Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Frustrating again or relieved we no longer get turned over? 17:03 - Nov 10 with 1219 viewsMullet

Think there's an easy split in perspective here isn't there? Saw so many little things that had Lambert's fingerprints all over them today. But ultimately we crumpled and let a lead slip after a 1st half where we should have had a bigger lead in my opinion.

Hard to see how much this helps us right now, but his first two games have arguably stopped us being dead and buried with no hope at all. I guess with all the teams so tight above us, if and when those wins do come it'll mean we rise quite rapidly.

Had Reading got away from us today I think the task becomes that little bit too steep psychologically. It suddenly makes every game at home absolutely massive. There will be where the season stands or falls.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Frustrating again or relieved we no longer get turned over? on 17:05 - Nov 10 with 1182 viewsgroovyASH

Frustrating, because if we are wanting to stay up realistically we need to have been winning this type of game, as we needed to against Preston. I just don't see the win ratio from now onwards improving enough for us to do it; we'll have to have a blistering second half to the season, top 6 like form.

Poll: Will you renew your season ticket when Evans does the annual end of season beg?

Frustrating again or relieved we no longer get turned over? on 17:06 - Nov 10 with 1183 viewspointofblue

Until the QPR game did we really feel dead and buried under Hurst? Ignore Leeds as that was always going to be tough. Yes, performances have seen incremental improvements but the results haven’t, really. Drawing games for us is nothing new this season.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Frustrating again or relieved we no longer get turned over? on 17:07 - Nov 10 with 1150 viewsdavblue

Frustrating again or relieved we no longer get turned over? on 17:05 - Nov 10 by groovyASH

Frustrating, because if we are wanting to stay up realistically we need to have been winning this type of game, as we needed to against Preston. I just don't see the win ratio from now onwards improving enough for us to do it; we'll have to have a blistering second half to the season, top 6 like form.

Not getting beat by ough.them is the key, we have to beat them at home though.
Frustrating again or relieved we no longer get turned over? on 17:08 - Nov 10 with 1144 viewstractorboy1978

The depressing thing for me is that before January I'm not sure we can be any better than we have been in the first two games and we've not won either of them against teams down there with us.
[Post edited 10 Nov 2018 17:08]
Frustrating again or relieved we no longer get turned over? on 17:09 - Nov 10 with 1127 viewsgroovyASH

Frustrating again or relieved we no longer get turned over? on 17:07 - Nov 10 by davblue

Not getting beat by ough.them is the key, we have to beat them at home though.

We've won at home once all year! We're not in a position where the odd point from draws is going to do anything for us in terms on avoiding relegation.

Poll: Will you renew your season ticket when Evans does the annual end of season beg?

Frustrating again or relieved we no longer get turned over? on 17:11 - Nov 10 with 1092 viewsReuser_is_God

A bit of both to be honest.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Frustrating again or relieved we no longer get turned over? on 17:11 - Nov 10 with 1088 viewsdavblue

Frustrating again or relieved we no longer get turned over? on 17:09 - Nov 10 by groovyASH

We've won at home once all year! We're not in a position where the odd point from draws is going to do anything for us in terms on avoiding relegation.

No im saying that what we will need to do not what our form is.

Today a point isn't a bad result, one more point to tick off and Reading didn't go 8 clear of us.
Frustrating again or relieved we no longer get turned over? on 17:13 - Nov 10 with 1059 viewsdepressed

Frustrating again or relieved we no longer get turned over? on 17:09 - Nov 10 by groovyASH

With the players we have, that's as good as it gets.
New additions in January are much needed.

Kickit

Login to get fewer ads

Frustrating again or relieved we no longer get turned over? on 17:13 - Nov 10 with 1047 viewsgroovyASH

Frustrating again or relieved we no longer get turned over? on 17:11 - Nov 10 by davblue

Today a point isn't a bad result, one more point to tick off and Reading didn't go 8 clear of us.

I honestly think we will be looking back and will rue these last two results. I do not see enough that we are going to get out of this. I like PL and he has made a good difference, but the tools he has are simply not good enough

Frustrating again or relieved we no longer get turned over? on 17:13 - Nov 10 with 1045 viewspointofblue

Frustrating again or relieved we no longer get turned over? on 17:13 - Nov 10 by depressed

With the players we have, that's as good as it gets.
New additions in January are much needed.

As long as we’re not completely marooned come the new year.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Frustrating again or relieved we no longer get turned over? on 17:15 - Nov 10 with 1020 viewsjas0999

The last two games were encouraging, but the results very frustrating. Win those two and we’d be a point from safety. The gap remains five.
Frustrating again or relieved we no longer get turned over? on 17:17 - Nov 10 with 993 viewstractorboy1978

Frustrating again or relieved we no longer get turned over? on 17:11 - Nov 10 by davblue

It's not a good result either though.
Frustrating again or relieved we no longer get turned over? on 17:18 - Nov 10 with 973 viewsgt81

Frustrating. Too much of a drop off in performance 2nd half.

In isolation, in any other season, not a terrible result but in the context of this season we need more.

To be fair, first half was excellent, best we've played in a long time, but in the cold hard light of day, we still couldn't pick up the win.

Another positive perhaps, is that we've been away for most of games against those around us, if Lambert can get us playing like we did first half today when we face them at home later in the season, we might have a chance.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024