Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Team v Derby 18:47 - Dec 29 with 4091 views12th_Man

Bart
Knudsen Webster Chambers Spence
Bru Connolly Ward McGoldrick
Waghorn Garner
Subs.
Crowe
Smith
Kenlock
Iorfa
McDonnell
Celina
Sears

Poll: Would you like ITFC to sign Colchester's Kane Vincent-Young

Team v Derby on 18:56 - Dec 29 with 4059 viewsBluefish

Why is Knudsen at right back and Spence at left back?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Team v Derby on 19:15 - Dec 29 with 4033 viewsshoopdelang

Strange lineup
Team v Derby on 22:21 - Dec 29 with 3942 views12th_Man

Team v Derby on 18:56 - Dec 29 by Bluefish

Why is Knudsen at right back and Spence at left back?

Not formation

Poll: Would you like ITFC to sign Colchester's Kane Vincent-Young

Team v Derby on 22:57 - Dec 29 with 3922 viewsHarry_Palmer

Team v Derby on 22:21 - Dec 29 by 12th_Man

Not formation

Yet you decided to list it in a 442 formation anyway with the full backs on the wrong side?

Makes sense.
Team v Derby on 23:02 - Dec 29 with 3912 viewsBluefish

Team v Derby on 22:57 - Dec 29 by Harry_Palmer

Yet you decided to list it in a 442 formation anyway with the full backs on the wrong side?

Makes sense.

Maybe they are on the wings and Bart is up top?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Team v Derby on 09:18 - Dec 30 with 3781 viewsHerbivore

Celina will come in for Waghorn, Didz or Garner. Personally I'd rest Garner.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Team v Derby on 09:31 - Dec 30 with 3761 viewsHarry_Palmer

Team v Derby on 09:18 - Dec 30 by Herbivore

Celina will come in for Waghorn, Didz or Garner. Personally I'd rest Garner.

Me too. I'd go Waghorn up top with Ward McGoldrick & Celina in behind him ( Dids being in the central position of the three ).
Team v Derby on 10:16 - Dec 30 with 3719 viewsHerbivore

Team v Derby on 09:31 - Dec 30 by Harry_Palmer

Me too. I'd go Waghorn up top with Ward McGoldrick & Celina in behind him ( Dids being in the central position of the three ).

Exactly my thoughts, my good man. That's our best and most balanced attacking line up currently imo. Didz playing centrally can influence the game more, Waghorn is more than capable of leading the line, and Celina and Ward give us pace and energy out wide.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

Team v Derby on 10:24 - Dec 30 with 3712 viewsTLA

Team v Derby on 10:16 - Dec 30 by Herbivore

Exactly my thoughts, my good man. That's our best and most balanced attacking line up currently imo. Didz playing centrally can influence the game more, Waghorn is more than capable of leading the line, and Celina and Ward give us pace and energy out wide.

Yep, that would be my choice today too.

I'd quite like having Garner to come off the bench.
Team v Derby on 10:41 - Dec 30 with 3681 viewschicoazul

Team v Derby on 10:24 - Dec 30 by TLA

Yep, that would be my choice today too.

I'd quite like having Garner to come off the bench.

Mick won't drop Garner. He loves him and the team's attack pattern is based in large part on his style of play. If anyone should be dropped then Waghorn has scored 1 in 7.

Nice to have some players with goals under their belt to choose from up front though

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Team v Derby on 11:18 - Dec 30 with 3624 viewsTLA

Team v Derby on 10:41 - Dec 30 by chicoazul

Mick won't drop Garner. He loves him and the team's attack pattern is based in large part on his style of play. If anyone should be dropped then Waghorn has scored 1 in 7.

Nice to have some players with goals under their belt to choose from up front though

I think you're right and Garner doesn't deserve to e dropped. It's just about making the players we have work in the formation we play, rather than fitting them all in.
Team v Derby on 12:37 - Dec 30 with 3567 viewsPilgrimblue

Team v Derby on 11:18 - Dec 30 by TLA

I think you're right and Garner doesn't deserve to e dropped. It's just about making the players we have work in the formation we play, rather than fitting them all in.

You can't drop Garner who will be defending the corners?

Think that Skuse could be back but would also put McKendry on bench and drive Sears back to Colchester.
Team v Derby on 12:43 - Dec 30 with 3554 viewsgordon

That's the line-up, yes. Waghorn as the central attacking midfielder / deep forward is plain daft. We've got one of the best in the division for that position in our squad and it definitely isn't Waghorn!
Team v Derby on 12:52 - Dec 30 with 3543 viewscarlisleaway

I would drop McGoldrick, Celina is much more quicker and more likely to change the game with his tricks. McGoldrick always seems to slow any attack up, lost his sparkle....like him to prove me wrong.
Team v Derby on 13:10 - Dec 30 with 3509 viewsHarry_Palmer

Exactly, I really don't understand MM playing Dids on the right, it leaves him pretty much ineffective in my view and its not a though he offers a great defensive service tracking back either.
Team v Derby on 13:10 - Dec 30 with 3508 viewsgordon

Team v Derby on 12:52 - Dec 30 by carlisleaway

I would drop McGoldrick, Celina is much more quicker and more likely to change the game with his tricks. McGoldrick always seems to slow any attack up, lost his sparkle....like him to prove me wrong.

McGoldrick definitely isn't a winger, that's for sure.
Team v Derby on 13:15 - Dec 30 with 3497 viewsgordon

Team v Derby on 13:10 - Dec 30 by Harry_Palmer

Exactly, I really don't understand MM playing Dids on the right, it leaves him pretty much ineffective in my view and its not a though he offers a great defensive service tracking back either.

Yeah, that's the baffling thing about Mick Mac's attempt at a 4-2-3-1 formation.

McGoldrick and Sears as wide players are pretty ineffective going forward, and don't have much idea how to help out full-backs (which is understandable, given that they are both forwards). And Waghorn should be chasing balls into the channels, rather than picking the ball up centrally in a crowded midfield.

Should be Grant and Celina in the wide positions, McGoldrick central, and either Waghorn or Garner up top.
Team v Derby on 13:29 - Dec 30 with 3460 viewsmuccletonjoe

Smith playing
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024