Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tooth removal issues (if you are squimish about teeth/dentist don't click!) 22:42 - Nov 28 with 1976 viewsmonytowbray

I had a bottom wisdom tooth out on Friday as it had got beyond saving after several years of fillings, and balls to a root canal.

Anyway, it's now tuesday and although the hole has healed, I'm in agony as the lining of the empty socket, which is ruddy sharp, has forced it's way through my gum like a growing wisdom tooth would. Basically I have a small, sharp lining of my jaw bone protruding in my mouth.

The pain is also similar to a wisdom tooth coming through, although the hole next to it where the extraction was made is now painless and healing up fine. I'm currently on a diet of anti biotics, strong Inbruprohen (sp?) by day and even stronger co-codamel (again sp?) by night.

Anyone ever had similar issues or dentistry experience here who can advise? I've seen mixed opinions online about it being normal and it should heal itself vs going back to the dentist and getting the bone filed down so the gum can grow over it easier. I have to go back soon anyway for another proceedure because they couldn't get the bottom of one of the roots out.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Tooth removal issues (if you are squimish about teeth/dentist don't click!) on 22:45 - Nov 28 with 1960 viewsFixed_It

Don't want to seem callous Callis, but we won so...

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Tooth removal issues (if you are squimish about teeth/dentist don't click!) on 22:47 - Nov 28 with 1947 viewsmonytowbray

Tooth removal issues (if you are squimish about teeth/dentist don't click!) on 22:45 - Nov 28 by Fixed_It

Don't want to seem callous Callis, but we won so...

Gone quiet on here, where are all the dental extraction moaners now?!

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Tooth removal issues (if you are squimish about teeth/dentist don't click!) on 23:38 - Nov 28 with 1879 viewsSwansea_Blue

Normal protocol for these type of posts is to comment on how fit the dentist and/or dentist's assistant was.

Have you tried hitting it with a hammer? Turned it off and on again?

If neither of those work and it's giving you grief and getting worse, I'd go back to the dentist.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Tooth removal issues (if you are squimish about teeth/dentist don't click!) on 23:57 - Nov 28 with 1861 viewsSpruceMoose

Tooth removal issues (if you are squimish about teeth/dentist don't click!) on 23:38 - Nov 28 by Swansea_Blue

Normal protocol for these type of posts is to comment on how fit the dentist and/or dentist's assistant was.

Have you tried hitting it with a hammer? Turned it off and on again?

If neither of those work and it's giving you grief and getting worse, I'd go back to the dentist.

There's always the option of parking at Gatwick. Hope you're feeling better soon, Callis.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Tooth removal issues (if you are squimish about teeth/dentist don't click!) on 23:58 - Nov 28 with 1862 viewsGogs

Ow. Sounds f...ing painful. I had all my wisdom teeth out in one go under general anaesthetic about 20 years ago, It was painful enough without what you're going through. I just kept taking the Tylex (co-codamol) until the pain went away. I also chipped a molar a few years later, which was not in itself painful but created a sharp bit of tooth which kept cutting the inside of my cheek and my tongue. I went back to the dentist and got it filed down. In my opinion you need to do the same with your problem. A sharp bit of tooth or jaw isn't going to just go away on its own, at least not for a long time.
Tooth removal issues (if you are squimish about teeth/dentist don't click!) on 00:12 - Nov 29 with 1844 viewsRyorry

This might be a bit of a boring reply - but dental hospital?!

Maybe whisky mouthwash meanwhile ...

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Tooth removal issues (if you are squimish about teeth/dentist don't click!) on 07:31 - Nov 29 with 1760 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Had similar, left it and smoothed off and gum covered it after about 6 weeks. I did think I had a miracle third tooth growing for a while !

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Tooth removal issues (if you are squimish about teeth/dentist don't click!) on 07:43 - Nov 29 with 1752 viewsGeoffSentence

Tooth problems? I advise a high calcium diet.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024