Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How random was substituting Jackson at HT? He ran his nuts off 12:37 - Oct 3 with 1530 viewsMaySixth

baffling, totally baffling

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

How random was substituting Jackson at HT? He ran his nuts off on 12:40 - Oct 3 with 1518 viewsBlueySwede

So did Sears, tbf. I guess Hurst just wanted to shake things up a bit without changing formation.
How random was substituting Jackson at HT? He ran his nuts off on 12:45 - Oct 3 with 1491 viewsMaySixth

How random was substituting Jackson at HT? He ran his nuts off on 12:40 - Oct 3 by BlueySwede

So did Sears, tbf. I guess Hurst just wanted to shake things up a bit without changing formation.

I fear that will set Jackson back a long way.

He has improved lately and did nothing wrong v Boro.

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

How random was substituting Jackson at HT? He ran his nuts off on 12:47 - Oct 3 with 1476 viewsclive_baker

I wasn't there yesterday, got stuck at work late annoyingly but at 2-0 I would've expected him to keep Jackson on along with Sears. Seemed a strange straight swap unless there was an injury.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

How random was substituting Jackson at HT? He ran his nuts off on 12:49 - Oct 3 with 1458 viewsTractorCam

How random was substituting Jackson at HT? He ran his nuts off on 12:40 - Oct 3 by BlueySwede

The formation was the problem

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

How random was substituting Jackson at HT? He ran his nuts off on 12:49 - Oct 3 with 1456 viewsMonkey

He did run his nuts off but he also couldn't retain the ball at all.

Poll: Which division do you honestly think Ipswich will be in next season?

How random was substituting Jackson at HT? He ran his nuts off on 12:51 - Oct 3 with 1431 viewsfooters

How random was substituting Jackson at HT? He ran his nuts off on 12:47 - Oct 3 by clive_baker

I wasn't there yesterday, got stuck at work late annoyingly but at 2-0 I would've expected him to keep Jackson on along with Sears. Seemed a strange straight swap unless there was an injury.

Same, same- was out so missed the game.

Was there at least some semblance of a Hurst side? Formation kept the same, identifiable pattern of play, etc?

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

How random was substituting Jackson at HT? He ran his nuts off on 12:53 - Oct 3 with 1415 viewsFtnfwest

having brought edwards and sears on, the one positive was that we started to put in a few crosses the type of which jackson has already shown he can thrive on.......but he wasn't there...
How random was substituting Jackson at HT? He ran his nuts off on 12:54 - Oct 3 with 1407 viewsBecclesITFC

I agree. Sears played quite well, however, PH needs to pick a team and stick to it for a few weeks. Every week looks sooo disjointed because he keeps changing.

Pick a team stay and stay with it is the only way you can see what's working.
Login to get fewer ads

How random was substituting Jackson at HT? He ran his nuts off on 12:56 - Oct 3 with 1392 viewsSteve_M

I would have thought giving him support a better option but Hurst is probably conscious he'll have a lot of work to do now so not playing him for three whole matches in a week is probably sensible.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

How random was substituting Jackson at HT? He ran his nuts off on 12:57 - Oct 3 with 1359 viewsHalifaxBlue

Pretty sure he was subbed off BECAUSE he ran his nuts off. PH says he thought he looked knackered and that is completely understandable considering he played 90 mins as a lone striker 3 days agao.

Poll: Hurst or Ross, discounting any other candidates?

How random was substituting Jackson at HT? He ran his nuts off on 13:12 - Oct 3 with 1263 viewsHennikerBlu

How random was substituting Jackson at HT? He ran his nuts off on 12:45 - Oct 3 by MaySixth

I fear that will set Jackson back a long way.

He has improved lately and did nothing wrong v Boro.

I agree, I actually thought he was going two up front, Sears is never going to get a headed goal (or pretty rare from a cross or corner) whilst Jackson can and with Chalobah's crossing who knows.
How random was substituting Jackson at HT? He ran his nuts off on 13:47 - Oct 3 with 1149 viewshoppy

How random was substituting Jackson at HT? He ran his nuts off on 12:49 - Oct 3 by TractorCam

The formation was the problem

Indeed. If he’d brought Seats on alongside Jackson, they’d have possibly caused Boro a headache with all their running. I thought Sears did alright as it happens, but might’ve been more productive had it not been a straight swap.

The other half time substitution begged the question why Edwards hadn’t started... the second time that’s happened where he’s come on at half time and we’ve looked a lot better.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

How random was substituting Jackson at HT? He ran his nuts off on 14:05 - Oct 3 with 1092 viewsBasuco

How random was substituting Jackson at HT? He ran his nuts off on 12:53 - Oct 3 by Ftnfwest

having brought edwards and sears on, the one positive was that we started to put in a few crosses the type of which jackson has already shown he can thrive on.......but he wasn't there...

I thought the same, one brilliant cross near the end from Donacien on the ground between defence and keeper was completely ignored, much to the annoyance of Janoi.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024