Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Will we do better when football resumes behind closed doors? 16:01 - Apr 15 with 784 viewsMaySixth

a) fully fit squad
b) no pressure and expectation levels from a crowd in the stadium

on the basis our problems have been unable to handle crowd expectation and problems with injuries, then is it fair to assume we should do better in our last seven games?

or am I just a hopeful idiot / idiot?
[Post edited 15 Apr 2020 17:44]

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

We will do better when football resumes behind closed doors? on 16:23 - Apr 15 with 749 viewshoppy

From the Lee O'Neill story... "Until the virus is under control and the safe distancing protocol and the ban on mass gatherings has been lifted, it’s not going to happen."

I don't get how they can contemplate even playing games behind closed doors.
Surely that should apply to not playing games even behind closed doors, as the players would all be well within 2 metres of each other - think of corners etc, where you get almost all 22 of them crowding in with each other? Are they somehow immune from that?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

We will do better when football resumes behind closed doors? on 16:31 - Apr 15 with 735 viewsChutney

Supposing we did get playing again in June in an empty stadium I wouldn't be surprised if we did well. This could act as a reset and as you say we would have vincent young and lankester back. If we start like we started the season we could sneak PO's.
We will do better when football resumes behind closed doors? on 16:36 - Apr 15 with 729 viewsMaySixth

We will do better when football resumes behind closed doors? on 16:23 - Apr 15 by hoppy

From the Lee O'Neill story... "Until the virus is under control and the safe distancing protocol and the ban on mass gatherings has been lifted, it’s not going to happen."

Surely that should apply to not playing games even behind closed doors, as the players would all be well within 2 metres of each other - think of corners etc, where you get almost all 22 of them crowding in with each other? Are they somehow immune from that?

I admit to not reading the Lee O'Neill story as I've been getting all my information from The Athletic which so far has been spot on and ahead of the curve

I don't understand how you can have all the players, management, medical and skeleton staff in a stadium either if social distancing but I have always assumed it will be phased social distancing first - maybe everyone is tested pre-game and they start off with smaller groups of people first before finally extending to crowds.

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Will we do better when football resumes behind closed doors? on 08:09 - Apr 16 with 618 viewsArnieM

OP: I suggested this nearly two months ago and was heavily criticised by some on here for saying it. But I concur with you . IF the season did ever resume ( I have my doubts now ) , I think we might actually do very well behind closed doors . Sadly I’m not sure we shall ever find out .

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

We will do better when football resumes behind closed doors? on 08:18 - Apr 16 with 606 viewsChrisd

We will do better when football resumes behind closed doors? on 16:23 - Apr 15 by hoppy

My view is exactly the same as yours Hoppy, realistically you can’t see it happening. There’s too many variables that remain unanswered for it to be a viable option.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Will we do better when football resumes behind closed doors? on 08:28 - Apr 16 with 595 viewsHerbivore

We'd still have an inept manager though, which is our biggest problem. Any improvement would be pointless at this point anyway, we've already thrown our season away.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Will we do better when football resumes behind closed doors? on 08:30 - Apr 16 with 595 viewsitfcjoe

We couldn't do any worse, we are bottom of the form table.

I don't think it's the crowd expectation anyway, it's just rank bad management on the whole and shown up when we play teams that are well organised

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

We will do better when football resumes behind closed doors? on 08:34 - Apr 16 with 581 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

And before it gets to that, squads will need to train together etc for a period to get up to fitness

We’re miles away from even beginning to get ready to play games again, let alone staging them in one way or another

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Login to get fewer ads

We will do better when football resumes behind closed doors? on 08:43 - Apr 16 with 569 viewsitfcjoe

We will do better when football resumes behind closed doors? on 08:34 - Apr 16 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

And before it gets to that, squads will need to train together etc for a period to get up to fitness

We’re miles away from even beginning to get ready to play games again, let alone staging them in one way or another

EFL plan is to come back on May 16th to pre season for 3 weeks, and then fit in rest of fixtures, including play offs behind closed doors over a 56 day period

That seems more likely that starting next season on time currently

We will do better when football resumes behind closed doors? on 08:48 - Apr 16 with 559 viewsHerbivore

We will do better when football resumes behind closed doors? on 08:43 - Apr 16 by itfcjoe

EFL plan is to come back on May 16th to pre season for 3 weeks, and then fit in rest of fixtures, including play offs behind closed doors over a 56 day period

That seems more likely that starting next season on time currently

I read yesterday that players are back training, or about to be, elsewhere in Europe. Might have been Germany perhaps. I think because we're approaching or at the peak here people see everything as being much further away than it will actually end up being. We're definitely miles from games in front of crowds but I could see that EFL timescale playing out.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

We will do better when football resumes behind closed doors? on 08:59 - Apr 16 with 547 viewsArnieM

We will do better when football resumes behind closed doors? on 08:48 - Apr 16 by Herbivore

I read yesterday that players are back training, or about to be, elsewhere in Europe. Might have been Germany perhaps. I think because we're approaching or at the peak here people see everything as being much further away than it will actually end up being. We're definitely miles from games in front of crowds but I could see that EFL timescale playing out.

Herb , I agree the UK is approximately 3 weeks behind Italy / Spain in terms of CoVid, so I would expect too, that English Clubs May resume training perhaps in about a month.

I think it’ll be a case of limping over the line behind closed doors , if it happens at all . As we know there are bigger things than football .

Stay safe people 🌈

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

We will do better when football resumes behind closed doors? on 09:03 - Apr 16 with 544 viewsitfcjoe

We will do better when football resumes behind closed doors? on 08:48 - Apr 16 by Herbivore

I think in Germany some are back in smaller groups, but not across the whole country as it is regionalised policy, which may slow things down as they have said will wait for whole country to come back properly.

The dates don't seem too unreasonable for to me, a further 4 weeks and then relasitically finishing season in 5-6 weeks.

I think starting next season in August more of a concern as think there will be some form of lockdown in place still then and starting a season behind closed doors far from ideal

We will do better when football resumes behind closed doors? on 10:06 - Apr 16 with 509 viewsChrisd

We will do better when football resumes behind closed doors? on 09:03 - Apr 16 by itfcjoe

I think in Germany some are back in smaller groups, but not across the whole country as it is regionalised policy, which may slow things down as they have said will wait for whole country to come back properly.

The dates don't seem too unreasonable for to me, a further 4 weeks and then relasitically finishing season in 5-6 weeks.

I think starting next season in August more of a concern as think there will be some form of lockdown in place still then and starting a season behind closed doors far from ideal

Still think that timescale is unrealistic, lets be honest they're guessing and hoping like the rest of us. Some still suggesting we haven't hit the peak yet. I see Germany has been mentioned regarding players returning to training, but they aren't even training as whole squads just in small groups. We can't go from zero to 100, it's going to take time to gradually get back to some normality and that's even with games played behind closed doors.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024