Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chambers and Skuse 11:25 - Jul 17 with 1716 viewsFrimleyBlue

Now, I like both the lads

but, can you realistically see them being able to play the way Hurst wants.

Not talking about on the ball, but even the fitness levels required to play the high pressured off the ball roles that Hurst wants from his team.

Both players in my opinion are relatively slow, I just don't see either of them having the legs to be able to put in that much effort needed.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Chambers and Skuse on 11:28 - Jul 17 with 1687 viewsBlueBadger

Chambers is better on the ball than he's given credit for. He's no Baresi(or even a Webster) but there's a reason he got a few assists when he was playing at full back.
In either case, both of them have been playing for a manager who likes off-the-ball pressing football for the last 5 or so years.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Chambers and Skuse on 11:29 - Jul 17 with 1690 viewsTractorJack

Yes. You don't really press from CB and when we did press high last season Skuse was probably the best at it.
Chambers and Skuse on 11:41 - Jul 17 with 1615 viewschristiand

Without a doubt. If the club sign Tilt, he'd be the perfect foil for Chambers with his pace and willingness to bring the ball out from the back. Let Chambers attack the high ball with the striker and thrive on the physical challenge, Tilt can sweep up behind. If PH plays two defensively minded CM, Skuse would be the ideal candidate alongside someone like Flynn Downes or the Chelsea lad Trevoh Chalobah to help and advise them with their footballing education. Once again, it would be an ideal balance in front of the back four - experience mixed with youth.

Both Chambers and Skuse come in for some criticism at times on here, but they can both still do an important job for the club this season and both are reliable performers at this level, which every club needs.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2018 11:46]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Chambers and Skuse on 11:50 - Jul 17 with 1558 viewsCurrie10

Skuse is VERY capable of hitting 20 / 30 yard passes if he has runners.

Seen him do it at Bristol City over time.

Chambers - maybe not.
Chambers and Skuse on 11:59 - Jul 17 with 1518 viewstextbackup

I don’t think Chambers is an issue at all really, I’m almost 100% sure he wasn’t completely happy playing the way MM wanted, so he’ll welcome the change

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Chambers and Skuse on 12:57 - Jul 17 with 1328 viewsGarv

Yes.

Chambers has played virtually every minute of every game of every season for about 4 years. He's not a striker or a winger that needs to run all day.

Skuse is often used to press late on in games, time will tell but I think they'll be fine. They'll have to improve, but it seemed so does everyone.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Chambers and Skuse on 13:48 - Jul 17 with 1112 viewsitfcjoe

Yes, the only issue they will have is that they have been drilled for so long to play a different style that changing will take time.

But fitness wise, they are 2 of the players I have the least worries about.

Plus, with regards to Chambers, he is literally our only CB who has played in the Championship before

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024