Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I didn't think Brexit could get any worse 16:28 - Jun 4 with 5492 viewsBrixtonBlue

Looks like the NHS is one of the things Trump is after. Gawd help us.

"Mr Corbyn said he would oppose any post-Brexit trade deal with the US that allowed foreign companies "in to take over the NHS" - insisting he would defend a free health service "with every breath in his body".

But after holding talks with Mrs May, Mr Trump said no area could be excluded from future trade discussions, including the NHS.

"When you are dealing with trade, everything is on the table, so the NHS and anything else."

On Sunday, the US Ambassador to the UK, Woody Johnson, told the BBC "all things that are traded would be on the table" - including healthcare."

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-48515506

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

I didn't think Brexit could get any worse on 16:33 - Jun 4 with 2243 viewsgiant_stow

See why people are upset with Corbyn and his in/out support for Brexit yet?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

I didn't think Brexit could get any worse on 16:37 - Jun 4 with 2237 viewsBrixtonBlue

I didn't think Brexit could get any worse on 16:33 - Jun 4 by giant_stow

See why people are upset with Corbyn and his in/out support for Brexit yet?

I don't know how many times I have to say I disagree with Corbyn's stance on Europe before it sinks in Ulla!

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

I didn't think Brexit could get any worse on 16:41 - Jun 4 with 2222 viewsgiant_stow

I didn't think Brexit could get any worse on 16:37 - Jun 4 by BrixtonBlue

I don't know how many times I have to say I disagree with Corbyn's stance on Europe before it sinks in Ulla!

Fair enough - this goes back to that thread the other day about whether one votes just on Brexit or other issues too though. To me, getting brexit wrong, means he's wrong as everything else stems from that, but you disagree which is fine.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

I didn't think Brexit could get any worse on 16:47 - Jun 4 with 2202 viewswkj

Regardless on the validity, the claims about the NHS were a huge integral part of the decision making process for the EU withdrawal referendum, this is just a really cruel twist of fate that were here now, potentially facing a scenario even further from the big claim on the bus.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

I didn't think Brexit could get any worse on 17:03 - Jun 4 with 2174 viewsLeoMuff

I didn't think Brexit could get any worse on 16:47 - Jun 4 by wkj

Regardless on the validity, the claims about the NHS were a huge integral part of the decision making process for the EU withdrawal referendum, this is just a really cruel twist of fate that were here now, potentially facing a scenario even further from the big claim on the bus.

Listening to a trade deal negotiator on 5 live yesterday, saying that this isn’t a maybe, we will not get a trade deal with the US without opening up pharma pricing to US companies ax our position is so weak.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

I didn't think Brexit could get any worse on 17:06 - Jun 4 with 2166 viewsNo9

US Trade secretary Wilbur Ross-
https://www.ft.com/content/92ad2ee0-c309-11e7-a1d2-6786f39ef675
I didn't think Brexit could get any worse on 17:09 - Jun 4 with 2157 viewsGuthrum

I didn't think Brexit could get any worse on 17:03 - Jun 4 by LeoMuff

Listening to a trade deal negotiator on 5 live yesterday, saying that this isn’t a maybe, we will not get a trade deal with the US without opening up pharma pricing to US companies ax our position is so weak.

From a US perspective, they'd be daft not to insist on it. And the current administratin are unlikely to take a soft approach.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

I didn't think Brexit could get any worse on 17:16 - Jun 4 with 2130 viewswkj

I didn't think Brexit could get any worse on 17:03 - Jun 4 by LeoMuff

Going into the withdrawal vote I had many questions about the EU and how it did things but I voted remain because of the fear of the unknown. Although I can't say I entertained this possibility it is certainly one of the unknowns I don't like very much.

Crybaby

Login to get fewer ads

I didn't think Brexit could get any worse on 17:18 - Jun 4 with 2122 viewsJ2BLUE

May's answer is interesting Does anyone think she would have answered like that if she wasn't leaving? She's openly admitting the NHS would be on the table, possibly to stick it to the people rushing to take her job.

I have no idea how anyone can still support Brexit. The neon warning lights are flashing.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

I didn't think Brexit could get any worse on 17:21 - Jun 4 with 2108 viewswkj

I didn't think Brexit could get any worse on 17:18 - Jun 4 by J2BLUE

May's answer is interesting Does anyone think she would have answered like that if she wasn't leaving? She's openly admitting the NHS would be on the table, possibly to stick it to the people rushing to take her job.

I have no idea how anyone can still support Brexit. The neon warning lights are flashing.

May will be finished with politics after this I am sure. If any of her actions are seen as odd now they are probably more aimed toward landing herself a decent job in the private sector much like Cameron and George Vokdermort have now. I doubt she really cares to stick it to the tory party as they're not done ripping themselves up just yet.

Crybaby

I didn't think Brexit could get any worse on 17:29 - Jun 4 with 2090 viewsTJS

Does this actually mean US firms providing services to / being involved in running the NHS or just being able to supply pharmaceutical products to the NHS ?
I didn't think Brexit could get any worse on 17:31 - Jun 4 with 2076 viewsLeoMuff

I didn't think Brexit could get any worse on 17:16 - Jun 4 by wkj

Going into the withdrawal vote I had many questions about the EU and how it did things but I voted remain because of the fear of the unknown. Although I can't say I entertained this possibility it is certainly one of the unknowns I don't like very much.

not only did he say the NHS will definitely be on the table but to get a deal with the US we would probably have to agree to no deal with someone like China.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

I didn't think Brexit could get any worse on 17:35 - Jun 4 with 2062 viewswkj

I didn't think Brexit could get any worse on 17:31 - Jun 4 by LeoMuff

not only did he say the NHS will definitely be on the table but to get a deal with the US we would probably have to agree to no deal with someone like China.

Smh... Oh well... At the end of the day we took back control so there is that at least.

Crybaby

I didn't think Brexit could get any worse on 17:38 - Jun 4 with 2051 viewsGuthrum

I didn't think Brexit could get any worse on 17:31 - Jun 4 by LeoMuff

We would certainly get caught in the middle of that trade war. Do we sacrifice investment in overpriced power stations for chlorinated chicken?

I didn't think Brexit could get any worse on 17:39 - Jun 4 with 2046 viewsGuthrum

I didn't think Brexit could get any worse on 17:35 - Jun 4 by wkj

Smh... Oh well... At the end of the day we took back control so there is that at least.

Altho we may have to re-house unwanted former militants for the US ...

I didn't think Brexit could get any worse on 17:45 - Jun 4 with 2021 viewsBlueBadger

I didn't think Brexit could get any worse on 17:29 - Jun 4 by TJS

Does this actually mean US firms providing services to / being involved in running the NHS or just being able to supply pharmaceutical products to the NHS ?

All of the above, plus a lifting of restrictions on advertising prescription medications and the ability to take legal action should contracts NOT be awarded to the private sector.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

I didn't think Brexit could get any worse on 17:52 - Jun 4 with 1990 viewsBlueBadger

I didn't think Brexit could get any worse on 17:06 - Jun 4 by No9

US Trade secretary Wilbur Ross-
https://www.ft.com/content/92ad2ee0-c309-11e7-a1d2-6786f39ef675

I look forward to BDS telling us why this flavour of neo-liberalism is defineitly much, much better than EU neo-liberalism.
[Post edited 4 Jun 2019 17:58]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

I didn't think Brexit could get any worse on 19:08 - Jun 4 with 1890 viewsNthsuffolkblue

It was always something the remain campaign was warning about. As was the problem with the Irish border which still can't be settled after 3 years of trying.

However, all the remain warnings were considered scaremongering and the leave claims were weighed as having equal validity. The quote was "we have had enough of experts".

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

I didn't think Brexit could get any worse on 19:39 - Jun 4 with 1842 viewsronnyd

Had a Google earlier at what the CITA and TTIP trade agreements between the EU and US were about and it looks like we could be in the mire Remaining or Brexiting. Can,t link, but worth a look as you get both sides of the implications. The War on Want slant is very anti. Edit, the CITA is between EU and Canada.
[Post edited 4 Jun 2019 19:51]
I didn't think Brexit could get any worse on 19:47 - Jun 4 with 1823 viewsgordon

Will be great to see what sectors we have to throw under the Brexit bus when we come to do deals with China, India, Korea and Brazil et al.
I didn't think Brexit could get any worse on 19:53 - Jun 4 with 1809 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

I didn't think Brexit could get any worse on 19:39 - Jun 4 by ronnyd

Had a Google earlier at what the CITA and TTIP trade agreements between the EU and US were about and it looks like we could be in the mire Remaining or Brexiting. Can,t link, but worth a look as you get both sides of the implications. The War on Want slant is very anti. Edit, the CITA is between EU and Canada.

https://waronwant.org/what-ceta
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/may/30/ttip-trade-deal-agreements

In answer to Badger sh1t flavoured ice cream with sprinkles on still ends up tasting of sh1t.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

I didn't think Brexit could get any worse on 20:24 - Jun 4 with 1766 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

I didn't think Brexit could get any worse on 19:39 - Jun 4 by ronnyd

This is the really toxic bit....say as a nation we decided to nationalise a sector this agreement means that multinationals can sue us!

"CETA includes the toxic investor-state dispute settlement (ISDS) mechanism, which allows companies to sue governments over any new law or policy that might reduce their profits in future. In a public consultation held in Europe, over 97% of respondents rejected the introduction of this new power for business. Yet the EU has gone ahead with it anyway, and CETA will introduce ISDS not only for Canadian companies but also for any US firms with offices in Canada (which is most of them)."

To see how ISDS subverts democracy watch the video here....
http://www.golemxiv.co.uk/2015/03/two-videos-one-politics-one-philosophy-2/

I didn't think Brexit could get any worse on 20:31 - Jun 4 with 1734 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

I didn't think Brexit could get any worse on 17:52 - Jun 4 by BlueBadger

I look forward to BDS telling us why this flavour of neo-liberalism is defineitly much, much better than EU neo-liberalism.
[Post edited 4 Jun 2019 17:58]

Have a watch of the video and articles linked above and get back to me on who/what the EU serves.

I didn't think Brexit could get any worse on 04:41 - Jun 5 with 1582 viewsBlueBadger

I didn't think Brexit could get any worse on 19:08 - Jun 4 by Nthsuffolkblue

It was always something the remain campaign was warning about. As was the problem with the Irish border which still can't be settled after 3 years of trying.

However, all the remain warnings were considered scaremongering and the leave claims were weighed as having equal validity. The quote was "we have had enough of experts".

Brexit will clearly be the saving of the NHS as the 52% who voted to get shot of experts will no longer be wanting to seek help from people who know what they're talking about, after all..

I didn't think Brexit could get any worse on 06:41 - Jun 5 with 1545 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

I didn't think Brexit could get any worse on 04:41 - Jun 5 by BlueBadger

Brexit will clearly be the saving of the NHS as the 52% who voted to get shot of experts will no longer be wanting to seek help from people who know what they're talking about, after all..

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comprehensive_Economic_and_Trade_Agreement
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Investor-state_dispute_settlement

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024