Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"We might not win every game, but we'll try and give them a team that everybody" 11:16 - Nov 23 with 1593 viewsKeno

Just seen that quote from PL

That's all we ask really

I like PL, seems to be a blue through and through

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

"We might not win every game, but we'll try and give them a team that everybody" on 11:22 - Nov 23 with 1573 viewsSwansea_Blue

I mentioned somewhere else that it's remarkably refreshing to have a manager who doesn't spend his pre-match conference getting the excuses in.

It's pretty simple really. We'll go out there, try to win every game and believe we can beat anyone. Doesn't mean it'll happen, but at least you're not going into every match mentally hamstrung.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

"We might not win every game, but we'll try and give them a team that everybody" on 11:40 - Nov 23 with 1549 viewsFixed_It

"We might not win every game, but we'll try and give them a team that everybody" on 11:22 - Nov 23 by Swansea_Blue

I mentioned somewhere else that it's remarkably refreshing to have a manager who doesn't spend his pre-match conference getting the excuses in.

It's pretty simple really. We'll go out there, try to win every game and believe we can beat anyone. Doesn't mean it'll happen, but at least you're not going into every match mentally hamstrung.

He hasn't used the words 'turgid', 'dogged', 'difficult to beat', 'match the opposition' or 'ugly' yet. And the attendance tonight is set to be around the 22,000 mark. Coincidence?

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

"We might not win every game, but we'll try and give them a team that everybody" on 11:48 - Nov 23 with 1535 viewsSwansea_Blue

"We might not win every game, but we'll try and give them a team that everybody" on 11:40 - Nov 23 by Fixed_It

He hasn't used the words 'turgid', 'dogged', 'difficult to beat', 'match the opposition' or 'ugly' yet. And the attendance tonight is set to be around the 22,000 mark. Coincidence?

Ha. There might be something in that. Combined with people wanting to see something other than long balls being aimlessly launched forwards.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

"We might not win every game, but we'll try and give them a team that everybody" on 12:13 - Nov 23 with 1490 viewsGuthrum

"We might not win every game, but we'll try and give them a team that everybody" on 11:48 - Nov 23 by Swansea_Blue

Ha. There might be something in that. Combined with people wanting to see something other than long balls being aimlessly launched forwards.

You might get that - Harry's report suggests it may be a favoured tactic of West Brom.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

"We might not win every game, but we'll try and give them a team that everybody" on 15:05 - Nov 23 with 1406 viewsRobTheMonk

There's a refreshing optimistic outlook rather than a dour, pessimistic approach. It gets the fans straight on side. Lambert has done very, very well with the media side of things.
"We might not win every game, but we'll try and give them a team that everybody" on 17:47 - Nov 23 with 1333 viewsnshearman1

"We might not win every game, but we'll try and give them a team that everybody" on 15:05 - Nov 23 by RobTheMonk

There's a refreshing optimistic outlook rather than a dour, pessimistic approach. It gets the fans straight on side. Lambert has done very, very well with the media side of things.

Speaking slightly cynically, his brief is clearly firstly to bring entertainment - and therefore the fans - back to Portman Road, and secondly to get confidence back into the players. Almost everything he's said has been geared to that. Unfortunately we're still a sub-standard team in terms of the quality currently available to PL. However, I love everything he's said and done, we are actually unbeaten under him, and I have got a crazily positive feeling about tonight. COYB!!
"We might not win every game, but we'll try and give them a team that everybody" on 17:52 - Nov 23 with 1326 viewsRobTheMonk

"We might not win every game, but we'll try and give them a team that everybody" on 17:47 - Nov 23 by nshearman1

Speaking slightly cynically, his brief is clearly firstly to bring entertainment - and therefore the fans - back to Portman Road, and secondly to get confidence back into the players. Almost everything he's said has been geared to that. Unfortunately we're still a sub-standard team in terms of the quality currently available to PL. However, I love everything he's said and done, we are actually unbeaten under him, and I have got a crazily positive feeling about tonight. COYB!!

I see what you're saying but compare it to Hurst coming in who if anything was even more dour than Mick haha!
"We might not win every game, but we'll try and give them a team that everybody" on 18:37 - Nov 23 with 1276 viewsxrayspecs

"We might not win every game, but we'll try and give them a team that everybody" on 17:47 - Nov 23 by nshearman1

I think there is something in that.

He is talking the team up at all opportunities. He knows the squad is limited but if you can get them to believe in themselves, then you give them the best chance to succeed.
Login to get fewer ads

"We might not win every game, but we'll try and give them a team that everybody" on 18:45 - Nov 23 with 1263 viewsfabian_illness

With all that’s gone on, I really don’t think anyone can be critical of PL and his staff for the work they have done so far. The way he’s conducted himself, the way he’s talking about his players, the improvement visible on the pitch.
Not forgetting those photos of GB, TB and JW at the training ground. That’s what swung it for me, you can see he’s trying his socks off for the club.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024