Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Not particularly helpful from the Chinese foreign ministry 22:30 - Mar 13 with 3062 viewsStokieBlue

It's hard enough keeping conspiracy theories in check without the Chinese foreign ministry promoting them. The comments are just full of people (mostly Chinese) saying the virus is from the US and sent to China - it's ridiculous and instigated by the Chinese authorities. They need to own the practices in the wet markets that allowed this to happen and highlight that they have now been banned.

No doubt a few on here will be right behind the theory.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Not particularly helpful from the Chinese foreign ministry on 22:41 - Mar 13 with 2427 viewsjeera

I've seen some rednecks saying the same thing but the other way around. It's the programming they've been subjected to and taking too many films too seriously.

And then there's some douche saying last night that we [UK] and Europe along with China deserve all we get because of our open border policy and how Trump has been right all along.

This was in the comments of a news item.

It's hard to accept that so many people are so inclined.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Not particularly helpful from the Chinese foreign ministry on 22:42 - Mar 13 with 2412 viewsJ2BLUE

Apparently that guy has form for ridiculous claims.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Not particularly helpful from the Chinese foreign ministry on 22:46 - Mar 13 with 2397 viewsmonytowbray

I saw this earlier and was told that footage has also been trimmed to imply the dates of events are different or something. Although at this point I’d dismissed it as b0llocks anyway. If there were any truth to it the USA would have had a notable outbreak by now if it started there. Unless they’re implying it’s biological warfare? Gulp.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Not particularly helpful from the Chinese foreign ministry on 22:49 - Mar 13 with 2377 viewstractordownsouth

Is this Alex Jones’ Chinese cousin?

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Not particularly helpful from the Chinese foreign ministry on 22:50 - Mar 13 with 2374 viewsStokieBlue

Not particularly helpful from the Chinese foreign ministry on 22:46 - Mar 13 by monytowbray

I saw this earlier and was told that footage has also been trimmed to imply the dates of events are different or something. Although at this point I’d dismissed it as b0llocks anyway. If there were any truth to it the USA would have had a notable outbreak by now if it started there. Unless they’re implying it’s biological warfare? Gulp.

He's implying it's biological warfare and it's utter nonsense which some people will lap up as it fits their narrative. It makes no sense either, covid-19 wouldn't be a good biological weapon given what they have access to.

It's also deflecting away from the fact that this clearly all started due to bad practices in a Chinese wet market. It might even be constructing a narrative to feed their population to explain the draconian measures they took although that might be less likely.

Either way it's misguided and unhelpful.

SB
[Post edited 13 Mar 2020 22:51]

Not particularly helpful from the Chinese foreign ministry on 22:51 - Mar 13 with 2376 viewsjeera

Not particularly helpful from the Chinese foreign ministry on 22:46 - Mar 13 by monytowbray

So the wet market in China was just a fabrication and it's now becoming likely that the outbreak in China was a leak of some sort from a biological plant in the area.

It is becoming clearer by the day.

I really wish I hadn't watched Channel 4 earlier and had stuck with Natural World instead.

Not particularly helpful from the Chinese foreign ministry on 22:58 - Mar 13 with 2328 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Not particularly helpful from the Chinese foreign ministry on 22:50 - Mar 13 by StokieBlue

He's implying it's biological warfare and it's utter nonsense which some people will lap up as it fits their narrative. It makes no sense either, covid-19 wouldn't be a good biological weapon given what they have access to.

It's also deflecting away from the fact that this clearly all started due to bad practices in a Chinese wet market. It might even be constructing a narrative to feed their population to explain the draconian measures they took although that might be less likely.

SB

So many uncertainties about the virus, so much certainty about how it started...when you think about all those non specific viruses of unknown origin what makes you so certain of the cause of this one.
None of this is me supporting the suggestions made in the linked thread but...

" this clearly all started due to bad practices in a Chinese wet market."

...how so certain?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Not particularly helpful from the Chinese foreign ministry on 22:58 - Mar 13 with 2326 viewsjeera

Not particularly helpful from the Chinese foreign ministry on 22:50 - Mar 13 by StokieBlue

SB

A real backwards step when it comes to international relations.

You start to think the world has come on somewhat and attitudes are evolving, then something happens and the finger pointing begins.

Login to get fewer ads

Not particularly helpful from the Chinese foreign ministry on 23:02 - Mar 13 with 2293 viewshomer_123

Not particularly helpful from the Chinese foreign ministry on 22:58 - Mar 13 by BanksterDebtSlave

So many uncertainties about the virus, so much certainty about how it started...when you think about all those non specific viruses of unknown origin what makes you so certain of the cause of this one.

...how so certain?

What's more likely?

Pathogen started by having animals all in one place and together in an environment they wouldn't normally be in or some sinister plot?

Mother nature is way...way more deadly than us.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Not particularly helpful from the Chinese foreign ministry on 23:02 - Mar 13 with 2282 viewsjeera

Not particularly helpful from the Chinese foreign ministry on 22:58 - Mar 13 by BanksterDebtSlave

...how so certain?

I'm pretty sure that's where it was traced to. By their own authorities for a start.

Plenty to sift through:

https://www.google.com/search?source=hp&ei=3hBsXr_iHI3ylwTt2bGgAg&q=wet+food+mar

Not particularly helpful from the Chinese foreign ministry on 23:02 - Mar 13 with 2281 viewsfooters

All new illnesses are created by the [REDACTED] NWO and Thatcher invented ecstasy. Heard it here first.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Not particularly helpful from the Chinese foreign ministry on 23:04 - Mar 13 with 2272 viewsLankHenners

If nothing else I hope the guy who started this enjoyed his 'diseased bat soup'. Otherwise this really will have all been for nothing.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Not particularly helpful from the Chinese foreign ministry on 23:04 - Mar 13 with 2267 viewsStokieBlue

...how so certain?

Seriously, just stop it. There is plenty of evidence including from the Chinese own scientists.

You've really shown yourself up this last week.

SB
[Post edited 13 Mar 2020 23:06]

Not particularly helpful from the Chinese foreign ministry on 23:05 - Mar 13 with 2247 viewsfooters

Not particularly helpful from the Chinese foreign ministry on 23:04 - Mar 13 by LankHenners

If nothing else I hope the guy who started this enjoyed his 'diseased bat soup'. Otherwise this really will have all been for nothing.

Nah, Bolsonaro's got it and met with Trump recently. Win-win.

Not particularly helpful from the Chinese foreign ministry on 23:11 - Mar 13 with 2189 viewsLankHenners

Not particularly helpful from the Chinese foreign ministry on 23:05 - Mar 13 by footers

Nah, Bolsonaro's got it and met with Trump recently. Win-win.

Hmm. Trump's handling of the pandemic leads to a severe drop off in support, the nature of the virus prevents older generations turning out to vote Joe Biden in the Dem Primaries, Bernie Sanders goes on to win both nominations and implements his Medicare4All plan as the Republican senators who would have voted to block it are dead or in isolation, allowing all Americans to access the now-developed vaccine free of charge.

Alright, there's a couple more upsides.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Not particularly helpful from the Chinese foreign ministry on 23:14 - Mar 13 with 2160 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Not particularly helpful from the Chinese foreign ministry on 23:02 - Mar 13 by jeera

I'm pretty sure that's where it was traced to. By their own authorities for a start.

Plenty to sift through:

https://www.google.com/search?source=hp&ei=3hBsXr_iHI3ylwTt2bGgAg&q=wet+food+mar

To save me sifting can you just point me to one that spells it out...that's all I'm looking for before Stokie lures me in with one of his conspiracy theories.

Not particularly helpful from the Chinese foreign ministry on 23:17 - Mar 13 with 2151 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Not particularly helpful from the Chinese foreign ministry on 23:04 - Mar 13 by StokieBlue

Seriously, just stop it. There is plenty of evidence including from the Chinese own scientists.

You've really shown yourself up this last week.

SB
[Post edited 13 Mar 2020 23:06]

You're off again.....some of us have work to do... I just wanted pointing to conclusive evidence as I haven't looked into it!

Not particularly helpful from the Chinese foreign ministry on 23:18 - Mar 13 with 2141 viewsjeera

Not particularly helpful from the Chinese foreign ministry on 23:14 - Mar 13 by BanksterDebtSlave

To save me sifting can you just point me to one that spells it out...that's all I'm looking for before Stokie lures me in with one of his conspiracy theories.

Well it's a tradition that was abruptly halted after the outbreak which tells us what the Chinese authorities believed themselves:

https://www.businessinsider.com/china-bans-wildlife-trade-consumption-coronaviru

They're not exactly the kind of nation to be told what to do.

Not particularly helpful from the Chinese foreign ministry on 23:19 - Mar 13 with 2140 viewsStokieBlue

Not particularly helpful from the Chinese foreign ministry on 23:17 - Mar 13 by BanksterDebtSlave

You're off again.....some of us have work to do... I just wanted pointing to conclusive evidence as I haven't looked into it!

Then why not just say that rather than some faux-edgy post about the source of the virus being unexplained and without evidence. It was clearly read the same way by other posters once again.

It's easier for everyone including yourself if you actually write what you mean rather than having to clarify it in subsequent posts.

SB
[Post edited 13 Mar 2020 23:19]

Not particularly helpful from the Chinese foreign ministry on 23:20 - Mar 13 with 2117 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Not particularly helpful from the Chinese foreign ministry on 23:19 - Mar 13 by StokieBlue

Then why not just say that rather than some faux-edgy post about the source of the virus being unexplained and without evidence. It was clearly read the same way by other posters once again.

It's easier for everyone including yourself if you actually write what you mean rather than having to clarify it in subsequent posts.

SB
[Post edited 13 Mar 2020 23:19]

You think that was edgy!!
So a link for me to digest please.

Edit....I even qualified my post so as not to upset you!
[Post edited 13 Mar 2020 23:22]

Not particularly helpful from the Chinese foreign ministry on 23:28 - Mar 13 with 2061 viewsStokieBlue

Not particularly helpful from the Chinese foreign ministry on 23:20 - Mar 13 by BanksterDebtSlave

You think that was edgy!!
So a link for me to digest please.

Edit....I even qualified my post so as not to upset you!
[Post edited 13 Mar 2020 23:22]

Oh come on - every article including those that came out of China for the last 3 months said this started in a Chinese wet market. All the Chinese scientists said it as well and they even banned the trade - they wouldn't do that without a valid reason.

This all started because the Chinese need to deflect the blame away from the party and the fact their policies have likely caused a recession and a huge hit to the growth of China - that is something that 1.5bn people will want answers for. This article in the Guardian shows the motivation and the progression of the conspiracy theory:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/12/conspiracy-theory-that-coronavirus

“This is a propaganda effort aimed at the domestic audience. Among the Chinese public, there is a general awareness that delays in notifying the public led to many more infections in Wuhan,” said Victor Shih, a politics professor at the University of California, San Diego.

He said: “This campaign is aimed at distracting the public from the party’s delayed response.”

There are loads of papers and sciences articles on the source - you can go look those up yourself.

SB

Not particularly helpful from the Chinese foreign ministry on 23:37 - Mar 13 with 2011 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Not particularly helpful from the Chinese foreign ministry on 23:28 - Mar 13 by StokieBlue

Oh come on - every article including those that came out of China for the last 3 months said this started in a Chinese wet market. All the Chinese scientists said it as well and they even banned the trade - they wouldn't do that without a valid reason.

This all started because the Chinese need to deflect the blame away from the party and the fact their policies have likely caused a recession and a huge hit to the growth of China - that is something that 1.5bn people will want answers for. This article in the Guardian shows the motivation and the progression of the conspiracy theory:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/12/conspiracy-theory-that-coronavirus

“This is a propaganda effort aimed at the domestic audience. Among the Chinese public, there is a general awareness that delays in notifying the public led to many more infections in Wuhan,” said Victor Shih, a politics professor at the University of California, San Diego.

He said: “This campaign is aimed at distracting the public from the party’s delayed response.”

There are loads of papers and sciences articles on the source - you can go look those up yourself.

SB

I have read the one Jeera posted which makes bat poo via an unknown animal to human the likely but not certain route. Not certain though as you claimed....and as I said this isn't to support the other claims.

Not particularly helpful from the Chinese foreign ministry on 23:40 - Mar 13 with 1996 viewshomer_123

Not particularly helpful from the Chinese foreign ministry on 23:17 - Mar 13 by BanksterDebtSlave

Given research in the virus in ongoing 'current' evidence points to Wuhans wet markets:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/03/13/what-coronaviru

https://www.newscientist.com/term/covid-19/

https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/events-as-they-h

Not particularly helpful from the Chinese foreign ministry on 23:41 - Mar 13 with 1996 viewsfooters

Not particularly helpful from the Chinese foreign ministry on 23:37 - Mar 13 by BanksterDebtSlave

I have read the one Jeera posted which makes bat poo via an unknown animal to human the likely but not certain route. Not certain though as you claimed....and as I said this isn't to support the other claims.

Are we ever certain of something, Banksy? Although it's good to be critical of what we're told, etc, in some cases you just have to trust the info from experts and roll with it.

A good MO would be useful. In this case, I really can't see one for what's been happening. Most likely it's a new strain of disease.

Not particularly helpful from the Chinese foreign ministry on 23:41 - Mar 13 with 1989 viewshomer_123

Not particularly helpful from the Chinese foreign ministry on 23:37 - Mar 13 by BanksterDebtSlave

As I posted....what's more likely?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024