Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
ME furious with Man City and academy structure in place regarding Knight. 11:52 - Jun 29 with 3023 viewsPauls_Cr0wn_Jewells

Nothing the club could have done to prevent the deal coming through, strong words from ME once the deal goes through.
[Post edited 29 Jun 2018 11:55]

Poll: Offer Bishop a new contract now?

ME furious with Man City and academy structure in place.regarding Knight. on 11:54 - Jun 29 with 2972 viewschicoazul

Yeah I really hope we don't do something similar by, for instance, poaching the young Manager of a smaller team down the leagues.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

ME furious with Man City and academy structure in place.regarding Knight. on 11:57 - Jun 29 with 2921 viewsPauls_Cr0wn_Jewells

ME furious with Man City and academy structure in place.regarding Knight. on 11:54 - Jun 29 by chicoazul

Yeah I really hope we don't do something similar by, for instance, poaching the young Manager of a smaller team down the leagues.

Bit different in regards to a 15 year old coming through? with potential to play first team football eventually.

Obviously there is going to be better facilities at the top end clubs, but to be poached and pay 1 million just to make sure you have a pool of the best young players in england even before they've signed a scholarship is outrageous...

Poll: Offer Bishop a new contract now?

ME furious with Man City and academy structure in place.regarding Knight. on 12:00 - Jun 29 with 2888 viewschicoazul

ME furious with Man City and academy structure in place.regarding Knight. on 11:57 - Jun 29 by Pauls_Cr0wn_Jewells

Bit different in regards to a 15 year old coming through? with potential to play first team football eventually.

Obviously there is going to be better facilities at the top end clubs, but to be poached and pay 1 million just to make sure you have a pool of the best young players in england even before they've signed a scholarship is outrageous...

It's just business. Knight doesnt have to go same as Hurst didnt, nobody held a gun to his head, well let's hope not anyway. We have poached plenty of good young players over the years from other clubs. Football cannot be de-risked in that regard. If Evans does indeed come out and bang the drum on this he and we will be seen as hypocrites.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

ME furious with Man City and academy structure in place.regarding Knight. on 12:31 - Jun 29 with 2678 viewsSimonds92

ME furious with Man City and academy structure in place.regarding Knight. on 11:54 - Jun 29 by chicoazul

At what point did Shrewsbury spend the best part of a decade coaching and improving Hurst? He was on a rolling contract which they could have got rid of him on if they weren't as successful. By all accounts itfc have spent a long time trying to so their best for this kid.
Its really gutting but not much we can do. I would hope we would somehow negotiate significant bonuses when he plays for England etc.
ME furious with Man City and academy structure in place regarding Knight. on 12:38 - Jun 29 with 2596 viewsBlueRaider

This is sickening to be honest, the way that Man City and Chelsea in particular just hoover up players and loan loads of them out.

Blog: Yellow Cards and Why They Bug Me

ME furious with Man City and academy structure in place.regarding Knight. on 12:53 - Jun 29 with 2473 viewschicoazul

Lot of people rustled by this. Truth hurts boyos.

ME furious with Man City and academy structure in place.regarding Knight. on 12:55 - Jun 29 with 2461 viewsitfcjoe

ME furious with Man City and academy structure in place.regarding Knight. on 12:31 - Jun 29 by Simonds92

At what point did Shrewsbury spend the best part of a decade coaching and improving Hurst? He was on a rolling contract which they could have got rid of him on if they weren't as successful. By all accounts itfc have spent a long time trying to so their best for this kid.
Its really gutting but not much we can do. I would hope we would somehow negotiate significant bonuses when he plays for England etc.

Youth development isn’t a public service- ITFC don’t do it to help the community, they do it because it either saves them money by producing first teamers or makes them money by selling players.

If Knight didn’t keep improving we wouldn’t have developed him for10 years, we’d have binned him off without a care.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

ME furious with Man City and academy structure in place.regarding Knight. on 12:55 - Jun 29 with 2450 viewssolemio

ME furious with Man City and academy structure in place.regarding Knight. on 12:53 - Jun 29 by chicoazul

Young man, merely asserting that the nonsense you write is the truth doesn't make it so.
(Brian Clough voice is optional.)
Login to get fewer ads

ME furious with Man City and academy structure in place regarding Knight. on 13:19 - Jun 29 with 2277 viewsGarv

Can't easily blame the player but you'd think you could stop big clubs from hoarding youngsters. How many players are on theirs and Chelsea's books?

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

ME furious with Man City and academy structure in place.regarding Knight. on 14:01 - Jun 29 with 2045 viewsIllinoisblue

ME furious with Man City and academy structure in place.regarding Knight. on 12:53 - Jun 29 by chicoazul

nope. your analogy makes no sense

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

ME furious with Man City and academy structure in place.regarding Knight. on 14:05 - Jun 29 with 2015 viewschicoazul

ME furious with Man City and academy structure in place.regarding Knight. on 14:01 - Jun 29 by Illinoisblue

nope. your analogy makes no sense

We poached a member of staff from a lower league team who had had time and money invested in them by their previous employer, just like we have done many times before. What's the difference?

ME furious with Man City and academy structure in place.regarding Knight. on 17:46 - Jun 29 with 1651 viewsNo9

ME furious with Man City and academy structure in place.regarding Knight. on 14:05 - Jun 29 by chicoazul

We poached a member of staff from a lower league team who had had time and money invested in them by their previous employer, just like we have done many times before. What's the difference?

Lesson one for employees - employers have no loyalty
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024