Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ross over Hurst for me 13:44 - May 13 with 2112 viewsmaccyd9

If it is a two way shoot out, it has to be Ross.

I knew very little about either prior to the last week or so but having spent time listening to both, Ross blows Hurst away on how he comes across.

Whilst both are risks having never managed at this level, man management and attitude towards fans are hugely important.

I watched and listened to Hurst before, during and after their game against Charlton last week and he was very cagey and showed little if any emotion during long periods of the game. He came across to me as pretty un-inspiring.

I watched the interviews with Ross about tactics that have done the rounds and listened to him when he was a pundit on BT for the Scottish play off game. This guy is a leader and someone who I could imagine just draws you in when he talks.

He talked a lot of sense, is clearly very intelligent and his comment about accepting that sometime the fans will be right was really refreshing.

Both obviously have potential but Ross came across as the one that really could follow up the great work Klug and others have done and reunite the club and the fans.
[Post edited 13 May 2018 13:44]
Ross over Hurst for me on 13:49 - May 13 with 2086 viewsHerbivore

I'm not sure that how they come across on telly should be the main criterion, otherwise we may as well appoint Ant and Dec.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Ross over Hurst for me on 13:51 - May 13 with 2074 viewsstrikalite

Agree, also with Shrewsbury a goal up going into today's game for a Wembley final place I'd sooner we make the decision this week, I know what this Club is like, we'll wait and wait and Ross will have another offer and Hurst will decide to stay after winning the play-offs, it'd be sod's law and I'm with you on Ross anyway so just make the move so he can get on with things..
Ross over Hurst for me on 13:56 - May 13 with 2048 viewsmaccyd9

Ross over Hurst for me on 13:49 - May 13 by Herbivore

I'm not sure that how they come across on telly should be the main criterion, otherwise we may as well appoint Ant and Dec.

Given their records are largely irrelevant it's one of the few ways that fans can actually make some sort of decision on who they may want.

Plus how someone comes across on Telly is often how fans will ever see their manager or perspective manager, so don't agree.

Also I clearly never said it was the main criteria, I'm largely accepting of the fact that given they are clearly in the frame the other stuff has been covered off by ME and co.
Ross over Hurst for me on 14:20 - May 13 with 1988 viewsHerbivore

Ross over Hurst for me on 13:56 - May 13 by maccyd9

Given their records are largely irrelevant it's one of the few ways that fans can actually make some sort of decision on who they may want.

Plus how someone comes across on Telly is often how fans will ever see their manager or perspective manager, so don't agree.

Also I clearly never said it was the main criteria, I'm largely accepting of the fact that given they are clearly in the frame the other stuff has been covered off by ME and co.

Their records are largely irrelevant?

Ross over Hurst for me on 14:55 - May 13 with 1915 viewsmaccyd9

Ross over Hurst for me on 14:20 - May 13 by Herbivore

Their records are largely irrelevant?

In comparison to each other. Neither would get the job solely on their records, lower league promotions and certainly anything in the lower Scottish leagues would i'd imagine hold little bearing on them getting the job.

I'd imagine their age and reputations as young and up and coming managers will be far more important than promotions in totally different scenarios.
Ross over Hurst for me on 15:13 - May 13 with 1863 viewsHerbivore

Ross over Hurst for me on 14:55 - May 13 by maccyd9

In comparison to each other. Neither would get the job solely on their records, lower league promotions and certainly anything in the lower Scottish leagues would i'd imagine hold little bearing on them getting the job.

I'd imagine their age and reputations as young and up and coming managers will be far more important than promotions in totally different scenarios.

Really don't agree with that at all. Hurst is operating just one league below us and is doing exactly what we need a manager to do in many ways, getting a side to overachieve relative to their budget and getting the best out of players picked up from the lower leagues. Of course that record is relevant.

Ross over Hurst for me on 15:35 - May 13 with 1789 viewsBluedandy

Ross over Hurst for me on 13:49 - May 13 by Herbivore

Not sure Ant & Dec have ever come across well on the subject of football unless you've inferred something from their analysis of Pudsey.

Bobby Robson came over very well on the telly but probably would not have made a great presenter of Britain's Got Talent.
Ross over Hurst for me on 15:44 - May 13 with 1751 viewsWestover

I hope it will be one of those two and not someone well known who has experience but failed more than once.😋
Login to get fewer ads

Ross over Hurst for me on 15:48 - May 13 with 1735 viewsBluegene

Hurst every time for me.

His track record in english football is exactly what ME should be looking at.

Any relative success in scottish football isn't comparable to Hurst's achievements
Ross over Hurst for me on 16:22 - May 13 with 1634 viewsCurrie10

Hurst all day long. NO comparison.

Jack Ross had a decent record at Alloa. He's done a good job at St Mirren, however the Scottish championship has sorted itself out nicely interms of some of the mess jobs back in the SPL. Rangers / Hibs / Hearts. Look at the bottom two, absolutely awful. There's not much in this league.

Look at Hurst's record as a manager. Lowest win %%% anywhere being 44.7% which is utterly outstanding. Shrewsbury tipped for relegation this term, he's got them competing with Wigan + Blackburn all season. 48.4% win in his entire time there is absolutely outstanding. Done 5 jobs, 2 solely and each one the %%%% is absolutely insane.

Now not for one second am I saying I'd be upset if we were to get Ross. I think he's done a very good job - however worried he may be the next Derek McInnes who was absolutely clueless at Bristol City.

Further, Hurst's record to date is out of this world. He's the standout candidate of the lower leagues that I'd want, followed by Darryl Clark of Bristol Rovers.

Anyway, so long as it's not Sherwood or Pardew!?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024