Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Best argument I've yet heard for a "people's vote" - 23:22 - Sep 22 with 1503 viewsRyorry

Poll: Time of the annunciation

Best argument I've yet heard for a "people's vote" - on 23:31 - Sep 22 with 1451 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Well apart from if you waited 3 years before acting on a perceived need for war you may have missed the boat that is genius!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

Best argument I've yet heard for a "people's vote" - on 23:32 - Sep 22 with 1444 viewsfactual_blue

Most of them would, as they'd like the idea of killing foreigners.

And We Have An Empire.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Best argument I've yet heard for a "people's vote" - on 23:34 - Sep 22 with 1437 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Best argument I've yet heard for a "people's vote" - on 23:31 - Sep 22 by BanksterDebtSlave

Well apart from if you waited 3 years before acting on a perceived need for war you may have missed the boat that is genius!

But you can't argue that we haven't waited 3 years. The reason we have waited is because no one was clear on what was meant by Brexit in the first place.

Cameron ran away, May simply said, "Brexit means Brexit" and Rees-Mogg said we could have 2 referendums to sort out whether we wanted to leave once we knew what the deal was.

What a mess. The only ones who really fear a confirmatory referendum are those who shout loudest that they "won". I wonder why.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Best argument I've yet heard for a "people's vote" - on 23:42 - Sep 22 with 1435 viewsGuthrum

Best argument I've yet heard for a "people's vote" - on 23:31 - Sep 22 by BanksterDebtSlave

Or rather spent three years shouting "War means war", faffing about organising irrelevant street parties (which got rained on), not actually deciding where or who to attack until a few months before D-Day, when they came up with some convoluted plan which even most of their own side disagreed with, before finally discovering they can't even organise the troops to get that into action.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Best argument I've yet heard for a "people's vote" - on 23:45 - Sep 22 with 1419 viewsRyorry

Best argument I've yet heard for a "people's vote" - on 23:42 - Sep 22 by Guthrum

Or rather spent three years shouting "War means war", faffing about organising irrelevant street parties (which got rained on), not actually deciding where or who to attack until a few months before D-Day, when they came up with some convoluted plan which even most of their own side disagreed with, before finally discovering they can't even organise the troops to get that into action.

Logged back in just to give that an uppie - brilliant work (esp at nearly midnight, which is quite fitting really ...)

Poll: Time of the annunciation

Best argument I've yet heard for a "people's vote" - on 23:58 - Sep 22 with 1400 viewsfactual_blue

Best argument I've yet heard for a "people's vote" - on 23:42 - Sep 22 by Guthrum

the bit starting 'faffing about...' pretty much sums up Operation Market Garden.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Best argument I've yet heard for a "people's vote" - on 08:52 - Sep 23 with 1192 viewsGuthrum

Best argument I've yet heard for a "people's vote" - on 23:58 - Sep 22 by factual_blue

the bit starting 'faffing about...' pretty much sums up Operation Market Garden.

About the same levels of wishful thinking were involved as with the Brexit imbroglio.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Best argument I've yet heard for a "people's vote" - on 09:11 - Sep 23 with 1155 viewschicoazul

Blair would.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Login to get fewer ads

Best argument I've yet heard for a "people's vote" - on 10:18 - Sep 23 with 1104 viewsBlueBadger

Best argument I've yet heard for a "people's vote" - on 23:34 - Sep 22 by Nthsuffolkblue

But you can't argue that we haven't waited 3 years. The reason we have waited is because no one was clear on what was meant by Brexit in the first place.

Cameron ran away, May simply said, "Brexit means Brexit" and Rees-Mogg said we could have 2 referendums to sort out whether we wanted to leave once we knew what the deal was.

What a mess. The only ones who really fear a confirmatory referendum are those who shout loudest that they "won". I wonder why.

I wonder what it is they've won.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Best argument I've yet heard for a "people's vote" - on 10:25 - Sep 23 with 1086 viewsDarth_Koont

Although, to continue the analogy, we'd also have highly motivated and heavily funded populist campaigners saying that Iraqis were a threat to our way of life, they were ushering in Islamism/Sharia law, they're a disease that needs to be controlled before it spreads etc.

So not as straightforward as that. I also think Brexit is way too connected to Britishness for people to detach themselves from it even using facts/evidence. It's a purely emotional and irrational argument for many.

Pronouns: He/Him

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024