Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
3 main thoughts from last night 13:03 - Apr 11 with 2592 viewsjudespiveyg

1. Moore is still crap
2. For a team fighting for championship survival, Barnsley didn't look that interested, for example Fryers going off despite absolutely not being injured.
3. Waghorn looks better in a free role that he had after Folami came on, at centre forward He doesn't get enough of the ball.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

3 main thoughts from last night on 13:06 - Apr 11 with 2559 viewsbracknell_blue

Interesting to see that Fryers hasn't improved since he was with us. I think he pretended to be injured as Ward was tearing him a new one.

Poll: Should Thatcher have a state funeral

3 main thoughts from last night on 13:06 - Apr 11 with 2548 viewsTractorCam

3 main thoughts from last night on 13:06 - Apr 11 by bracknell_blue

Interesting to see that Fryers hasn't improved since he was with us. I think he pretended to be injured as Ward was tearing him a new one.

Will never forgot his performance at Huddersfield away, absolutely awful

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

3 main thoughts from last night on 13:10 - Apr 11 with 2515 viewsSwansea_Blue

3 main thoughts from last night on 13:06 - Apr 11 by bracknell_blue

I was looking to see what he's done lately. Nothing seems to be answer. He's played virtually no competitive football since he left us, just a handful of games for Place last year. Last night seems to be his first appearance for Barnsley this season if wiki is anything to go by.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

3 main thoughts from last night on 13:13 - Apr 11 with 2489 viewsSteve_M

Moore was better than he looked for us, especially early on, but he still can't jump which is a bit of a weakness for a centre forward, I think it was him marking Jonas for the goal too.

Fryers had cramp I think, Ward having turned him inside out just before.

Yes, was the same against Millwall. He was trying to do both roles in the first half, and at Birmingham for that matter - in that one he should have stayed up front.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

3 main thoughts from last night on 13:22 - Apr 11 with 2409 viewsBluebell

3 main thoughts from last night on 13:13 - Apr 11 by Steve_M

Moore was better than he looked for us, especially early on, but he still can't jump which is a bit of a weakness for a centre forward, I think it was him marking Jonas for the goal too.

Fryers had cramp I think, Ward having turned him inside out just before.

Yes, was the same against Millwall. He was trying to do both roles in the first half, and at Birmingham for that matter - in that one he should have stayed up front.

I agree about Moore. Better than when playing with us and he did get his head on some of the balls but just headed them over the bar. No control at all.

Shows how much I know. I don’t remember Fryers playing for Town.
3 main thoughts from last night on 13:33 - Apr 11 with 2312 viewsFixed_It

3 main thoughts from last night on 13:06 - Apr 11 by TractorCam

Was amost Mark Fish-esque!
[Post edited 11 Apr 2018 13:34]

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

3 main thoughts from last night on 14:52 - Apr 11 with 2045 viewsStadiumofdark

3 main thoughts from last night on 13:10 - Apr 11 by Swansea_Blue

I was looking to see what he's done lately. Nothing seems to be answer. He's played virtually no competitive football since he left us, just a handful of games for Place last year. Last night seems to be his first appearance for Barnsley this season if wiki is anything to go by.

Played 18 times this season for them.

Whether he's touched the ball, or tackled an opponent is another matter
3 main thoughts from last night on 15:16 - Apr 11 with 1981 viewsDarth_Koont

Hmmm. I thought Moore was quite good and certainly occupied our CBs in the first half. Second half Barnsley faded badly and didn't get the ball to him nearly as much.

Which brings me to your second point: Yeah, Barnsley were surprisingly passive for a side that's fighting for every point. Maybe we can take some credit for outfighting them and closing them down but still surprised how little they threatened to get back into the game.

Pronouns: He/Him

Login to get fewer ads

3 main thoughts from last night on 15:26 - Apr 11 with 1930 viewsconnorscontract

3 main thoughts from last night on 13:06 - Apr 11 by TractorCam

Yes. The worst performance I've seen by a Left Back for Ipswich. And I saw Dan Harding and Jay McEverley (and I think that O'Dea lad from Celtic fill in there once, either that or he was just terribly out of position as a Centre Back...)

If I remember rightly, Keane made Tom Eastman play at Full Back which was stupid and unfair. Morris Voltz wasn't as good as we wanted him to be, but not Fryers bad.

All of whom make Carlos Edwards and Luke Chambers, who both got a lot of stick, look like the dependable pros they were, even though both were playing out of their favoured position.

So when I heard all the praise for Barry Cotter I was pleased. But then when I heard that he was up against Fryers I realised that the jury still needs to be out on him until he has had a proper test!
[Post edited 11 Apr 2018 15:30]
3 main thoughts from last night on 16:42 - Apr 11 with 1838 viewsSteve_M

3 main thoughts from last night on 15:26 - Apr 11 by connorscontract

Yes. The worst performance I've seen by a Left Back for Ipswich. And I saw Dan Harding and Jay McEverley (and I think that O'Dea lad from Celtic fill in there once, either that or he was just terribly out of position as a Centre Back...)

If I remember rightly, Keane made Tom Eastman play at Full Back which was stupid and unfair. Morris Voltz wasn't as good as we wanted him to be, but not Fryers bad.

All of whom make Carlos Edwards and Luke Chambers, who both got a lot of stick, look like the dependable pros they were, even though both were playing out of their favoured position.

So when I heard all the praise for Barry Cotter I was pleased. But then when I heard that he was up against Fryers I realised that the jury still needs to be out on him until he has had a proper test!
[Post edited 11 Apr 2018 15:30]

TBF to Fryers he played two matches for club and was decent against Bournemouth, the second was clearly awful though.

Voltz was fine, think the issue then was more we kept changing the side and Magilton couldn't keep any consistency. That was the season of heightened expectations and constant whinging at Magilton from some.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024