Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
All you budding Patrick Moore or Dara O'Briain types... 13:48 - Jul 9 with 1300 viewsPendejo

The rings of Sat-urn [as pronounced by Prof. Brian Cox] to be visible Tuesday

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/techandscience/far-out-saturn-will-be-nearby-on-t

I have, I'm sure, see the rings thru a telescope before
[Post edited 9 Jul 2019 13:48]

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

All you budding Patrick Moore or Dara O'Briain types... on 14:02 - Jul 9 with 1263 viewsStokieBlue

You might even see them through binoculars but if you have anything above a 5 inch telescope you'll get a good view.

Might give it a go later if it's clear and see if I can get a picture - it's a bit of a struggle in London though. Much clearer from Ipswich.

Certainly unlikely to see the Cassini Division in London without a big scope.

SB
[Post edited 9 Jul 2019 14:04]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

All you budding Patrick Moore or Dara O'Briain types... on 14:04 - Jul 9 with 1253 viewsfooters

All you budding Patrick Moore or Dara O'Briain types... on 14:02 - Jul 9 by StokieBlue

You might even see them through binoculars but if you have anything above a 5 inch telescope you'll get a good view.

Might give it a go later if it's clear and see if I can get a picture - it's a bit of a struggle in London though. Much clearer from Ipswich.

Certainly unlikely to see the Cassini Division in London without a big scope.

SB
[Post edited 9 Jul 2019 14:04]

Is yours bigger than five inches, SB?
[Post edited 9 Jul 2019 14:05]

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

All you budding Patrick Moore or Dara O'Briain types... on 14:18 - Jul 9 with 1227 viewsStokieBlue

All you budding Patrick Moore or Dara O'Briain types... on 14:04 - Jul 9 by footers

Is yours bigger than five inches, SB?
[Post edited 9 Jul 2019 14:05]

You not even going to buy me a bottle of wine before such impertinent questions?

SB

All you budding Patrick Moore or Dara O'Briain types... on 14:22 - Jul 9 with 1222 viewsfooters

All you budding Patrick Moore or Dara O'Briain types... on 14:18 - Jul 9 by StokieBlue

You not even going to buy me a bottle of wine before such impertinent questions?

SB

Maybe a bottle of Fulop for the ITFC connection. Don't think I don't notice these things ;)

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

All you budding Patrick Moore or Dara O'Briain types... on 14:23 - Jul 9 with 1227 viewsDyland

I saw Saturn through the Orwell Park Observatory telescope when I was a nipper, it had quite a profound effect on me. A trip organised by the EADT holiday kids club thing back in the day... or I think it was organised by EADT anyway...

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

All you budding Patrick Moore or Dara O'Briain types... on 14:29 - Jul 9 with 1210 viewsStokieBlue

All you budding Patrick Moore or Dara O'Briain types... on 14:22 - Jul 9 by footers

Maybe a bottle of Fulop for the ITFC connection. Don't think I don't notice these things ;)

Well played!

SB

All you budding Patrick Moore or Dara O'Briain types... on 14:33 - Jul 9 with 1202 viewsGeoffSentence

I'll be taking a peek if these blessed clouds dissipate.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

All you budding Patrick Moore or Dara O'Briain types... on 15:26 - Jul 9 with 1169 viewscatch74

All you budding Patrick Moore or Dara O'Briain types... on 14:23 - Jul 9 by Dyland

I saw Saturn through the Orwell Park Observatory telescope when I was a nipper, it had quite a profound effect on me. A trip organised by the EADT holiday kids club thing back in the day... or I think it was organised by EADT anyway...

Was probably a bit older and on Fuerteventura, guy on a pier had a chunky but small .. telescope.
I was also a little moved by seeing it. Little bright marble with rings - almost like it was alive.
If anyone gets the chance that hasn’t , well worth a peak.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Login to get fewer ads

All you budding Patrick Moore or Dara O'Briain types... on 18:08 - Jul 9 with 1094 viewsfactual_blue

All you budding Patrick Moore or Dara O'Briain types... on 14:23 - Jul 9 by Dyland

Was there a fire engine around? If not, it wasn't the EADT.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

All you budding Patrick Moore or Dara O'Briain types... on 21:13 - Jul 9 with 1040 viewsMeadowlark

The rings are often quite visible but if the planet is aligned such that the rings are edge-on to us then they cannot be seen. If that was what you were asking?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024