Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trump’s “Fake News” 09:16 - Jun 6 with 1470 viewsBlueNomad

A question for those of you who are Stateside. Have the media reported the London protests against Trump’s visit or have they ignored them, thereby reinforcing his claim?
Trump’s “Fake News” on 09:46 - Jun 6 with 1413 viewsSwansea_Blue

I'm not stateside, but they've been reported

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/06/04/world/gallery/anti-trump-protests-uk-state-vi

He doesn't need evidence to support his claim though, he'll just make it anyway and dismiss anything he doesn't like. And his supporters will believe him, even though there's picture and video evidence to the contrary. #cult

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Trump’s “Fake News” on 09:54 - Jun 6 with 1391 viewsMookamoo

Not sure CNN or Colbert count as they've been after Trump from day 1 but its still funny to watch

Trump’s “Fake News” on 10:01 - Jun 6 with 1364 viewsBlueNomad

Trump’s “Fake News” on 09:46 - Jun 6 by Swansea_Blue

I'm not stateside, but they've been reported

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/06/04/world/gallery/anti-trump-protests-uk-state-vi

He doesn't need evidence to support his claim though, he'll just make it anyway and dismiss anything he doesn't like. And his supporters will believe him, even though there's picture and video evidence to the contrary. #cult

Goebbels would be proud of him. It’s 1984 coming true
Trump’s “Fake News” on 13:02 - Jun 6 with 1265 viewsIllinoisblue

A key difference, I think, is that there’s no real national media in the same way as there is in the UK. The US is too big, too different, for there to be a consistent “this is the main story of the day”. Local press and local TV is where it’s at. Think back to when Trump was campaigning and he mocked that disabled journalist by doing the shaky hand movements. Imagine if a UK politician did that. They’d be out on their ass before the tabloids had even hit the shops.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Trump’s “Fake News” on 14:47 - Jun 6 with 1165 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

They were reported, yes.
Trump’s “Fake News” on 14:52 - Jun 6 with 1160 viewsSpruceMoose

Aye. They've been reported.

The people I interact with here seem, in the main, hugely embarrassed by it all.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Trump’s “Fake News” on 15:27 - Jun 6 with 1118 viewsSE1blue

The Canadian news channels have enjoyed covering the visit.

They were especially amused by Trumps spat with Khan and have shown footage of the protests.

The channel CP24 do not try to hide their dislike of him at all.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Trump’s “Fake News” on 15:40 - Jun 6 with 1080 viewsunstableblue

Trump’s “Fake News” on 15:27 - Jun 6 by SE1blue

The Canadian news channels have enjoyed covering the visit.

They were especially amused by Trumps spat with Khan and have shown footage of the protests.

The channel CP24 do not try to hide their dislike of him at all.

Did they show the Irish Prime Minister just sitting there WTF, when Trump started related his Mexican border and wall with the Irish border....

Lest we forget:

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Login to get fewer ads

Trump’s “Fake News” on 16:20 - Jun 6 with 1035 viewsSE1blue

Trump’s “Fake News” on 15:40 - Jun 6 by unstableblue

Did they show the Irish Prime Minister just sitting there WTF, when Trump started related his Mexican border and wall with the Irish border....

Lest we forget:

haha no. Didn't see that.

They did pick up on Trump describing global warming as "a change in the weather".

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Trump’s “Fake News” on 16:54 - Jun 6 with 986 viewsBLUEBEAT

I’m based in Williamsburg for a few days and 3 people so far have talked to me about political stuff. Only 1 was a Trumpet (well off white guy).

All 3 obviously aware of his UK visit and protests.

All 3 aware of Brexit and hope it will see closer connections between US/UK.

None of them were aware of our wonderful NHS.

Poll: W or W

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024