Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Warmest October day I can remember! 13:21 - Oct 16 with 9219 viewsBergholtBru

No doubt the global warming liars will be out in force again!!

Offended you I have. A sh@t I do not give.
Poll: EU Referendum. What are your voting intentions at present?

Warmest October day I can remember! on 13:25 - Oct 16 with 5984 viewsNewcyBlue

You're right. There is definitely nothing odd happening with the weather.

There is definitely not a Tropical Revolving Storm heading towards Ireland.

That is definitely not a rare occurrence.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Warmest October day I can remember! on 13:35 - Oct 16 with 5955 viewsNewcyBlue

Warmest October day I can remember! on 13:25 - Oct 16 by NewcyBlue

You're right. There is definitely nothing odd happening with the weather.

There is definitely not a Tropical Revolving Storm heading towards Ireland.

That is definitely not a rare occurrence.

Just looking at my synoptic charts I would guess that Ophelia has made landfall by now

Stay safe anyone in that area.

Warmest October day I can remember! on 13:37 - Oct 16 with 5950 viewsStokieBlue

This particular hot spell has nothing to do with global warming and everything to do with the largest east Atlantic hurricane ever pushing loads of hot air up from the south in front of it.

You could argue that the hurricane itself is a facet of global warming but would need more evidence, at the moment it's just an outlier.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Warmest October day I can remember! on 13:41 - Oct 16 with 5932 viewsBOjK

Warmest October day I can remember! on 13:37 - Oct 16 by StokieBlue

This particular hot spell has nothing to do with global warming and everything to do with the largest east Atlantic hurricane ever pushing loads of hot air up from the south in front of it.

You could argue that the hurricane itself is a facet of global warming but would need more evidence, at the moment it's just an outlier.

SB

The increased occurrence of extreme weather events is directly caused by climate change.

Blog: [Blog] Keep Calm and Carry on (Or Why the Club is Not in Crisis from Top to Bottom)

Warmest October day I can remember! on 13:45 - Oct 16 with 5903 viewsmo_itfc

Warmest October day I can remember! on 13:41 - Oct 16 by BOjK

The increased occurrence of extreme weather events is directly caused by climate change.

How so?

Poll: Now that The Athletic has an article, is this takeover actually happening?

Warmest October day I can remember! on 13:48 - Oct 16 with 5889 viewsStokieBlue

Warmest October day I can remember! on 13:41 - Oct 16 by BOjK

Yes, but that is mainly focused on the usual hurricane areas due to increased sea temperature.

As I said, you can argue that in this case but really we would need more evidence of such occurrences in the east Atlantic before it can definitely not be called an outlier and be related to climate change.

SB

Warmest October day I can remember! on 13:51 - Oct 16 with 5869 viewsNewcyBlue

Warmest October day I can remember! on 13:45 - Oct 16 by mo_itfc

How so?

Simply a rise in Sea Surface Temperatures.

A Tropical Revolving Storm takes its energy from the seas. The warmer seas provide the energy one needs.

Hence why when they get to cooler seas they lose energy. When they go over land they can no longer get said energy and usually die off quite quickly.

Warmest October day I can remember! on 13:53 - Oct 16 with 5861 viewsBOjK

Warmest October day I can remember! on 13:45 - Oct 16 by mo_itfc

How so?

There's been lots of research on this.

https://www.carbonbrief.org/mapped-how-climate-change-affects-extreme-weather-
around-the-world

Blog: [Blog] Keep Calm and Carry on (Or Why the Club is Not in Crisis from Top to Bottom)

Login to get fewer ads

Warmest October day I can remember! on 13:56 - Oct 16 with 5839 viewsamy73

Yes, warmest October for at least 6 years.
Warmest October day I can remember! on 14:05 - Oct 16 with 5801 viewsBOjK

Warmest October day I can remember! on 13:48 - Oct 16 by StokieBlue

Yes, but that is mainly focused on the usual hurricane areas due to increased sea temperature.

As I said, you can argue that in this case but really we would need more evidence of such occurrences in the east Atlantic before it can definitely not be called an outlier and be related to climate change.

SB

I see. Seems a distinction without a difference if you ask me, but we are broadly in agreement, so I'm not sure we gain much from continuing.

Warmest October day I can remember! on 14:08 - Oct 16 with 5788 viewsStokieBlue

Warmest October day I can remember! on 14:05 - Oct 16 by BOjK

I see. Seems a distinction without a difference if you ask me, but we are broadly in agreement, so I'm not sure we gain much from continuing.

Yes, we are in agreement, especially on things such as the usual hurricane season and monsoon changes.

Just think it's dangerous to extrapolate the same to this specific instance given a sample size of one although it's certainly likely the same holds true with regards to this event.

SB

Warmest October day I can remember! on 14:10 - Oct 16 with 5782 viewschicoazul

Global weirding, not warming.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Warmest October day I can remember! on 14:17 - Oct 16 with 5756 viewsHoppersblue10

I got married 23 yrs ago on the 8th October, that was a warm one as well, hit 20C that day as well!

Poll: Who do you want to win on Sunday?

Warmest October day I can remember! on 14:23 - Oct 16 with 5729 viewsBluebell

Weird weather here in Oxfordshire.

Just walked the dog and the sky is almost pink in places but dark too. I now have lights on in the house. Very windy but really warm. Went out in t-shirt.

Very strange!
Warmest October day I can remember! on 14:24 - Oct 16 with 5725 viewsStokieBlue

Warmest October day I can remember! on 14:23 - Oct 16 by Bluebell

Just walked the dog and the sky is almost pink in places but dark too. I now have lights on in the house. Very windy but really warm. Went out in t-shirt.

Very strange!

It's dust from the Sahara desert which has been thrown north by Ophelia.

SB

Warmest October day I can remember! on 14:26 - Oct 16 with 5715 viewsPJH

Very strange!

Your dog wore a t-shirt?
Warmest October day I can remember! on 14:27 - Oct 16 with 5710 viewsBluebell

Warmest October day I can remember! on 14:26 - Oct 16 by PJH

Your dog wore a t-shirt?

I don’t have a dog.
Warmest October day I can remember! on 14:36 - Oct 16 with 5678 viewsblueislander

Warmest October day I can remember! on 14:27 - Oct 16 by Bluebell

I don’t have a dog.

We have a strange dark , but very thin layer of cloud here with the sun occasionally visible through it glowing orange. Apparently we are under cloud and ash from the wild fires in Portugal and North West Spain. Rather eerie and apocalyptic.
Warmest October day I can remember! on 14:41 - Oct 16 with 5669 viewsbluewein

Warmest October day I can remember! on 14:27 - Oct 16 by Bluebell

I don’t have a dog.

In that case, was it a dog you were walking?

Are you in fact the woman everyone points at in pity whilst saying "There she goes. Walking her brick again..."?

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

Warmest October day I can remember! on 14:59 - Oct 16 with 5627 viewsSpruceMoose

Top trolling! Even you aren't so think as to actually believe that.

Should wind a few up though.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Warmest October day I can remember! on 15:09 - Oct 16 with 5606 viewsFenboyBlue

It's been dark in south west of London for the past hour, as if we are under an eclipse.
All the animals have gone to higher ground.
This could be the zombie apocalypse. Or The Rapture. Or an Asteroid. Or Bonkers.
Warmest October day I can remember! on 15:13 - Oct 16 with 5593 viewsRyorry

Very strange!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Warmest October day I can remember! on 15:17 - Oct 16 with 5575 viewsRyorry

Warmest October day I can remember! on 14:36 - Oct 16 by blueislander

We have a strange dark , but very thin layer of cloud here with the sun occasionally visible through it glowing orange. Apparently we are under cloud and ash from the wild fires in Portugal and North West Spain. Rather eerie and apocalyptic.

Was depressingly dark here too, needed full kitchen lighting on at midday! Sun out now tho

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Warmest October day I can remember! on 15:30 - Oct 16 with 5542 viewsblueislander

Warmest October day I can remember! on 15:17 - Oct 16 by Ryorry

Was depressingly dark here too, needed full kitchen lighting on at midday! Sun out now tho

Sun out here now too. Just as well as I am getting on a plane in a couple of hours.
Warmest October day I can remember! on 15:45 - Oct 16 with 5516 viewsimsureazzure

Warmest October day I can remember! on 14:59 - Oct 16 by SpruceMoose

Top trolling! Even you aren't so think as to actually believe that.

Should wind a few up though.

So you believe that the whole globe is warming?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024