Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The one good thing about Lamps not being manager 10:24 - May 23 with 1636 viewsFrimleyBlue

We won't have 'Arry' anywhere near this club

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

The one good thing about Lamps not being manager on 10:26 - May 23 with 1629 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I would place good money on the fact that Lampard will not have 'Arry in his set up, wherever he ends up going.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

The one good thing about Lamps not being manager on 10:28 - May 23 with 1614 viewsGeoffSentence

The one good thing about Lamps not being manager on 10:26 - May 23 by Marshalls_Mullet

I would place good money on the fact that Lampard will not have 'Arry in his set up, wherever he ends up going.

Why? It is likely that at the very least he will be i. Frank's ear with advice.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

The one good thing about Lamps not being manager on 10:29 - May 23 with 1613 viewshype313

Think you find that one of Evans's closest confidants is Arry.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

The one good thing about Lamps not being manager on 10:39 - May 23 with 1598 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

The one good thing about Lamps not being manager on 10:28 - May 23 by GeoffSentence

I wouldnt say that counts as being in his set up.

Do you really think Frank would do everything his uncle tells him? Frank is bright enough to have his own ideas and make his own decisions.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

The one good thing about Lamps not being manager on 10:44 - May 23 with 1588 viewsKieran_Knows

The one good thing about Lamps not being manager on 10:28 - May 23 by GeoffSentence

Doesn't Harry still want to be a manager himself?

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

The one good thing about Lamps not being manager on 11:02 - May 23 with 1575 viewsFrimleyBlue

The one good thing about Lamps not being manager on 10:29 - May 23 by hype313

Being a friend doesn't mean he's involved in the football.

Waka waka eh eh

The one good thing about Lamps not being manager on 11:04 - May 23 with 1567 viewsblueislander

The one good thing about Lamps not being manager on 11:02 - May 23 by FrimleyBlue

Being a friend doesn't mean he's involved in the football.

It is well known that he was consulted on previous managerial appointments.
The one good thing about Lamps not being manager on 11:06 - May 23 with 1557 viewsFrimleyBlue

The one good thing about Lamps not being manager on 11:04 - May 23 by blueislander

It is well known that he was consulted on previous managerial appointments.

I wasn't talking about managerial appointments

Waka waka eh eh

Login to get fewer ads

The one good thing about Lamps not being manager on 11:12 - May 23 with 1549 viewsSteve_M

The one good thing about Lamps not being manager on 10:29 - May 23 by hype313

Not any longer I believe. I suspect Evans eventually saw through Harry's smarmy 'charm'.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

The one good thing about Lamps not being manager on 11:23 - May 23 with 1534 viewsblueislander

The one good thing about Lamps not being manager on 11:06 - May 23 by FrimleyBlue

I wasn't talking about managerial appointments

What were you talking about? Redknapp is (or was ) his friend. If that is true what do you think their relationship was based on? Did they play bridge together or was it a shared interest in philately?
The one good thing about Lamps not being manager on 11:30 - May 23 with 1527 viewsFrimleyBlue

The one good thing about Lamps not being manager on 11:23 - May 23 by blueislander

What were you talking about? Redknapp is (or was ) his friend. If that is true what do you think their relationship was based on? Did they play bridge together or was it a shared interest in philately?

I was talking about Harry not being involved in the club itself in a football capacity

Waka waka eh eh

The one good thing about Lamps not being manager on 11:31 - May 23 with 1527 viewsNo9

The one good thing about Lamps not being manager on 10:26 - May 23 by Marshalls_Mullet

It would be nice, if as reported he turned the job down, that we found out the reason why?
The one good thing about Lamps not being manager on 11:33 - May 23 with 1522 viewshype313

The one good thing about Lamps not being manager on 11:31 - May 23 by No9

It would be nice, if as reported he turned the job down, that we found out the reason why?

Didn't Phil say in the story it broke down having discussed personal terms?

The one good thing about Lamps not being manager on 11:34 - May 23 with 1517 viewsReuser_is_God

The one good thing about Lamps not being manager on 11:12 - May 23 by Steve_M

Not any longer I believe. I suspect Evans eventually saw through Harry's smarmy 'charm'.

I’d imagine it was the recommendation of Jewell is what done it.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

The one good thing about Lamps not being manager on 11:35 - May 23 with 1515 viewsblueislander

The one good thing about Lamps not being manager on 11:30 - May 23 by FrimleyBlue

I was talking about Harry not being involved in the club itself in a football capacity

No one suggested that he was involved in the club per se., but it was widely reported that Evans consulted him on managerial appointments. Who knows whether Evans still considers his advice on the appointment of the new manager to be valuable.
The one good thing about Lamps not being manager on 11:39 - May 23 with 1511 viewsFrimleyBlue

The one good thing about Lamps not being manager on 11:35 - May 23 by blueislander

No one suggested that he was involved in the club per se., but it was widely reported that Evans consulted him on managerial appointments. Who knows whether Evans still considers his advice on the appointment of the new manager to be valuable.

Not sure what your point is or if it needs a response or if we're both having a random discussion that doesn't actually go with any of our posts?

I know he was asked about managerial appointments. He very well could be again

My OP was that at least not having lamps here would mean we certainly wouldn't get harry involved in a football capacity as I can very well see him being a director of football alongside Lamps.

Waka waka eh eh

The one good thing about Lamps not being manager on 11:41 - May 23 with 1501 viewshype313

The one good thing about Lamps not being manager on 11:39 - May 23 by FrimleyBlue

Not sure what your point is or if it needs a response or if we're both having a random discussion that doesn't actually go with any of our posts?

My OP was that at least not having lamps here would mean we certainly wouldn't get harry involved in a football capacity as I can very well see him being a director of football alongside Lamps.

What myself and everyone else is saying is that Harry has been involved with us in some capacity regardless of whether Lamps has been interviewed or not. By not employing Frank, doesn't detract from the fact that Harry has had input here.

The one good thing about Lamps not being manager on 11:45 - May 23 with 1490 viewsblueislander

The one good thing about Lamps not being manager on 11:39 - May 23 by FrimleyBlue

Indeed we were possibly at cross-purposes. IF Lampard had have been appointed there would have been a risk of Redknapp joining the club in some official capacity, a thought at which I shudder. I would not have minded Lampard being appointed as long as his uncle was not directly involved, and I would have hoped that he would have been strong-minded not to do so.
The one good thing about Lamps not being manager on 11:46 - May 23 with 1490 viewsStenvict

The one good thing about Lamps not being manager on 11:41 - May 23 by hype313

What myself and everyone else is saying is that Harry has been involved with us in some capacity regardless of whether Lamps has been interviewed or not. By not employing Frank, doesn't detract from the fact that Harry has had input here.

Surely not on a day-to-day basis which is what the OP is referring to?
[Post edited 23 May 2018 11:46]

Poll: What will be announced first?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024