Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
GAMERS! Open World/Fallout Style.. 10:10 - Mar 25 with 3176 viewsSwailsey

Help me fill my evenings/lunch breaks on PS4 + an old XBOX 360.

I'm looking for games that are similar to Fallout (i.e. open world, choice based) - a new life to get lost in.

I've Played:
Fallout 3
Fallout NV
Fallout 4
RDR II
Outer Worlds
Far Cry 5 + New Dawn
Far Cry 4 (currently playing through but anticipating the end)
South Park FBW
South Park SoT

Exploring
Making a home
Choices
Crafting
Collecting
Looting

Dislikes:
Linear story-lines
Unnecessarily animal killing
P2P

Help my brain, which in turn helps you, because it will keep me from here

Thankies.
[Post edited 25 Mar 2020 10:21]

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

GAMERS! Open World/Fallout Style.. on 10:25 - Mar 25 with 3128 viewsSarge

Skyrim? Probably the most similar to Fallout I’d have thought
GAMERS! Open World/Fallout Style.. on 10:37 - Mar 25 with 3091 viewsSwailsey

GAMERS! Open World/Fallout Style.. on 10:25 - Mar 25 by Sarge

Skyrim? Probably the most similar to Fallout I’d have thought

Oh good shout. For some reason I've never played it.

Does it still have the immersion factor/meeting people etc?

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

GAMERS! Open World/Fallout Style.. on 10:59 - Mar 25 with 3062 viewsEnigma_Blue

The assassin's creed franchise has recently evolved into more of an RPG Experience. I played AC Origins which I wouldn't describe as a full on RPG, but had RPG elements such as leveling up, loot, upgrading your armour & weapons. It was a massive game though & Ancient Egypt is a great setting for an open world game.
I haven't played the most recent AC game Odyssey set in Ancient Greece but I have heard that it is even more of an RPG experience, with choices having an impact and branching story lines. It's also meant to be an even bigger game world than Origins.
[Post edited 25 Mar 2020 11:03]
GAMERS! Open World/Fallout Style.. on 11:01 - Mar 25 with 3056 viewsSarge

GAMERS! Open World/Fallout Style.. on 10:37 - Mar 25 by Swailsey

Oh good shout. For some reason I've never played it.

Does it still have the immersion factor/meeting people etc?

Yeah it’s pretty much exactly the same as Fallout but with a different texture pack (medieval feel rather than 50s Americana)
GAMERS! Open World/Fallout Style.. on 11:02 - Mar 25 with 3052 viewsDropCliffsNotBombs

GAMERS! Open World/Fallout Style.. on 10:59 - Mar 25 by Enigma_Blue

The assassin's creed franchise has recently evolved into more of an RPG Experience. I played AC Origins which I wouldn't describe as a full on RPG, but had RPG elements such as leveling up, loot, upgrading your armour & weapons. It was a massive game though & Ancient Egypt is a great setting for an open world game.
I haven't played the most recent AC game Odyssey set in Ancient Greece but I have heard that it is even more of an RPG experience, with choices having an impact and branching story lines. It's also meant to be an even bigger game world than Origins.
[Post edited 25 Mar 2020 11:03]

Odyssey is excellent and definitely more choice-based than origins.

Everybody raves about Witcher Wild Hunt and I'll give it time, but I'm not that fussed about it so far a few hours in.
GAMERS! Open World/Fallout Style.. on 12:38 - Mar 25 with 3010 viewsOhDavidMcgoldrick

Horizon zero dawn sounds exactly what you are looking for

Poll: Should Lambert be sacked today?

GAMERS! Open World/Fallout Style.. on 12:52 - Mar 25 with 2999 viewsSuperblue95

A bit left field and doesn’t meet all of your criteria but Life is Strange is half decent. Story can go numerous ways based on the decisions you make (even things that seem insignificant). There’s collectibles in the form of different photo locations you have to find (bad decisions can prevent you getting these also). Storyline is decent and has some plot twists and at the end of each chapter it compares the choices you made with choices your friends/rest of the world made.

Few spin offs of the game too but I haven’t played those. Might not appeal to you but nobody else was likely to suggest it so gives you more choice
[Post edited 25 Mar 2020 12:53]

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

GAMERS! Open World/Fallout Style.. on 13:25 - Mar 25 with 2951 viewsDecoy_Octopus

The Witcher 3?
Login to get fewer ads

GAMERS! Open World/Fallout Style.. on 14:00 - Mar 25 with 2934 viewsSwailsey

All great shouts and adding them to the list - thanks all.

I have played Life is Strange actually and really enjoyed it - forgot about it. Picked up Before the Storm too - but kinda timed out of it.

Have head Bioshock and Mass Effect may be worth getting too?

GAMERS! Open World/Fallout Style.. on 14:05 - Mar 25 with 2928 viewsDecoy_Octopus

Slightly different tangent on 'open world' but what about No Man's Sky, or even Elite Dangerous?
GAMERS! Open World/Fallout Style.. on 14:22 - Mar 25 with 2909 viewsSwansea_Blue

GAMERS! Open World/Fallout Style.. on 11:02 - Mar 25 by DropCliffsNotBombs

Odyssey is excellent and definitely more choice-based than origins.

Everybody raves about Witcher Wild Hunt and I'll give it time, but I'm not that fussed about it so far a few hours in.

I couldn't get into Witcher. But then I can't get passed Destiny 2. Seriously addictive (but then being a FPS, not what the OP is looking for).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

GAMERS! Open World/Fallout Style.. on 14:35 - Mar 25 with 2903 viewsDanTheMan

GAMERS! Open World/Fallout Style.. on 13:25 - Mar 25 by Decoy_Octopus

The Witcher 3?

I'll second this.

Also the whole Mass Effect series.

If you like turn based combat, Divinity: Original Sin 2.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

GAMERS! Open World/Fallout Style.. on 14:36 - Mar 25 with 2901 viewsDecoy_Octopus

GAMERS! Open World/Fallout Style.. on 14:22 - Mar 25 by Swansea_Blue

I couldn't get into Witcher. But then I can't get passed Destiny 2. Seriously addictive (but then being a FPS, not what the OP is looking for).

I used to love Destiny 2. Took an extended break from it playing other games and now I can't get back into it.
GAMERS! Open World/Fallout Style.. on 14:41 - Mar 25 with 2898 viewsSwansea_Blue

GAMERS! Open World/Fallout Style.. on 14:36 - Mar 25 by Decoy_Octopus

I used to love Destiny 2. Took an extended break from it playing other games and now I can't get back into it.

I imagine I'd be the same once I broke the habit. There's so much content in it now it's getting ridiculous; it's all on a theme, so can get a bit repetitive but I'm always chasing something.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

GAMERS! Open World/Fallout Style.. on 14:44 - Mar 25 with 2885 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

GAMERS! Open World/Fallout Style.. on 14:00 - Mar 25 by Swailsey

All great shouts and adding them to the list - thanks all.

I have played Life is Strange actually and really enjoyed it - forgot about it. Picked up Before the Storm too - but kinda timed out of it.

Have head Bioshock and Mass Effect may be worth getting too?

I love Bioshock but it doesn’t really tick the boxes you’ve said, at least the first 2 don’t. Great games though

One that hasn’t been mentioned is Lost Odyssey - maybe doesn’t tick some of the boxes you list but I found it a brilliant RPG, probably the closest thing I’ve played to FFVII if that’s your sort of thing

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

GAMERS! Open World/Fallout Style.. on 19:19 - Mar 25 with 2820 viewsBugs

GTA 5? Due to how popular GTA online has/did get, some people have forgotten what a great game GTA 5 single player is.
GAMERS! Open World/Fallout Style.. on 20:20 - Mar 25 with 2795 viewsmidastouch

Not sure if you like medieval genre games, if you do then Kingdom Come: Deliverance might be of interest. My daughter played Life Is Strange 1 and 2 and loved those, they are well worth considering as some of the above have already suggested too.

Poll: Would you trade Marcus Evans for Mike Ashley?

GAMERS! Open World/Fallout Style.. on 20:22 - Mar 25 with 2789 viewssparks

GAMERS! Open World/Fallout Style.. on 20:20 - Mar 25 by midastouch

Not sure if you like medieval genre games, if you do then Kingdom Come: Deliverance might be of interest. My daughter played Life Is Strange 1 and 2 and loved those, they are well worth considering as some of the above have already suggested too.

Lots of good shouts.

I need a new game given teh current lockdown- nthing 100% grabbing me at the moment.

Waiting for baldur's gate 3.

You want really open, and have lots of time- EvE Online is like crack. But a steep learning curve, and the social element is essential.
[Post edited 25 Mar 2020 20:28]

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024