Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Council Elections 23:12 - May 3 with 9429 viewstractordownsouth

BBC Results Programme through the night starting in 30 minutes.

Labour are projected to take some Tory seats despite it being a tough few weeks for both parties with Windrush/ Anti- Semitism. A lot of the seats contested today were previously held by UKIP, so it will be interesting to see how much of their vote goes to each party. Not going to do exact numbers but I'll go for:

Gains: Labour, Lib Dem, Greens

Losses: Tories and UKIP

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Council Elections on 23:14 - May 3 with 4788 viewsJ2BLUE

I'm going to stay up because i'm sad and it fascinates me.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Council Elections on 23:17 - May 3 with 4777 viewstractordownsouth

Council Elections on 23:14 - May 3 by J2BLUE

I can't remember them having one for the Council Elections last year. We've been spoiled recently, this will be the 5th Election/ Referendum Coverage since 2015. Not a single one has gone my way mind.
[Post edited 3 May 2018 23:18]

Council Elections on 23:34 - May 3 with 4747 viewsJ2BLUE

Council Elections on 23:17 - May 3 by tractordownsouth

I can't remember them having one for the Council Elections last year. We've been spoiled recently, this will be the 5th Election/ Referendum Coverage since 2015. Not a single one has gone my way mind.
[Post edited 3 May 2018 23:18]

Good luck. I'm imagining GB, Archer and Benters all sitting at home in full colours.

I hope Labour do well.

Truly impaired.

Council Elections on 23:34 - May 3 with 4746 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Council Elections on 23:14 - May 3 by J2BLUE

Ill have it on at some stage tonight I’m sure

I like the voting but being announced. Like Eurovision innit.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Council Elections on 23:36 - May 3 with 4740 viewstractordownsouth

Council Elections on 23:34 - May 3 by J2BLUE

Good luck. I'm imagining GB, Archer and Benters all sitting at home in full colours.

I hope Labour do well.

I'm more Lib Dem leaning tbh, but considering a lot of the seats are from UKIP, I'm more than happy for Labour to take a few. They've just taken one from them in Basildon.

I'm sure some of the Flag waving Patriots will be frothing at the mouth at their seat being taken by Libtards
[Post edited 3 May 2018 23:37]

Council Elections on 23:37 - May 3 with 4739 viewsJ2BLUE

Council Elections on 23:34 - May 3 by The_Romford_Blue

Ill have it on at some stage tonight I’m sure

I like the voting but being announced. Like Eurovision innit.

There'll be a minutes applause at 00:00 to remember our fallen brother jeera*

*The poster, thankfully he's still living

Truly impaired.

Council Elections on 23:42 - May 3 with 4723 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Council Elections on 23:34 - May 3 by J2BLUE

I hope Labour do well.

They will

As soon as Brexit is finalised Teresa will be done and a new Tory leader installed. They’ll then suddenly become the nice party in the run up to the general election - whether it will be enough remains to be seen

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Council Elections on 23:48 - May 3 with 4692 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Council Elections on 23:37 - May 3 by J2BLUE

There'll be a minutes applause at 00:00 to remember our fallen brother jeera*

*The poster, thankfully he's still living

All hail the CRS

Tractor Down South.. you can have Jeeras place in the ChatRoomSeven. You’ve earnt it. As the elected leader of the CRS, I nominate you TDS.

Login to get fewer ads

Council Elections on 23:51 - May 3 with 4672 viewsJ2BLUE

Council Elections on 23:48 - May 3 by The_Romford_Blue

All hail the CRS

Tractor Down South.. you can have Jeeras place in the ChatRoomSeven. You’ve earnt it. As the elected leader of the CRS, I nominate you TDS.

*ignores the fake news about the leadership*

Are we taking this into the chat room?

Truly impaired.

Council Elections on 23:51 - May 3 with 4671 viewsLord_Lucan

Council Elections on 23:42 - May 3 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

They will

As soon as Brexit is finalised Teresa will be done and a new Tory leader installed. They’ll then suddenly become the nice party in the run up to the general election - whether it will be enough remains to be seen

Tonight means diddly squat. These things usually result in the government getting a thrashing, anything less will be a disaster for Labour.

One thing that no one mentions are The Lib Dems. If there were ever a case for the LD's to surge it would have been the last couple of years but they have done nothing.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Council Elections on 23:55 - May 3 with 4656 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Council Elections on 23:51 - May 3 by J2BLUE

*ignores the fake news about the leadership*

Are we taking this into the chat room?

I’m game. Though we probably need another few people

Council Elections on 23:57 - May 3 with 4649 viewsFootballpete

Council Elections on 23:51 - May 3 by Lord_Lucan

Tonight means diddly squat. These things usually result in the government getting a thrashing, anything less will be a disaster for Labour.

One thing that no one mentions are The Lib Dems. If there were ever a case for the LD's to surge it would have been the last couple of years but they have done nothing.

I'm not sure there's an appetite for the Lib Dems, people talk about a gaping hole for a middle ground party who could Hoover up disenchanted voters with nowhere to go, but the general election results suggested the opposite, with an increased vote share for the two main parties who were further apart than they had been for decades.

Poll: Which Top Gear presenter is the biggest dickhead?

Council Elections on 23:58 - May 3 with 4644 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

The coalition killed the Lib Dems - even though in reality they probably reigned in the Tory government

You’re right though - these elections don’t mean a great deal

Council Elections on 00:00 - May 4 with 4635 viewsLord_Lucan

Council Elections on 23:57 - May 3 by Footballpete

I'm not sure there's an appetite for the Lib Dems, people talk about a gaping hole for a middle ground party who could Hoover up disenchanted voters with nowhere to go, but the general election results suggested the opposite, with an increased vote share for the two main parties who were further apart than they had been for decades.

It's all down to personality politics these days.

If LD's had a leader with the charisma of Farage they would be up there.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Council Elections on 00:00 - May 4 with 4634 viewstractordownsouth

I'm not going to lose sleep whatever the results are because party ideology isn't particularly important in local government, but I love a good BBC Election Night.

Shame there's no Dimbleby though.

Council Elections on 00:01 - May 4 with 4618 viewsFootballpete

Council Elections on 23:58 - May 3 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

The coalition killed the Lib Dems - even though in reality they probably reigned in the Tory government

You’re right though - these elections don’t mean a great deal

If Labour don't do very well, the PLP will go for the jugular with Corbyn, therefore these elections could be very significant.

Poll: Which Top Gear presenter is the biggest dickhead?

Council Elections on 00:05 - May 4 with 4597 viewsLord_Lucan

Council Elections on 00:00 - May 4 by tractordownsouth

I'm not going to lose sleep whatever the results are because party ideology isn't particularly important in local government, but I love a good BBC Election Night.

Shame there's no Dimbleby though.

I've got it on, I love these things. I actually have a semi on during GE coverage.

I did though go to bed in tears after the North East bastards set the tone for Brexit and woke up in despair to see the £ crashing - which it did again yesterday!

Council Elections on 00:05 - May 4 with 4597 viewsJ2BLUE

Did you all vote? I must admit that I didn't.

Truly impaired.

Council Elections on 00:06 - May 4 with 4595 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Council Elections on 00:01 - May 4 by Footballpete

If Labour don't do very well, the PLP will go for the jugular with Corbyn, therefore these elections could be very significant.

Nah, Corbyn has too strong a power base now to be removed

Basically the only people against him are a few MP’s and some traditional supporters a who pale in significance to the wider party membership

Council Elections on 00:09 - May 4 with 4583 viewsJ2BLUE

Hard to believe Labour couldn't find someone more likable than John McDonnell for this coverage.

Truly impaired.

Council Elections on 00:10 - May 4 with 4581 viewsvapour_trail

Council Elections on 00:00 - May 4 by Lord_Lucan

It's all down to personality politics these days.

If LD's had a leader with the charisma of Farage they would be up there.

If they had a clown at the helm they could attract more votes, but not many, that doesn’t speak to liberalism.

I genuinely think the uk has turned its back on liberals more broadly in favour of corbyns labour and an alt right ideology. Theresa may is the most liberal mainstream option out there presently.

Scary, eh.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Council Elections on 00:11 - May 4 with 4569 viewsJ2BLUE

Council Elections on 00:10 - May 4 by vapour_trail

If they had a clown at the helm they could attract more votes, but not many, that doesn’t speak to liberalism.

I genuinely think the uk has turned its back on liberals more broadly in favour of corbyns labour and an alt right ideology. Theresa may is the most liberal mainstream option out there presently.

Scary, eh.

Before this is all over you will kneel before Corbyn or be lined up against the wall.

Truly impaired.

Council Elections on 00:13 - May 4 with 4558 viewsLord_Lucan

Council Elections on 00:01 - May 4 by Footballpete

Corbyn is ringfenced.

He is surrounded by barbed wire and will out-see the next two Conservative leaders - whilst remaining leader of the opposition.

I don't think British politics has ever been so poor. I know Boris get's a rough time on here and to be honest I think he has blown himself up over the past 5 years but you heard this hear first, I predict his brother Jo to fast track to the leadership.

Council Elections on 00:13 - May 4 with 4555 viewsJ2BLUE

Council Elections on 00:05 - May 4 by Lord_Lucan

I've got it on, I love these things. I actually have a semi on during GE coverage.

I did though go to bed in tears after the North East bastards set the tone for Brexit and woke up in despair to see the £ crashing - which it did again yesterday!

My bad.

Truly impaired.

Council Elections on 00:16 - May 4 with 4546 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Council Elections on 00:05 - May 4 by J2BLUE

Did you all vote? I must admit that I didn't.

I didn’t.

I went to and then decided about 5 minutes before leaving for the polling station that I don’t know enough on the councillors etc to feel like voting. None of the parties have really tried to get my vote in the last few weeks and so had I gone and voted Lib Dems as I would’ve done, it would’ve been through loyalty.

And I think people being loyal to a party rather than on their merits is wrong. I’ll vote for whatever party is doing and saying the right things.

So I abstained.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024