Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Not a great Mothers Day for Mother 11:06 - Mar 22 with 2083 viewsLord_Lucan

I’ve put her in isolation. Luckily she lives in a purpose built annexe so I can see her in the garden at a sensible distance every day but it’s not a nice situation. Last night was our final meal together for God knows how long, Rushmere Special kebabs all round for four generations of Lucans — Classy as fcuk!

I thought it was a bit too soon for this drastic action but RKD and my daughter persuaded me otherwise and quite right, they are correct, I was wrong.

Looking at it sensibly we are very lucky to be next door and we have a nice sized garden but it’s still very hard, especially for her who can see but can’t touch her grandson who is also too young to understand. God help all those people not so fortunate or living at distance. I simply can't imagine the torment for those less fortunate.

Look after Mothers.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Not a great Mothers Day for Mother on 11:56 - Mar 22 with 1998 viewsNthsuffolkblue

The best present anyone can give their mothers this mothers day is social isolation.

We can still communicate, pass on gifts, show our love but physical separation is important. Failure to do that means you may well be giving her this horrific illness that mean she would soon be struggling to breathe and possibly to a degree that she would die.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Not a great Mothers Day for Mother on 12:16 - Mar 22 with 1976 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Weird sh1t .... it would almost be easier if she was further away.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Not a great Mothers Day for Mother on 12:40 - Mar 22 with 1959 viewsLord_Lucan

Not a great Mothers Day for Mother on 12:16 - Mar 22 by BanksterDebtSlave

Weird sh1t .... it would almost be easier if she was further away.

Nah!

It's all a bit surreal but when I was having a coffee and chatting to her this morning I realised how lucky we all are.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Not a great Mothers Day for Mother on 13:25 - Mar 22 with 1910 viewsGuthrum

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Not a great Mothers Day for Mother on 17:23 - Mar 22 with 1794 viewsronnyd

My Mum is over 100 and relies on my brother (83) and myself (75) for her, to put no finer point on it, survival. Luckily brother only lives a few hundred yards from her, while i'm 20 miles. We will both continue to visit as normal as long as is possible but will face a hell of a dilemma if more stringent measures are introduced. How the hell can you tell a house bound centurion that you won't be visiting anymore. Would break her heart, and ours.
Not a great Mothers Day for Mother on 20:00 - Mar 22 with 1724 viewsstrikalite

My Mum phoned this morning saying it's best if I don't come round, thing is I had bought some flowers and chocs from me and Sis(lives in US)so really wanted to drop them off, I said I'd keep my distance.........anyway, in the end I let myself into the garage through the front garage door and through the back garage door she passed me a Sunday roast, well I wan't going turn it down was I....

We actually had a good laugh today, she kept coming to the back door asking if I was cold in there, like a bloody comedy act, ridiculous I know..
Not a great Mothers Day for Mother on 20:04 - Mar 22 with 1719 viewsitfcjoe

As an update on mine from thread last night, it was FaceTime all round....

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Not a great Mothers Day for Mother on 20:17 - Mar 22 with 1682 viewsBloomBlue

It's nice she has you/family nextdoor us oldies are a strong crew but we all get nervous and scared and while we have children and grandchildren near who are always coming to see us at the moment Mrs Bloom/I would love to be next door to one of them.
Login to get fewer ads

Not a great Mothers Day for Mother on 22:39 - Mar 22 with 1614 viewsLord_Lucan

Not a great Mothers Day for Mother on 17:23 - Mar 22 by ronnyd

My Mum is over 100 and relies on my brother (83) and myself (75) for her, to put no finer point on it, survival. Luckily brother only lives a few hundred yards from her, while i'm 20 miles. We will both continue to visit as normal as long as is possible but will face a hell of a dilemma if more stringent measures are introduced. How the hell can you tell a house bound centurion that you won't be visiting anymore. Would break her heart, and ours.

Incredible stuff Ronny.

Not a great Mothers Day for Mother on 22:40 - Mar 22 with 1606 viewsLord_Lucan

Not a great Mothers Day for Mother on 20:17 - Mar 22 by BloomBlue

It's nice she has you/family nextdoor us oldies are a strong crew but we all get nervous and scared and while we have children and grandchildren near who are always coming to see us at the moment Mrs Bloom/I would love to be next door to one of them.

Take care Bloom

Not a great Mothers Day for Mother on 22:47 - Mar 22 with 1588 viewsurbanblue

Did you listen to the new Billy Bragg track I posted? I thought of your situation when I heard it.

Best wishes to you and yours Mate.
[Post edited 22 Mar 2020 22:48]
Not a great Mothers Day for Mother on 22:50 - Mar 22 with 1577 viewsWeWereZombies

Not a great Mothers Day for Mother on 17:23 - Mar 22 by ronnyd

I wonder if there should be some more detailed rules for situations like yours, an opportunity for two to self isolate together? If this unofficial lockdown carries on, or becomes official, for a couple of months or more there are going tp be untold social problems resulting from isolation, melancholia, introversion and neglect. I hope there are NHS teams working on this.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Not a great Mothers Day for Mother on 23:01 - Mar 22 with 1545 viewsvapour_trail

Not a great Mothers Day for Mother on 12:40 - Mar 22 by Lord_Lucan

Nah!

It's all a bit surreal but when I was having a coffee and chatting to her this morning I realised how lucky we all are.

This made me smile today

All on the phone and face time at our gaff today.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Not a great Mothers Day for Mother on 23:02 - Mar 22 with 1540 viewsLord_Lucan

Not a great Mothers Day for Mother on 22:47 - Mar 22 by urbanblue

Did you listen to the new Billy Bragg track I posted? I thought of your situation when I heard it.

Best wishes to you and yours Mate.
[Post edited 22 Mar 2020 22:48]

I'm just watching a late night Curb and then hitting the sack, I'll have a listen tomorrow.

Cheers

Not a great Mothers Day for Mother on 23:27 - Mar 22 with 1487 viewsCoastalblue

Not a great Mothers Day for Mother on 23:02 - Mar 22 by Lord_Lucan

I'm just watching a late night Curb and then hitting the sack, I'll have a listen tomorrow.

Cheers

Did you get the internet/TV thing sorted out in the end? Not that I can do much to help now!

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Not a great Mothers Day for Mother on 08:35 - Mar 23 with 1375 viewsLord_Lucan

Not a great Mothers Day for Mother on 23:27 - Mar 22 by Coastalblue

Did you get the internet/TV thing sorted out in the end? Not that I can do much to help now!

It seems to have miraculously sorted itself out, her Sky just drops out about once a week and we simply reboot.

I have also put her own broadband in so all her millions of other devices now attach to that.

Just before her lockdown she had new hearing aids fitted that bluetooth to the TV and her phone so she can actually hear well for the first time in ages, the sound from her devices go straight into her ear. When her phone rings so do her ears, she is now 75% robot.

Not a great Mothers Day for Mother on 09:49 - Mar 23 with 1332 viewsWeWereZombies

Not a great Mothers Day for Mother on 08:35 - Mar 23 by Lord_Lucan

It seems to have miraculously sorted itself out, her Sky just drops out about once a week and we simply reboot.

I have also put her own broadband in so all her millions of other devices now attach to that.

Just before her lockdown she had new hearing aids fitted that bluetooth to the TV and her phone so she can actually hear well for the first time in ages, the sound from her devices go straight into her ear. When her phone rings so do her ears, she is now 75% robot.

'she is now 75% robot' - I know that feeling but prefer to think of as getting more like the Bionic Man as I grow older. It sounds like you are doing a grand job of looking after her, just watch out for that HAL conversation...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024