Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If I have one problem with the team 17:11 - Jul 28 with 5174 viewscobbler

It has to Sears he seemed the only player for a Town I wasn’t impressed with I just don’t get him anymore maybe a place on the bench at best but he doesn’t really bring much to the table anymore I’m sure Hurst is seeing this and hopefully get it sorted before kick off.
If I have one problem with the team on 17:12 - Jul 28 with 4184 viewswkj

Sears seems nailed on for boo-boy of the season then?

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

If I have one problem with the team on 17:17 - Jul 28 with 4139 viewscobbler

If I have one problem with the team on 17:12 - Jul 28 by wkj

Not if isn’t playing which I’m sure he won’t be as he is in affective.
If I have one problem with the team on 18:54 - Jul 28 with 3982 viewsBlueBadger

Not whilst we have Chambers, Skuse and Knudsen...

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

If I have one problem with the team on 19:04 - Jul 28 with 3944 viewsNthsuffolkblue

If I have one problem with the team on 18:54 - Jul 28 by BlueBadger

Not whilst we have Chambers, Skuse and Knudsen...

Someone had to replace Hyam.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

If I have one problem with the team on 19:11 - Jul 28 with 3917 viewsslump

It's true that he gets some unnecessary criticism but today I agree that out of the 10 outfield players today he was, in context,disappointing.

Perhaps that's because there were so many positives.

UTT

If I have one problem with the team on 19:34 - Jul 28 with 3875 viewsfloridaboy

If I have one problem with the team on 19:11 - Jul 28 by slump

It's true that he gets some unnecessary criticism but today I agree that out of the 10 outfield players today he was, in context,disappointing.

Perhaps that's because there were so many positives.

Think Hurst is still trying to change him mentally after the last few seasons under the previous manager
If I have one problem with the team on 20:11 - Jul 28 with 3813 viewseddiespearitt03

Have to agree that the team now needs more threat......Time to move forward and perhaps Sears and Skuse may be ok to come off the bench in games we need to defend a winning position.
If I have one problem with the team on 20:13 - Jul 28 with 3801 viewsBlueBadger

If I have one problem with the team on 19:34 - Jul 28 by floridaboy

Think Hurst is still trying to change him mentally after the last few seasons under the previous manager

He'll have a job trying to change him from being a League one standard player, I fear.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Login to get fewer ads

If I have one problem with the team on 20:20 - Jul 28 with 3768 viewspoppiesman

We scored our goal today because Sears chased back and won the ball back. Its not just about attacking threats. Sears worked bloody hard for the team today.
[Post edited 28 Jul 2018 20:21]
If I have one problem with the team on 20:24 - Jul 28 with 3753 viewsfergalsharkey

I never went but as i have said a thousand times he is crap.l

Poll: Cook out?

If I have one problem with the team on 20:59 - Jul 28 with 3650 viewsTractorgirlforever

If I have one problem with the team on 20:20 - Jul 28 by poppiesman

We scored our goal today because Sears chased back and won the ball back. Its not just about attacking threats. Sears worked bloody hard for the team today.
[Post edited 28 Jul 2018 20:21]

Sears is always a hard working player and you need that in any team..hes a must start for me
If I have one problem with the team on 21:12 - Jul 28 with 3610 viewsNthsuffolkblue

If I have one problem with the team on 20:13 - Jul 28 by BlueBadger

He'll have a job trying to change him from being a League one standard player, I fear.

Amazing that MM managed to for the first half a season he was here then isn't it?

If I have one problem with the team on 21:27 - Jul 28 with 3557 viewscobbler

If I have one problem with the team on 20:59 - Jul 28 by Tractorgirlforever

Sears is always a hard working player and you need that in any team..hes a must start for me

If we have to rely on him then we will be in trouble.
If I have one problem with the team on 21:34 - Jul 28 with 3524 viewsNthsuffolkblue

If I have one problem with the team on 21:27 - Jul 28 by cobbler

If we have to rely on him then we will be in trouble.

The same way we have been "in trouble" in each of the past 2 and a half seasons where he has hardly missed a game playing (for most of the past two) out of position?

If I have one problem with the team on 21:50 - Jul 28 with 3474 viewscobbler

If I have one problem with the team on 21:34 - Jul 28 by Nthsuffolkblue

The same way we have been "in trouble" in each of the past 2 and a half seasons where he has hardly missed a game playing (for most of the past two) out of position?

Even when he played down the centre he was awful and that was against lower league teams,I’m sorry to disagree with you but that’s how I see it.
If I have one problem with the team on 21:59 - Jul 28 with 3443 viewsjeera

I'm sure Hurst is aware of the limitations of his squad.

He will be looking at each and every one, how they perform, how they react to criticism from him and any requests he makes when it comes to them adjusting their game.

There's much more that just Sears to concern yourself about if you want to be picky so dunno why you've singled him out especially at this stage.

You have made negative after negative posts here since you've joined. You sure you're not on a wind-up?
[Post edited 28 Jul 2018 22:03]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

If I have one problem with the team on 22:08 - Jul 28 with 3397 viewscobbler

If I have one problem with the team on 21:59 - Jul 28 by jeera

I'm sure Hurst is aware of the limitations of his squad.

He will be looking at each and every one, how they perform, how they react to criticism from him and any requests he makes when it comes to them adjusting their game.

There's much more that just Sears to concern yourself about if you want to be picky so dunno why you've singled him out especially at this stage.

You have made negative after negative posts here since you've joined. You sure you're not on a wind-up?
[Post edited 28 Jul 2018 22:03]

You young man have me all wrong I’m a season ticket holder for the last 17 years if YOU look for negativity I’m sure you will find it but I’m afraid your off target with me sonny.
I am going to treat your comment with a pinch of salt and suggest you get yourself down to PR and get behind the team rather than trying to dig fans that actually support the team.
If I have one problem with the team on 22:10 - Jul 28 with 3385 viewsjeera

If I have one problem with the team on 22:08 - Jul 28 by cobbler

You young man have me all wrong I’m a season ticket holder for the last 17 years if YOU look for negativity I’m sure you will find it but I’m afraid your off target with me sonny.
I am going to treat your comment with a pinch of salt and suggest you get yourself down to PR and get behind the team rather than trying to dig fans that actually support the team.

'Young man'.

'Sonny'

Wind your neck old chap. I had the Town all over my bedroom wall in 1975.

If I have one problem with the team on 22:18 - Jul 28 with 3345 viewsjeera

If I have one problem with the team on 20:24 - Jul 28 by fergalsharkey

Yeah, but you also said you'd ridden a moped to Middlesborough or somewhere.

If I have one problem with the team on 22:25 - Jul 28 with 3318 viewsericclacton

If I have one problem with the team on 20:24 - Jul 28 by fergalsharkey

If I have one problem with the team on 22:51 - Jul 28 with 3241 viewsNthsuffolkblue

If I have one problem with the team on 21:50 - Jul 28 by cobbler

Even when he played down the centre he was awful and that was against lower league teams,I’m sorry to disagree with you but that’s how I see it.

It might be how you see it. I am glad you are sorry. The facts, MM and Hurst al disagree with you.

My only concern is that your (and anyone with similar views) negativity will affect support for the team. Why is it there always has to be at least one player that will form the focus of negative comments and abuse from some fans?

Clearly Sears was a good Championship player when he scored 9 goals in 21 matches when he first joined. Clearly he performed a role the manager was happy with when he played well over 100 Championship matches over the past 3 seasons.

If I have one problem with the team on 22:58 - Jul 28 with 3213 viewsfarkenhell

If I have one problem with the team on 22:08 - Jul 28 by cobbler

Blimey - for a moment I thought Brian Clough had been reincarnated!
If I have one problem with the team on 23:33 - Jul 28 with 3135 viewscobbler

If I have one problem with the team on 22:51 - Jul 28 by Nthsuffolkblue

It might be how you see it. I am glad you are sorry. The facts, MM and Hurst al disagree with you.

My only concern is that your (and anyone with similar views) negativity will affect support for the team. Why is it there always has to be at least one player that will form the focus of negative comments and abuse from some fans?

Clearly Sears was a good Championship player when he scored 9 goals in 21 matches when he first joined. Clearly he performed a role the manager was happy with when he played well over 100 Championship matches over the past 3 seasons.

Oh dear 22 goals in 3 years for a striker/ winger is a poor return in my eyes 115 games plus played I won’t boo him I just think he isn’t good enough and I’m not sorry for saying it no good papering over cracks the team will progress this season and Sears might even be moved on.
[Post edited 28 Jul 2018 23:36]
If I have one problem with the team on 23:55 - Jul 28 with 3097 viewsjeera

If I have one problem with the team on 23:33 - Jul 28 by cobbler

Oh dear 22 goals in 3 years for a striker/ winger is a poor return in my eyes 115 games plus played I won’t boo him I just think he isn’t good enough and I’m not sorry for saying it no good papering over cracks the team will progress this season and Sears might even be moved on.
[Post edited 28 Jul 2018 23:36]

Why did you down-vote my post that I was following Town from a young age?

That's strange thing to disagree with.

I didn't want to bring this up, but you brought this on yourself:

If I have one problem with the team on 01:30 - Jul 29 with 2972 viewsBlueBadger

If I have one problem with the team on 21:12 - Jul 28 by Nthsuffolkblue

Amazing that MM managed to for the first half a season he was here then isn't it?

People often forget that Sears came to us in the the form of his career. He's never repeated it before or since. I LIKE Sears, his work rate and professionalism are excellent, sadly though, he's ultimately not quite good enough to play at Championship level. He's basically Lee Trundle with pace.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024