Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
'The better team' 09:34 - Feb 19 with 1576 viewsFinidiCentenary

There must be someone in the realms of TWTD that knows enough Norwich fans, or lives or has lived in Norwich, who is able to decipher their universal claims that they are 'the better team'.

Yesterday, we were dominant in the first half, they were dominant in the second, but it ended even. Now they may have argued, had they won, they are the better team, but that would also make them worse than Sunderland who they lost to and make Rochdale as good as Spurs. So that surely can't be how they think.

I guess they must go with the table instead then. That's the best indicator right. But that seems to have us ahead of them, level on points. So that again makes us the same, but if anything makes us ever so slightly better right? So it can't be that.

So what do Norwich have on us. Oh that's right. We've not beaten them for 9 years. So historically they are the better side. But wait. History doesn't count right because if it does then we are the much bigger, more successful side, which they don't like. So are they saying that history doesn't count, unless it's from a deliberately defined period of 9 years? In which case, surely the most relevant happenings are the latest ones.

The draw yesterday that kept us above them. It's really odd.

Do they mean that on paper they have a better team? One that's actually - on grass - below us towards the end of February? Because by now you'd have to argue maybe they aren't that strong or paper or we aren't that poor.

I just don't get where they are coming from. They are totally pony and have one superb player who won't be there next year and a loan keeper who is highly rated but looked nervy as hell yesterday.

Quite how ALL of their fans can claim they are the better team is quite bizarre. No matter what metric you use to measure it. They aren't anymore.

Poll: Which lower league manager would you appoint if all of the following applied?

'The better team' on 09:42 - Feb 19 with 1523 viewsHerbivore

I'd say Klose and Maddison are class and better than anything we have, the rest of their side is bang average. There's very little between the two teams, as yesterday and the league table both demonstrate.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

'The better team' on 09:49 - Feb 19 with 1501 viewsUncle_Bulgaria

.....add to that the fact that they were incredibly lucky at PR earlier in the season, and arguably fortunate last season at Carrow Rd. The fact that they were going bananas at having nicked a point at home to a supposedly "sh1t team" says everything about their current situation.

Don't get me wrong, we would have gone bananas too, but a period of sober reflection might be in order up there before they start spouting off again
'The better team' on 10:00 - Feb 19 with 1467 viewsHeathlander

"I think if I’d been given £100 million over the last three years I think I could have been languishing in 13th as well,” he added.

I thought that was quite funny from Mick.
They are the better team technically we were better first half on 10:08 - Feb 19 with 1438 viewsunstableblue

... as we closed and harassed and did the dirty stuff better than them.

Second half their better passing, movement and 2/3 superior players came to the fore.

Their pass completion % was far far better than us over the game.

At the moment over the 2 East Anglian derbies they are the better team in terms of results and effectiveness of play.

We remain above them in the league; probably because we do the ugly stuff better and they’ve had a major wobble.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

'The better team' on 10:14 - Feb 19 with 1417 viewsJ2BLUE

Think we edged the first half, we didn't dominate. I think if we played them there every day for a month we'd lose 15+ and win less than 5. Not looking to be pessimistic, just being honest. There's a good chance that Maddison won't be there next time we play them. Take him out of it and next season might be very interesting.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

They are the better team technically we were better first half on 10:24 - Feb 19 with 1387 viewsHerbivore

They are the better team technically we were better first half on 10:08 - Feb 19 by unstableblue

... as we closed and harassed and did the dirty stuff better than them.

Second half their better passing, movement and 2/3 superior players came to the fore.

Their pass completion % was far far better than us over the game.

At the moment over the 2 East Anglian derbies they are the better team in terms of results and effectiveness of play.

We remain above them in the league; probably because we do the ugly stuff better and they’ve had a major wobble.

We're above them in the league because, over nearly three quarters of a season, we've been slightly better than them.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

They are the better team technically we were better first half on 10:49 - Feb 19 with 1314 viewsFinidiCentenary

They are the better team technically we were better first half on 10:24 - Feb 19 by Herbivore

We're above them in the league because, over nearly three quarters of a season, we've been slightly better than them.

This is what I find genuinely amazing that their fans can't fathom!

They have been miles ahead of us for the last god knows how many seasons, but this year they are below us deep into the season.

The way they are carrying on is like they are 20 points above us and we have all the top teams to play. They genuinely feel both teams are in a false position and they should be 4th and us 19th the way they are acting. It's bizarre.

Poll: Which lower league manager would you appoint if all of the following applied?

They are the better team technically we were better first half on 11:06 - Feb 19 with 1249 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

They are the better team technically we were better first half on 10:49 - Feb 19 by FinidiCentenary

This is what I find genuinely amazing that their fans can't fathom!

They have been miles ahead of us for the last god knows how many seasons, but this year they are below us deep into the season.

The way they are carrying on is like they are 20 points above us and we have all the top teams to play. They genuinely feel both teams are in a false position and they should be 4th and us 19th the way they are acting. It's bizarre.

In fairness, when I've watched us play this season I've been amazed that we are so close to the play offs.

As for yesterday Maddison was the only player on the that looked anything above average mid table championship standard (for all of 30 minutes) and was amazed how reliant they are on him, but then we would be if we had a player of his ability.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024