Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Son sending off. 13:35 - May 4 with 2445 viewsSE1blue

Everything I hate about modern day football.

Nothing actually happened except a load play acting. Lerma falls down holding his shin after being gently pushed in the chest. Son claims he was attacked but I couldn’t actually see any contact.

It’s an embarrassment to the sport. Wish refs would just have a word about them not being morons and carry on.
[Post edited 4 May 2019 13:37]

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Son sending off. on 13:57 - May 4 with 2358 viewsWD19

It’s Bournemouth. I wonder if refs get paid extra for covering their games?
Son sending off. on 13:58 - May 4 with 2355 viewsJ2BLUE

Disagree. Stonewall red. Son was an idiot.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Son sending off. on 14:07 - May 4 with 2305 viewsstrikalite

Son sending off. on 13:58 - May 4 by J2BLUE

Foyth's was a straight red too, although agree totally with Alan Smith in that in that moment of just overrunning the ball you're going to try and reach for it..
Son sending off. on 14:34 - May 4 with 2204 viewsGlasgowBlue

Son sending off. on 13:57 - May 4 by WD19

It’s Bournemouth. I wonder if refs get paid extra for covering their games?

Nathan Ake. spitting image of Ruud Gullit.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Son sending off. on 14:36 - May 4 with 2196 viewsMrTown

Agree, absolute idiotic, red mist descended, completely lost.

If that happened against Towen and it was not given we would be furious.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Son sending off. on 14:37 - May 4 with 2188 viewsSE1blue

Yes he was (I said the red should call him out for being a moron) to react but it wasn’t a punch. Nobody got hurt.

Wish common sense would come back. Yes, I know it’s the rules now of raising your hands but it’s stupid and deprived people who’ve paid good money of seeing 22 players.

Game should be stopped whilst players cool down and look at what actually happened.

Son sending off. on 14:38 - May 4 with 2179 viewsSE1blue

Son sending off. on 14:36 - May 4 by MrTown

Agree, absolute idiotic, red mist descended, completely lost.

If that happened against Towen and it was not given we would be furious.

Cantona shows completely losing it.

This was handbags.

Son sending off. on 14:43 - May 4 with 2159 viewsRadlett_blue

Son sending off. on 14:37 - May 4 by SE1blue

Yes he was (I said the red should call him out for being a moron) to react but it wasn’t a punch. Nobody got hurt.

Wish common sense would come back. Yes, I know it’s the rules now of raising your hands but it’s stupid and deprived people who’ve paid good money of seeing 22 players.

Game should be stopped whilst players cool down and look at what actually happened.

Agreed. It was a push in the chest and Lerma was rolling around on the ground in agony. While Son was an idiot, that's not "violent conduct" by any sensible definition.
Oh, and a Bournemouth player pushed Son in retaliation so surely he should have been sent off as well?
But we all have known for a while that Bournemouth under that nice Eddie Howe are experts at this (although by no means the only offenders).

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Login to get fewer ads

Son sending off. on 15:27 - May 4 with 2033 viewsFtnfwest

Son sending off. on 14:43 - May 4 by Radlett_blue

Agreed. It was a push in the chest and Lerma was rolling around on the ground in agony. While Son was an idiot, that's not "violent conduct" by any sensible definition.
Oh, and a Bournemouth player pushed Son in retaliation so surely he should have been sent off as well?
But we all have known for a while that Bournemouth under that nice Eddie Howe are experts at this (although by no means the only offenders).

Didn’t see it but is this going to be another case of simulation to con the ref and a resulting ban like with Bamford? Seems the only way to handle it
Son sending off. on 15:54 - May 4 with 1954 viewsRadlett_blue

Son sending off. on 15:27 - May 4 by Ftnfwest

Didn’t see it but is this going to be another case of simulation to con the ref and a resulting ban like with Bamford? Seems the only way to handle it

No. Lerma was pushed in the chest and fell down, writhing in agony, but not holding his face. He massively exaggerated the impact of the push in order to make sure the ref sent off Son, but not as blatantly as Bamford.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Son sending off. on 16:01 - May 4 with 1925 viewsFtnfwest

Son sending off. on 15:54 - May 4 by Radlett_blue

No. Lerma was pushed in the chest and fell down, writhing in agony, but not holding his face. He massively exaggerated the impact of the push in order to make sure the ref sent off Son, but not as blatantly as Bamford.

Shame, still Bournemouth spent 2 or 3 years doing this to get into the prem in the first place. Cheating FFP off the pitch and getting a paltry fine at the end of it plus conning refs on it.
Son sending off. on 16:16 - May 4 with 1884 viewsMrTown

Son sending off. on 14:38 - May 4 by SE1blue

Cantona shows completely losing it.

This was handbags.

Don't think the ref will approach by using Cantona as a bench mark. "ahhh, well Cantona kung-fu kicked a fan, this is nothing in comparison so will only give him a warning".

Red mist descended over him, stupid reaction, red card all day.

Son sending off. on 16:46 - May 4 with 1808 viewsSE1blue

Son sending off. on 16:16 - May 4 by MrTown

Don't think the ref will approach by using Cantona as a bench mark. "ahhh, well Cantona kung-fu kicked a fan, this is nothing in comparison so will only give him a warning".

Red mist descended over him, stupid reaction, red card all day.

I wasn’t suggesting the ref would, I was talking to you.

If you think that the Son situation is completely losing it, then you’re probably loving how soft and pathetically dramatical modern football has become.

Son sending off. on 16:48 - May 4 with 1791 viewsJ2BLUE

Son sending off. on 16:46 - May 4 by SE1blue

If you think that the Son situation is completely losing it, then you’re probably loving how soft and pathetically dramatical modern football has become.

That's complete rubbish though. Your idea leaves a massive grey area. If you react like Son did you get sent off. Nothing to do with modern football. It's been that way for ages.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Son sending off. on 16:53 - May 4 with 1771 viewsSE1blue

Son sending off. on 16:48 - May 4 by J2BLUE

That's complete rubbish though. Your idea leaves a massive grey area. If you react like Son did you get sent off. Nothing to do with modern football. It's been that way for ages.

What’s the rubbish idea? Allowing the ref to use video evidence to see exactly what’s happened?

In he rules today, yes Son gets sent off but I think Lerma has committed an equally poor offence as well. And as another poster mentioned another Bournemouth player pushed Son. So, he should go to by that rule.

Son sending off. on 17:28 - May 4 with 1697 viewsMrTown

Son sending off. on 16:46 - May 4 by SE1blue

No of course not, I don’t like it anymore than anyone else. But I’m also realistic in recognising that is now a sending off.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024