Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Holiday with a Toddler - September Sun & warm swimming pools? 11:42 - Apr 29 with 1616 viewsipswich78

I am planning on going away in September for some late summer sun. I have a two year old, so it needs to be somewhere family friendly.

Due to the type of holidays I have taken over recent years I am a bit out of the loop on this kinda thing, my biggest aim is to go somewhere where the swimming pools on site are still nice and warm, I know the sea will be so that's fine. I have been looking at Greece / Canary Islands.

Can anybody offer any insight into the above for me?

Thanks in advance.

The internet. Giving idiots a voice since 1982.
Poll: The 'Cornetto' Trilogy. Which film is your number one?

Holiday with a Toddler - September Sun & warm swimming pools? on 12:07 - Apr 29 with 1579 viewsitfcjoe

We found a nice complex in Cyprus which is a mixture of apartments which are rented out or lived in - a couple of nice enough pools and a bit of entertainment there but nothing much. Were self catered, and had a car so were able to get around with shopping etc so no dramas on that front.

We didn't want to go to a big all inc resort because it is mega money, you eat too much and doesn't fit in with toddlers and not always the best crowd. Plus you are unlikely to get a big enough room or one with balcony so can't put the little one down and have your own time in the evening.

We're going back there in a few weeks with two, but comfortable with knowing that we will have a 2 or 3 bed apartment (not sure what is booked), with enough of our own space that we aren't sitting in a room from 7pm once kids go to bed!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Holiday with a Toddler - September Sun & warm swimming pools? on 13:00 - Apr 29 with 1517 viewssundaze

Went to Menorca last week of Sept last year. Every day was around 30c, great place for families, lovely resorts, not too big and in Sept, not too crowded.

Two hour flights from Stansted or Gatwick, very easy, especially with youngsters.
Holiday with a Toddler - September Sun & warm swimming pools? on 09:15 - Apr 30 with 1396 viewsSaleAway

dependant on how busy you want to be, can highly recommend

https://www.neilson.co.uk/beach

all round the med... sepetember is a great time to go, as its not too hot, but still pretty consistent.

they run really good kids clubs, so you get a holiday too.... but its flexible, so you can put kids in, or keep them with, depending on how you feel on each day

if you like to be a bit more active than just lying on a beach, this is brilliant, inclusive sailing, windsurfin, tennis, mountain biking...

and out of school holidays, they work out at pretty good value too.

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

Holiday with a Toddler - September Sun & warm swimming pools? on 09:41 - Apr 30 with 1374 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Had a couple of family friendly trips here....
https://www.tui.co.uk/destinations/europe/spain/lanzarote/playa-blanca/apartment
.....but money goes further somewhere like Side in Turkey....can send details of a self catering appartment with pool if you like.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Holiday with a Toddler - September Sun & warm swimming pools? on 09:50 - Apr 30 with 1355 viewsGlebeTractor

Depends on your budget.

We went to a nice 4* All Inclusive in Corfu called Aleolos Beach. I'd really recommend that if you're looking at Greece. Kids pools, beautiful beaches, lovely apartments etc

Reckon you'll be looking at 1.2/1.3k though for the 3 of you.

This year we've booked a package with TUI down to the Algarve, simply because they do a kids go free option. So I'd maybe start on their website and see what they can do? They are far more reliable than most travel companies, good online booking system and if you need to make any amendments it's very easy.

Poll: Was that the worst game you've been to? If not, what was?

Holiday with a Toddler - September Sun & warm swimming pools? on 09:58 - Apr 30 with 1348 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

If Greece....check out Paxos.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Holiday with a Toddler - September Sun & warm swimming pools? on 10:32 - Apr 30 with 1318 viewsDarth_Koont

Doublecheck that the pool is heated if you go to Canary Islands. Most aren't and they're pretty nippy. On a recent trip it was literally just me and my daughters using the hotel pool and even then it was max 10 minutes a couple of times a day.

I'm sure your kid will be demanding much more than that.

Pronouns: He/Him

Holiday with a Toddler - September Sun & warm swimming pools? on 14:40 - Apr 30 with 1256 viewsChe

https://www.holidayworld.es/en/

Great place for children all ages, out of main school holidays so cheaper in September
Benalmadena is a great resort good public transport, railway from airport along the coast cheap and regular trains. Flights to Malaga are cheap, can't think of any really big negatives about the whole area. Good alround family resort.
Oh season ticket at Malaga the cheapest adult is €120
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024