Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Seems Andrew Neil doesn't agree with the popular opinion on here 07:20 - Nov 14 with 1951 viewsStokieBlue

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/11/13/andrew-neil-attacks-bbc-left-wing-bi

Fair point or the rantings of a cynical old loon? Seems everyone agrees that all forms of media are biased but puzzlingly people can't agree on which way.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Seems Andrew Neil doesn't agree with the popular opinion on here on 08:00 - Nov 14 with 1859 viewsgordon

Without getting into Andrew Neil, that's poor reporting from the Telegraph, who don't mention his tweet about Carole Cadwalladr:

https://inews.co.uk/news/media/andrew-neil-twitter-carole-cadwalladr-deleted-twe

To me Neil comes across as a bitter, entitled, egotistical oaf, of course others can have different views. And anyway, the Conservative party have put on more than enough right-wing comedy over the last couple of years.
[Post edited 14 Nov 2018 8:00]
Seems Andrew Neil doesn't agree with the popular opinion on here on 08:03 - Nov 14 with 1843 viewsUB9Blue

Personally I think that shows such as 'Have I got News For You' and 'Mock the Week' have become rather tedious with their political ranting but then again 'Spitting Image' was no saint in this area when it was broadcast back in the day.
Seems Andrew Neil doesn't agree with the popular opinion on here on 08:11 - Nov 14 with 1818 viewsStokieBlue

Seems Andrew Neil doesn't agree with the popular opinion on here on 08:00 - Nov 14 by gordon

Without getting into Andrew Neil, that's poor reporting from the Telegraph, who don't mention his tweet about Carole Cadwalladr:

https://inews.co.uk/news/media/andrew-neil-twitter-carole-cadwalladr-deleted-twe

To me Neil comes across as a bitter, entitled, egotistical oaf, of course others can have different views. And anyway, the Conservative party have put on more than enough right-wing comedy over the last couple of years.

To be fair to the Torygraph they do mention that tweet and what he said about her in the article.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Seems Andrew Neil doesn't agree with the popular opinion on here on 08:13 - Nov 14 with 1803 viewsgordon

Seems Andrew Neil doesn't agree with the popular opinion on here on 08:11 - Nov 14 by StokieBlue

To be fair to the Torygraph they do mention that tweet and what he said about her in the article.

SB

Oh yeah, good point!
Seems Andrew Neil doesn't agree with the popular opinion on here on 08:14 - Nov 14 with 1805 viewstabletopjoe

Satire by its nature is left wing. This is partly due to the fact that TW3, the birth of satire was created under a Tory government

'Let the ignorant argue with themselves' -- CL

Seems Andrew Neil doesn't agree with the popular opinion on here on 08:29 - Nov 14 with 1770 viewsGeoffSentence

Seems Andrew Neil doesn't agree with the popular opinion on here on 08:14 - Nov 14 by tabletopjoe

Satire by its nature is left wing. This is partly due to the fact that TW3, the birth of satire was created under a Tory government

Satire by nature is anti-establishment, which means it is left wing in this country.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Seems Andrew Neil doesn't agree with the popular opinion on here on 08:32 - Nov 14 with 1759 viewstabletopjoe

Seems Andrew Neil doesn't agree with the popular opinion on here on 08:29 - Nov 14 by GeoffSentence

Satire by nature is anti-establishment, which means it is left wing in this country.

But the establishment is now run by the left at every level, including the police, universities and schools, and the civil service. So that can’t be true
[Post edited 14 Nov 2018 8:32]

'Let the ignorant argue with themselves' -- CL

Seems Andrew Neil doesn't agree with the popular opinion on here on 08:35 - Nov 14 with 1747 viewssolemio

Seems Andrew Neil doesn't agree with the popular opinion on here on 08:14 - Nov 14 by tabletopjoe

Beyond the Fringe (Miller, Moore, Cook and Bennett) led to the birth of TW3.
Login to get fewer ads

Seems Andrew Neil doesn't agree with the popular opinion on here on 08:46 - Nov 14 with 1714 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Satire is just a middle class word for sarcasm.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Seems Andrew Neil doesn't agree with the popular opinion on here on 09:18 - Nov 14 with 1674 viewsBrixtonBlue

Seems Andrew Neil doesn't agree with the popular opinion on here on 08:32 - Nov 14 by tabletopjoe

But the establishment is now run by the left at every level, including the police, universities and schools, and the civil service. So that can’t be true
[Post edited 14 Nov 2018 8:32]

haha, ok.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Seems Andrew Neil doesn't agree with the popular opinion on here on 09:54 - Nov 14 with 1628 viewsbrazil1982

Seems Andrew Neil doesn't agree with the popular opinion on here on 08:03 - Nov 14 by UB9Blue

Personally I think that shows such as 'Have I got News For You' and 'Mock the Week' have become rather tedious with their political ranting but then again 'Spitting Image' was no saint in this area when it was broadcast back in the day.

Watch the Mash Report and you'll be wondering how that is classed as "hilarious" - I've never seen such a left-leaning programme. Awful.

Anti-Trump>Anti-Brexit>Anti-Britain>Repeat
Seems Andrew Neil doesn't agree with the popular opinion on here on 09:56 - Nov 14 with 1618 viewsGlasgowBlue

Seems Andrew Neil doesn't agree with the popular opinion on here on 08:00 - Nov 14 by gordon

Did you actually read the article?

“The presenter's thoughts on BBC comedy came in a flurry of late night tweets in which he also referred to Carole Cadwalladr, the journalist who exposed the Cambridge Analytica data scandal, as the "mad cat woman" "Karol Kodswallop".

He later deleted it, and a BBC spokesman said Neil had recognised it was "inappropriate".

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Seems Andrew Neil doesn't agree with the popular opinion on here on 10:22 - Nov 14 with 1586 viewsWeWereZombies

Seems Andrew Neil doesn't agree with the popular opinion on here on 09:54 - Nov 14 by brazil1982

Watch the Mash Report and you'll be wondering how that is classed as "hilarious" - I've never seen such a left-leaning programme. Awful.

Anti-Trump>Anti-Brexit>Anti-Britain>Repeat

Whilst I agree that, from what little I have seen of it, 'The Mash Report' is very dull I would have to blame the right wing for that. When almost everything you say is riddled with error and every move you make is a mistake then your detractors find it too easy to get cheap laughs and get lazy in their satire. However, there is a very ugly underneath that only the darkest of humour reaches into. It is there that you will have to endure hardship to go and be prepared to have every assumption challenged. And it is also the meeting point of comedy and tragedy.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Seems Andrew Neil doesn't agree with the popular opinion on here on 10:36 - Nov 14 with 1560 viewsNo9

I am surpised anyone takes any notice of what Andrew Neil has published in the Telegraphy given his job & who his employers are.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024