority of about 13000. (edit) Are you thinking of Johnny Mercer?

Davidson would be a breath of fresh air but she can only lead if their is a leadership election in two or three years time which would give her a chance to find a seat and be a member of Parliament.
[Post edited 6 Oct 2017 13:56]

Iron Lion Zion

Grant Shapps + around 30 tory MP's on 13:59 - Oct 6 with 8769 viewsIpswichKnight

Grant Shapps + around 30 tory MP's on 13:53 - Oct 6 by GlasgowBlue

His seat is Penrith & The Border and he has a majority of about 13000. (edit) Are you thinking of Johnny Mercer?

Davidson would be a breath of fresh air but she can only lead if their is a leadership election in two or three years time which would give her a chance to find a seat and be a member of Parliament.
[Post edited 6 Oct 2017 13:56]

yes i am :)
Grant Shapps + around 30 tory MP's on 14:50 - Oct 6 with 8716 viewstcblue

Grant Shapps + around 30 tory MP's on 11:46 - Oct 6 by GlasgowBlue

I'm aware I might get whooshed but: Boris not holding a grudge?! What about him and Ham Face?

Wasn't Brexit, in some respects, engineered because Boris was unhappy that some upstart lower class Bullingdon member was PM and he was just a horrific buffoon?
Grant Shapps + around 30 tory MP's on 14:56 - Oct 6 with 8698 viewsArcher4721

Grant Shapps + around 30 tory MP's on 13:46 - Oct 6 by IpswichKnight

Can't see the DUP propping up a government led by a Lesbian.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024