Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sears 11:05 - Jan 6 with 2302 viewscarlisleaway

However much we moan about all the dour signings that Hurst made, Sears is getting away with it lightly. Yesterday for a senior player he missed 2 golden chances and against Millwall when we were 1 up he missed another golden opportunity to have buried the game.
Has to laugh at our younger element chanting outside the changing room, your not fit to wear the shirt. As a senior I have seen it all before but as a club we are in big trouble not only financially but with players who are way out of there depth.
Sears on 11:10 - Jan 6 with 2256 viewsBluefish

Sears has been poor for the past 3 or 4 games as has Edwards. Sears missed 2 big chances against Millwall and the same yesterday. We have to change our system having those 2 wide is hopeless and leaves us toothless we are back to Paul Hurst days. Jackson can only play as a 2 up top and I think Harrison would be better in a 2 as well although he has looked good in the last 2 games.

Dozzell was so deep yesterday because we didn't have a ball player at the back, it was back to the darkest times when Leadboots played in the same way.

We simply do not have the players for the formation, we either go narrow with 4-1-2-1-2 or we go traditional 4-4-2

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Sears on 11:55 - Jan 6 with 2131 viewsWestcountryblue

This is because under our last manager he was nothing more than a 3-4 choice striker, who offered us versatility.

The fact that he is our first choice striker/inside forward just illustrates what's happened to this club.
Sears on 11:58 - Jan 6 with 2102 viewswkj

Personally my post with regards to Jackson might have influenced this post somewhat, which I was more trying to question the logic of the business more than the player himself.

That said, I agree we have a glut of players out of their depth drafted in by a manager who was equally as out of his depth.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Sears on 12:01 - Jan 6 with 2089 viewsjas0999

A very average player who is probably going to do okay for us in League One. May score ten or twelve next season.
Sears on 12:31 - Jan 6 with 2001 viewsfloridaboy

If they sign Quanar then would love to see Keane as a partner but for some reason nowadays there is this obsession with playing one up front. Every team does it but why do we have to copy!
Sears on 12:37 - Jan 6 with 1978 viewsTrequartista

Sears on 12:31 - Jan 6 by floridaboy

If they sign Quanar then would love to see Keane as a partner but for some reason nowadays there is this obsession with playing one up front. Every team does it but why do we have to copy!

I can only assume Quanar is being brought in to make the other strikers feel better about their strike rates

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Sears on 12:54 - Jan 6 with 1909 viewshadleighboyblue

Sears on 11:10 - Jan 6 by Bluefish

Sears has been poor for the past 3 or 4 games as has Edwards. Sears missed 2 big chances against Millwall and the same yesterday. We have to change our system having those 2 wide is hopeless and leaves us toothless we are back to Paul Hurst days. Jackson can only play as a 2 up top and I think Harrison would be better in a 2 as well although he has looked good in the last 2 games.

Dozzell was so deep yesterday because we didn't have a ball player at the back, it was back to the darkest times when Leadboots played in the same way.

We simply do not have the players for the formation, we either go narrow with 4-1-2-1-2 or we go traditional 4-4-2

Don't think playing one up front works for any of our strikers , but I do think Harrison looks promising and it could work if he had someone with him .

Sears is picked for his work , but he's not a winger and agree he is missing good chances as a striker that are costing us points .
Sears on 13:10 - Jan 6 with 1857 viewsmrshallisfit

Sears on 11:10 - Jan 6 by Bluefish

The recent dip in form is probably due to him signing a new contract
Login to get fewer ads

Sears on 16:33 - Jan 6 with 1626 viewsChocorange

Sears on 12:37 - Jan 6 by Trequartista

I can only assume Quanar is being brought in to make the other strikers feel better about their strike rates

Quaner is a bit of a cult hero at Huddersfield.

They have played him on the wing or as a attacking full back. Despite his height not good in the air.

Can make difficult things look easy, ...but also easy things look difficult!

I remember him coming on in extra time as sub. to put the excellent cross in that a Sheffield Wed Defender diverted into his own net to take the game to penalties.
Sears on 17:30 - Jan 6 with 1528 viewsBlue_Moses

Sears was a half decent striker when we bought him, then had that coached out of him when MM tried to turn him into a wide player. Important to remember that.
Sears on 00:21 - Jan 7 with 1347 viewseddiespearitt03

There are at least 8 squad players who we need to dispose of !!!
Sears on 01:06 - Jan 7 with 1297 viewsChocorange

Sears on 17:30 - Jan 6 by Blue_Moses

Sears was a half decent striker when we bought him, then had that coached out of him when MM tried to turn him into a wide player. Important to remember that.

How can people still defend Sears?
Have they not been to many games in the last 2/3 years?

Games and games without a goal... So many chances through the middle yet it's always MM fault for playing him as a wide player.

If he was a championship level player then he would be good enough to sort himself out.

He isn't, end of,

And why on earth he was made captain on Saturday, not once did he inspire the team, he missed the best chances when others were in better positions to score..
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024