Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Heading for home. 18:12 - Feb 8 with 1777 viewsPecker

Disappointed, yet a bit encouraged. Much better performance after the last 2 games. Lamberts substitutions were a bit baffling. I am guessing Donacien had a knock. The encouraging thing is we kept going. There was no collapsing this week. Even after their goal, we kept going. Fantastic away support as always. Not sure how many, but we made a hell of a noise. Just as a side note, The Stadium Of Light is a fantastic stadium, but I preferred Roker Park for atmosphere.
Heading for home. on 18:24 - Feb 8 with 1714 viewsFixed_It

Thanks for keeping your pecker up!
Disappointing result but some encouraging aspects to the performance. We just need to score some goals when on top.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Heading for home. on 18:30 - Feb 8 with 1659 viewsHerbivore

I admire your optimism but today was our season in microcosm. We play well for half a game but can't change it once the opposition get on top. We can play neatly at times but we don't score. We always give the opposition chances and they usually take at least one.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Heading for home. on 18:33 - Feb 8 with 1632 viewsJDB23

I could understand some encouragement if this game was taken in isolation however, this has happened all season long with no sign of it being addressed. Don't see how we're magically going to change it in the space of a few games.
Heading for home. on 18:34 - Feb 8 with 1616 viewsMrTown

We are p*ss poor.

Ability of the players is appalling.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Heading for home. on 18:43 - Feb 8 with 1572 viewsCoco

Heading for home. on 18:24 - Feb 8 by Fixed_It

Thanks for keeping your pecker up!
Disappointing result but some encouraging aspects to the performance. We just need to score some goals when on top.

Hopefully we can strengthen in that department in the January transfer window.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Heading for home. on 19:11 - Feb 8 with 1480 viewsOxford_Blue

Have a safe journey and well done for going.
Heading for home. on 19:58 - Feb 8 with 1323 viewsPecker

Heading for home. on 19:11 - Feb 8 by Oxford_Blue

Have a safe journey and well done for going.

Nearly half way. Been reflecting on todays game. Sunderland away was always going to be one of the toughest away games, so we did alright. I think today might be the turning point.
Heading for home. on 20:33 - Feb 8 with 1209 viewspeterleeblue

Heading for home. on 19:58 - Feb 8 by Pecker

Nearly half way. Been reflecting on todays game. Sunderland away was always going to be one of the toughest away games, so we did alright. I think today might be the turning point.

Really I thought we started well for first half an hour
Yet for all the good play we created one genuine 1 on 1 which the keeper just got a hand to.
In the 2nd half Sunderland had the better of the game whilst Ipswich just didnt turn up. A complete no show.
As a team we look reasonably balanced and have good physical presence. If we are playing 3 at the back the wing backs have to do better. Kenlock in particular offered very little. Norwood and Keane laboured but had no cutting edge. Norwood in particular probably isn't good enough. We seem to lack pace on the flanks or through the middle. Hopefully we can rally back but it doesn't look good. I've seen Sunderland play better than today and only draw.
The 5 year contract does look baffling. Looks like we are at this level for some time to come.
Login to get fewer ads

Heading for home. on 20:41 - Feb 8 with 1162 viewsBackToRussia

Heading for home. on 19:58 - Feb 8 by Pecker

How can a loss be a turning point? Even if we'd won, it would mean little for the next game. We've no consistency at all.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Heading for home. on 11:17 - Feb 9 with 866 viewsPecker

Heading for home. on 20:41 - Feb 8 by BackToRussia

How can a loss be a turning point? Even if we'd won, it would mean little for the next game. We've no consistency at all.

That is what I meant, this could be the turning point. We played much better as a team. This could be the time to turn this form around. Sunderland away was always going to be one of our hardest away days, so encouraging that we played so well for long spells. Yes we need to take advantage when on top, but hopefully that will come now. Unless Lambert walks, which I cannot see happening, then we are stuck with what we have until the end of the season, so might as well get behind them. No point in constantly slagging players/manager/ owner off. We are Ipswich and we will be top 2 come the end of the season. Believe people. Yesterdays performance was a vast improvement and long may it continue.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024