Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
my heads spinning reading this forum 08:40 - Apr 22 with 11297 viewstextbackup

On one hand we have fans saying how proud they are of the support yesterday, a positive atmosphere back at portman road, that's all we want isn't it, a united fanbase, surely?

but no, typical TWTD fashion we have in reply the happiness and joy fans having a go back saying "why didn't you do this earlier in the season".... I mean if you need to ask the question you probably wont ever understand.

however it would suggest to me that those asking the above question were in-fact singing their hearts out with no back up earlier in the season? which cant possibly be true, because I, and 12000 others certainly didn't hear it.

PJH and the likes of him, tell me, did you sing along yesterday, or were you more angry that there was no booing to complain about, so you looked for the next best thing, complaining about supporting when that's what you've previously moaned that fans haven't done this season.... see why I'm so confused

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

my heads spinning reading this forum on 08:43 - Apr 22 with 5407 viewsJohnny_Boy

Yippee. More point-scoring.
my heads spinning reading this forum on 08:44 - Apr 22 with 5405 viewstractorboy1978

People just need to draw a line - it is becoming increasingly tedious. Lets have a fresh start with all fans at least starting the new manager's reign on the same page.
my heads spinning reading this forum on 08:45 - Apr 22 with 5389 viewsHerbivore

I don't think it's that hard to understand how people can be both happy with the positive atmosphere yesterday and still question where that kind of support has been for most of the last 2 years. It was great to see the fans in good voice yesterday, but let's not pretend the atmosphere had anything much to do with what was happening on the pitch. The argument that the poor atmosphere previously was because we were playing badly doesn't really wash when we were poor yesterday (first 15 minutes aside). The fans made it personal, they refused to support the team because they didn't like the man in charge. I think that's a shame but it's time for everyone to move on.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2018 8:46]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

my heads spinning reading this forum on 08:46 - Apr 22 with 5383 viewstextbackup

my heads spinning reading this forum on 08:43 - Apr 22 by Johnny_Boy

Yippee. More point-scoring.

I can promise you I couldn't honestly give two fcks about 99% of the posters on here liking what I have to say.
however, all I wanted to add is that this place is more confusing than reading a thread on mumsnet.
I always thought females were fcking nuts, but reading this blokes are just as bad.

my heads spinning reading this forum on 08:48 - Apr 22 with 5339 viewsFixed_It

my heads spinning reading this forum on 08:46 - Apr 22 by textbackup

I can promise you I couldn't honestly give two fcks about 99% of the posters on here liking what I have to say.
however, all I wanted to add is that this place is more confusing than reading a thread on mumsnet.
I always thought females were fcking nuts, but reading this blokes are just as bad.

Draw. A. Line.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

my heads spinning reading this forum on 08:49 - Apr 22 with 5324 viewstextbackup

my heads spinning reading this forum on 08:45 - Apr 22 by Herbivore

I don't think it's that hard to understand how people can be both happy with the positive atmosphere yesterday and still question where that kind of support has been for most of the last 2 years. It was great to see the fans in good voice yesterday, but let's not pretend the atmosphere had anything much to do with what was happening on the pitch. The argument that the poor atmosphere previously was because we were playing badly doesn't really wash when we were poor yesterday (first 15 minutes aside). The fans made it personal, they refused to support the team because they didn't like the man in charge. I think that's a shame but it's time for everyone to move on.

its not like a switch flicked and the support stopped, it was a long drawn out dull process.
i'm glad PR had some noise yesterday, hopefully the crowds start returning and we can make it a decent place to go every Saturday.

its not hard to understand, but what is hard to understand is its actually pissed people off if im reading correctly. not you, so don't wet yourself, but some seem genuinely as annoyed about there being noise to being boos.... takes alsorts I guess

my heads spinning reading this forum on 08:51 - Apr 22 with 5308 viewsJohnny_Boy

- The fans made it personal, they refused to support the team because they didn't like the man in charge.

An interesting comment, because equally you/people didn't want the fans IN the ground voicing their displeasure at MM. Can't have it both ways I'm afraid.

You think it was bad at Portman Road? imagine being an Arsenal fan.
my heads spinning reading this forum on 08:56 - Apr 22 with 5263 viewsHerbivore

my heads spinning reading this forum on 08:51 - Apr 22 by Johnny_Boy

- The fans made it personal, they refused to support the team because they didn't like the man in charge.

An interesting comment, because equally you/people didn't want the fans IN the ground voicing their displeasure at MM. Can't have it both ways I'm afraid.

You think it was bad at Portman Road? imagine being an Arsenal fan.

Can't have what both ways? If you're going to create a crap atmosphere then stay at home, if you're coming to support the team then crack on. That's only having it one way, mate. I know you're a bit dim but counting to one and two shouldn't be beyond you.

Login to get fewer ads

my heads spinning reading this forum on 08:56 - Apr 22 with 5259 viewsPJH

I did not sing yesterday, I only usually sing at away games.

It is not all that confusing-the support was very good yesterday as opposed to being at best poor for most of the season.

I would not have been surprised if there had been some anti MM chanting yesterday but I was not angry that there (apparently) was not.

I am sure that the players prefer it when "supporters" support don't you think?
my heads spinning reading this forum on 08:57 - Apr 22 with 5249 viewsHerbivore

my heads spinning reading this forum on 08:49 - Apr 22 by textbackup

its not like a switch flicked and the support stopped, it was a long drawn out dull process.
i'm glad PR had some noise yesterday, hopefully the crowds start returning and we can make it a decent place to go every Saturday.

its not hard to understand, but what is hard to understand is its actually pissed people off if im reading correctly. not you, so don't wet yourself, but some seem genuinely as annoyed about there being noise to being boos.... takes alsorts I guess

Is anyone genuinely annoyed though? I think people have questioned where that kind of support has been but I've not really seen many comments suggesting people are angry that the support was good yesterday.

my heads spinning reading this forum on 08:57 - Apr 22 with 5247 viewstextbackup

my heads spinning reading this forum on 08:56 - Apr 22 by Herbivore

Can't have what both ways? If you're going to create a crap atmosphere then stay at home, if you're coming to support the team then crack on. That's only having it one way, mate. I know you're a bit dim but counting to one and two shouldn't be beyond you.

wow, patronising little chap aren't you

my heads spinning reading this forum on 08:58 - Apr 22 with 5248 viewsblueblueburleymcgrew

The Club is in a state of flux, so are the fans, these are not normal times.

Having said that, I hope the new normal is not the last coiuple of years on here under Mick.
my heads spinning reading this forum on 08:58 - Apr 22 with 5241 viewsJohnny_Boy

Most people agree with your sentiments - but there's no use picking a raw scab. Again. And again.
my heads spinning reading this forum on 08:59 - Apr 22 with 5221 viewsHerbivore

my heads spinning reading this forum on 08:57 - Apr 22 by textbackup

wow, patronising little chap aren't you

I'm sure you can take that to the WhatsApp group, mate.

my heads spinning reading this forum on 09:00 - Apr 22 with 5216 viewsBenters2

This with fkn bells on
my heads spinning reading this forum on 09:02 - Apr 22 with 5205 viewstextbackup

my heads spinning reading this forum on 08:56 - Apr 22 by PJH

It is not all that confusing-the support was very good yesterday as opposed to being at best poor for most of the season.

I would not have been surprised if there had been some anti MM chanting yesterday but I was not angry that there (apparently) was not.

You don't sing at home games?

oh god yes, they will of course prefer the support, and hopefully they realise from that yesterday that it was never us against them.

my heads spinning reading this forum on 09:03 - Apr 22 with 5207 viewsJohnny_Boy

my heads spinning reading this forum on 08:56 - Apr 22 by Herbivore

The crap atmosphere was singlehandedly dished up by the previous regime - lest we forget.

Yesterday apparently proved the fans are still behind the team. It was the manager which was the problem. We both have issues with the 1% of idiots that unacceptablely made it personal, but it was the significant larger percentage that voted with their feet - and made their feelings known to M.E.

To simply class them together is wrong & missing the larger picture
[Post edited 22 Apr 2018 9:06]
my heads spinning reading this forum on 09:03 - Apr 22 with 5193 viewstextbackup

my heads spinning reading this forum on 08:59 - Apr 22 by Herbivore

I'm sure you can take that to the WhatsApp group, mate.

good point, I haven't checked it, someone will have picked it up i'm sure.

my heads spinning reading this forum on 09:08 - Apr 22 with 5153 viewsJohnny_Boy

my heads spinning reading this forum on 08:56 - Apr 22 by PJH

Why don't you sing at home games? Weirdo
my heads spinning reading this forum on 09:09 - Apr 22 with 5148 viewsPJH

my heads spinning reading this forum on 09:02 - Apr 22 by textbackup

You don't sing at home games?

oh god yes, they will of course prefer the support, and hopefully they realise from that yesterday that it was never us against them.

Not allowed to-I don't go in the North Stand.

You say that it was not us against the players but just imagine if you were a player trying to perform in front of what was happening in the stands. Whether it was ever intended to be us against them the atmosphere created certainly made it so.

In fact the first time I recall the negative chanting was at Wigan last season and when we got the late winner I don't think the players were yelling "thanks for your support" when they celebrated in front of us.
my heads spinning reading this forum on 09:11 - Apr 22 with 5136 viewswkj

No one has any right to dictate who or how (within reason) people support the club- Though they do have the right to agree or disagree, just a shame it has to be with such venom and animosity - but hey how, that is the way of the modern world, we have to be part of a group and as part of that comes a disgusting obligation to demean those in the group we do not represent.

Lovely stuff

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

my heads spinning reading this forum on 09:12 - Apr 22 with 5110 viewstextbackup

my heads spinning reading this forum on 09:09 - Apr 22 by PJH

Not allowed to-I don't go in the North Stand.

You say that it was not us against the players but just imagine if you were a player trying to perform in front of what was happening in the stands. Whether it was ever intended to be us against them the atmosphere created certainly made it so.

In fact the first time I recall the negative chanting was at Wigan last season and when we got the late winner I don't think the players were yelling "thanks for your support" when they celebrated in front of us.

"Not allowed to-I don't go in the North Stand"

you're anti north stand aren't you, that's all you needed to say

my heads spinning reading this forum on 09:16 - Apr 22 with 5067 viewsPJH

my heads spinning reading this forum on 09:08 - Apr 22 by Johnny_Boy

Why don't you sing at home games? Weirdo

I do join in the clapping sometimes when it spreads around the ground but singing?

I prefer to analyse what is going on on the pitch and in the North Stand so singing would be a distraction.
my heads spinning reading this forum on 09:23 - Apr 22 with 5023 viewsFtnfwest

It’s our fault as the more we sang for something the less likely we were to get it. Plus we were all backsides as well.
my heads spinning reading this forum on 09:24 - Apr 22 with 5016 viewsArcher4721

my heads spinning reading this forum on 09:12 - Apr 22 by textbackup

"Not allowed to-I don't go in the North Stand"

you're anti north stand aren't you, that's all you needed to say

TBF The North Stand is full of Morons these days.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024