Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Boris proposals... predictably lame? 15:21 - Oct 2 with 1323 viewssparks

Essentially a border in the Irish sea which was considered a problem previously. Then get around the good friday issue by gaving stormont vote on it and have autonomy to withdraw that would be the stormont which hasnt sat or functioned for a very lengthy period....

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Boris proposals... predictably lame? on 15:29 - Oct 2 with 1280 viewsSpruceMoose

Hard Brexit or delay then. It would be good to know what the DUP have been bribed with this time too.

Wish I knew which so I could decide if I'm going to Last Baron's Big Brexit bash or not.
[Post edited 2 Oct 2019 15:31]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Boris proposals... predictably lame? on 15:44 - Oct 2 with 1241 viewsFtnfwest

hopefully on the last point it would at least give the parties an incentive to get their act together
Boris proposals... predictably lame? on 15:48 - Oct 2 with 1226 viewsblueislander

EU won’t accept it, so Boris can claim that it is all their fault, and everyone who wants Brexit will agree with him. I wonder if he will persuade any EU government to veto an extension to our leaving? If not it is probably back to the Supreme Court.
Boris proposals... predictably lame? on 15:49 - Oct 2 with 1221 viewsSpruceMoose

Boris proposals... predictably lame? on 15:48 - Oct 2 by blueislander

EU won’t accept it, so Boris can claim that it is all their fault, and everyone who wants Brexit will agree with him. I wonder if he will persuade any EU government to veto an extension to our leaving? If not it is probably back to the Supreme Court.

Going by their statement it doesn't look like the DUP read the deal in the slightest before backing it...

[Post edited 2 Oct 2019 15:49]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Boris proposals... predictably lame? on 15:57 - Oct 2 with 1190 viewsSpruceMoose

"Visitors to the executive suites floor of the Midland Hotel in Manchester, where the government’s top people held court this week, have been told there is already an expectation that we will soon be in the next phase of this crisis: Boris Johnson refusing to sign the letter requesting a Brexit delay as required by the Benn Act.

No. 10 sources say that they then expect that issue to go to the High Court on 21st October and the supreme court a couple of days later. (The government’s favoured date for a general election is said to be 28th November — there is “a real keenness” not to have an election in December, no. 10 sources have said.)"

https://www.channel4.com/news/by/gary-gibbon/blogs/brexit-proposal-sinking-on-la

Boris proposals... predictably lame? on 17:06 - Oct 2 with 1090 viewssparks

Boris proposals... predictably lame? on 15:57 - Oct 2 by SpruceMoose

"Visitors to the executive suites floor of the Midland Hotel in Manchester, where the government’s top people held court this week, have been told there is already an expectation that we will soon be in the next phase of this crisis: Boris Johnson refusing to sign the letter requesting a Brexit delay as required by the Benn Act.

No. 10 sources say that they then expect that issue to go to the High Court on 21st October and the supreme court a couple of days later. (The government’s favoured date for a general election is said to be 28th November — there is “a real keenness” not to have an election in December, no. 10 sources have said.)"

https://www.channel4.com/news/by/gary-gibbon/blogs/brexit-proposal-sinking-on-la

I would expect it to be fast tracked to the Supreme Court.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)

Boris proposals... predictably lame? on 17:20 - Oct 2 with 1051 viewsPinewoodblue

Lame, likely to be rejected but probably the best he could come up with.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Boris proposals... predictably lame? on 17:22 - Oct 2 with 1045 viewsfooters

Boris proposals... predictably lame? on 17:20 - Oct 2 by Pinewoodblue

Lame, likely to be rejected but probably the best he could come up with.

"probably the best he could come up with"

That's damning with faint praise if ever I heard it.

footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Login to get fewer ads

Boris proposals... predictably lame? on 17:24 - Oct 2 with 1037 viewssparks

Boris proposals... predictably lame? on 17:22 - Oct 2 by footers

"probably the best he could come up with"

That's damning with faint praise if ever I heard it.

Putting aside all the big problems...

The very fact that its reliant on Stormont, which collapsed almost 3 years ago and shows no signs of being reconvened, appears somewhat problematic.

Boris proposals... predictably lame? on 17:29 - Oct 2 with 1019 viewsfooters

Boris proposals... predictably lame? on 17:24 - Oct 2 by sparks

Putting aside all the big problems...

The very fact that its reliant on Stormont, which collapsed almost 3 years ago and shows no signs of being reconvened, appears somewhat problematic.

But I like him and Jacob :) It's like Brideshead Revisited or sumfing. Javid and Patel add a touch of colonial charm too.

footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024