Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Conspiracy theory? 22:54 - May 30 with 2121 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

So what if gut bacteria was affected by, say, the MMR vaccine?
https://www.theguardian.com/society/2019/may/30/autism-symptoms-replicated-mice-
...life is full of unknown unknowns!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Conspiracy theory? on 22:59 - May 30 with 1690 viewsDarth_Koont

Then there would still be an observable link between MMR and autism. Isn't that obvious?

Never mind the unknowns, it's people's refusal to deal with the knowns that's the real mystery.

Pronouns: He/Him

Conspiracy theory? on 23:07 - May 30 with 1654 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Conspiracy theory? on 22:59 - May 30 by Darth_Koont

Then there would still be an observable link between MMR and autism. Isn't that obvious?

Never mind the unknowns, it's people's refusal to deal with the knowns that's the real mystery.

We are faced with a myriad of barely understood interactions between organs of the human body.....1 in 60 are developing autism....maybe certainty on either side of the debate sbould be tempered.

Conspiracy theory? on 23:10 - May 30 with 1643 viewsDarth_Koont

Conspiracy theory? on 23:07 - May 30 by BanksterDebtSlave

We are faced with a myriad of barely understood interactions between organs of the human body.....1 in 60 are developing autism....maybe certainty on either side of the debate sbould be tempered.

https://www.nhs.uk/news/medication/no-link-between-mmr-and-autism-major-study-fi

Maybe you should stop trying to perpetuate a dangerous myth just so your mind can get its jollies?

Pronouns: He/Him

Conspiracy theory? on 23:21 - May 30 with 1605 viewsfactual_blue

Try 'Bad Science' by Ben Goldacre.

In addition to debunking all this sort of nonsense, you can irritate your wife by showing her what cobblers the makers of cosmetics talk, and how all face creams are just Nivea with some nice-smelling water added.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Conspiracy theory? on 03:39 - May 31 with 1520 viewsWeWereZombies

Can you post a link for the 1 in 60 are developing autism? Because I would also like to see some context about how autism went undiagnosed in previous times so that we can assess if this a new phenomenon, if it really is due to MMR vaccines or has always been present.

Actually, don't bother, found it:

https://journals.lww.com/tnpj/Citation/2018/09000/Identifying_autism_spectrum_di

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Conspiracy theory? (n/t) on 03:57 - May 31 with 1516 viewsSpruceMoose

[Post edited 31 May 2019 6:13]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Conspiracy theory? on 06:33 - May 31 with 1441 viewsStokieBlue

You started with a question. Do you have and evidence?

SB
[Post edited 31 May 2019 7:19]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Conspiracy theory? on 07:45 - May 31 with 1361 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Conspiracy theory? on 03:39 - May 31 by WeWereZombies

Can you post a link for the 1 in 60 are developing autism? Because I would also like to see some context about how autism went undiagnosed in previous times so that we can assess if this a new phenomenon, if it really is due to MMR vaccines or has always been present.

Actually, don't bother, found it:

https://journals.lww.com/tnpj/Citation/2018/09000/Identifying_autism_spectrum_di

Yep I was surprised too.

Login to get fewer ads

Conspiracy theory? (n/t) on 07:54 - May 31 with 1351 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Conspiracy theory? (n/t) on 03:57 - May 31 by SpruceMoose

[Post edited 31 May 2019 6:13]

I would recommend this as a starting point!
https://sahilsholla.wordpress.com/2016/09/12/documentary-review-heart-vs-mind-wh
[Post edited 31 May 2019 7:54]

Conspiracy theory? (n/t) on 07:57 - May 31 with 1335 viewsStokieBlue

Conspiracy theory? (n/t) on 07:54 - May 31 by BanksterDebtSlave

I would recommend this as a starting point!
https://sahilsholla.wordpress.com/2016/09/12/documentary-review-heart-vs-mind-wh
[Post edited 31 May 2019 7:54]

That's some very muddled thinking.

SB

Conspiracy theory? on 08:09 - May 31 with 1317 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Conspiracy theory? on 23:10 - May 30 by Darth_Koont

https://www.nhs.uk/news/medication/no-link-between-mmr-and-autism-major-study-fi

Maybe you should stop trying to perpetuate a dangerous myth just so your mind can get its jollies?

I am merely trying to perpetuate an open mind and not pretending that science already has all the answers....too many Laputans on here!?
Imagine if some yoghurt weaving hippy had come on here a few years back suggesting that injecting poo into other people's guts could be beneficial. Are people really suggesting that what we put in to our bodies (including vaccines) MAY not have unexpected consequences including adverse effects on gut bacteria.

Now the (more) controversial bit....say you were a research scientist for Bayer in to gut bacteria and you found that you could positively change gut health (as per linked article) what would be the financial imperative (considering the interests of shareholders) to see if your vaccines lead to poor gut health in the first place? As things stand you can make money at both ends as it were!

Conspiracy theory? on 08:13 - May 31 with 1314 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Conspiracy theory? on 23:10 - May 30 by Darth_Koont

Interesting to see the Danish considerably bucking the 1 in 60 rate (1 in 100 in that report) Maybe it's something in their diet?

Conspiracy theory? (n/t) on 08:14 - May 31 with 1311 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Conspiracy theory? (n/t) on 07:57 - May 31 by StokieBlue

That's some very muddled thinking.

SB

What....you've watched it already?

You would actually find a lot of his documentaries interesting I think....
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Malone_(independent_filmmaker)

http://watchdocumentaries.com/dangerous-knowledge/
[Post edited 31 May 2019 8:22]

Conspiracy theory? on 08:16 - May 31 with 1310 viewsSwansea_Blue

Conspiracy theory? on 23:21 - May 30 by factual_blue

Try 'Bad Science' by Ben Goldacre.

In addition to debunking all this sort of nonsense, you can irritate your wife by showing her what cobblers the makers of cosmetics talk, and how all face creams are just Nivea with some nice-smelling water added.

“NIce-smelling”?

At least I now know you’ve never had an affair with my missus!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Conspiracy theory? on 08:32 - May 31 with 1292 viewsfactual_blue

Conspiracy theory? on 08:16 - May 31 by Swansea_Blue

“NIce-smelling”?

At least I now know you’ve never had an affair with my missus!

She said you prefer a gamey odour.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Conspiracy theory? (n/t) on 08:44 - May 31 with 1263 viewsStokieBlue

Conspiracy theory? (n/t) on 08:14 - May 31 by BanksterDebtSlave

What....you've watched it already?

You would actually find a lot of his documentaries interesting I think....
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Malone_(independent_filmmaker)

http://watchdocumentaries.com/dangerous-knowledge/
[Post edited 31 May 2019 8:22]

I meant the article.

SB

Conspiracy theory? (n/t) on 08:46 - May 31 with 1260 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Conspiracy theory? (n/t) on 08:44 - May 31 by StokieBlue

I meant the article.

SB

The review was just to get to the documentary link.

Conspiracy theory? on 08:50 - May 31 with 1252 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Conspiracy theory? on 06:33 - May 31 by StokieBlue

You started with a question. Do you have and evidence?

SB
[Post edited 31 May 2019 7:19]

Having just re read that Stokie, isn't this part of the problem with this whole debate....since when did questions require evidence! I think the linked article is enough evidence for an open mind to at least wonder..

hmmmm on 09:01 - May 31 with 1255 viewsDyland

Conspiracy theory? on 08:09 - May 31 by BanksterDebtSlave

I am merely trying to perpetuate an open mind and not pretending that science already has all the answers....too many Laputans on here!?
Imagine if some yoghurt weaving hippy had come on here a few years back suggesting that injecting poo into other people's guts could be beneficial. Are people really suggesting that what we put in to our bodies (including vaccines) MAY not have unexpected consequences including adverse effects on gut bacteria.

Now the (more) controversial bit....say you were a research scientist for Bayer in to gut bacteria and you found that you could positively change gut health (as per linked article) what would be the financial imperative (considering the interests of shareholders) to see if your vaccines lead to poor gut health in the first place? As things stand you can make money at both ends as it were!

"I am merely trying to perpetuate an open mind and not pretending that science already has all the answers"

I'm not getting involved in a Vax debate, it just gets nasty and tedious on here. I do want to highlight this fundamental issue common with your postings on this and other similar debates. You start your post with a classic straw man. No one in the scientific community thinks they know all the answers. It's not how science works. Too many Nirvana fallacy folks on here....?

FWIW we probably have a lot more in common than differences, and as I said the other day, I'd gladly share a table and a drink with anyone here, or a pipe may be a better bet with your good self :)

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Conspiracy theory? on 09:06 - May 31 with 1234 viewscrunchie1978

Not enough tit milk when first born buh....thats the problem today!
hmmmm on 09:08 - May 31 with 1235 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

hmmmm on 09:01 - May 31 by Dyland

"I am merely trying to perpetuate an open mind and not pretending that science already has all the answers"

I'm not getting involved in a Vax debate, it just gets nasty and tedious on here. I do want to highlight this fundamental issue common with your postings on this and other similar debates. You start your post with a classic straw man. No one in the scientific community thinks they know all the answers. It's not how science works. Too many Nirvana fallacy folks on here....?

FWIW we probably have a lot more in common than differences, and as I said the other day, I'd gladly share a table and a drink with anyone here, or a pipe may be a better bet with your good self :)

Agreed....I have never come down one way or the other on the Vax thing as I do not know. I stick by thinking that many on here do pretend that science has the answers on this issue though.

Conspiracy theory? on 09:11 - May 31 with 1221 viewsStokieBlue

Conspiracy theory? on 08:50 - May 31 by BanksterDebtSlave

Having just re read that Stokie, isn't this part of the problem with this whole debate....since when did questions require evidence! I think the linked article is enough evidence for an open mind to at least wonder..

It's a leading question though. You posed it then you correlated it with something else. That correlation requires some evidence.

Is it going to rain today? Perhaps that means debtster eats bogies.

That question then correlation requires evidence. It's clearly false as well :).

SB

Conspiracy theory? on 09:18 - May 31 with 1199 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Conspiracy theory? on 09:11 - May 31 by StokieBlue

It's a leading question though. You posed it then you correlated it with something else. That correlation requires some evidence.

Is it going to rain today? Perhaps that means debtster eats bogies.

That question then correlation requires evidence. It's clearly false as well :).

SB

It's not going to rain today but I will probably eat some bogies......hope this helps!

I would be amazed if vaccines did not impact gut health....whether this would be significant I have not a clue.

Conspiracy theory? on 09:19 - May 31 with 1193 viewsDanTheMan

Conspiracy theory? on 09:18 - May 31 by BanksterDebtSlave

It's not going to rain today but I will probably eat some bogies......hope this helps!

I would be amazed if vaccines did not impact gut health....whether this would be significant I have not a clue.

"I would be amazed if vaccines did not impact gut health"

Why?

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Conspiracy theory? on 09:20 - May 31 with 1189 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Conspiracy theory? on 09:06 - May 31 by crunchie1978

Not enough tit milk when first born buh....thats the problem today!

This may be the most accurate thing you have ever posted.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024