Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sanders has ‘properly’ endorsed Biden 20:19 - Apr 13 with 1473 viewsElderGrizzly

There were doubts he would go as far as publicly saying to his supporters to back Biden.

He just did via a live video stream with Biden.

His only problem now is getting his supporters to follow his lead. It is the equivalent of getting Corbyn’s supporters to back Starmer for the greater good.

Lets hope they listen

[Post edited 13 Apr 2020 20:26]
Sanders has ‘properly’ endorsed Biden on 20:27 - Apr 13 with 1445 viewsLankHenners

He was always going to - for all the stuff chucked at him, he's a very decent man and has always been clear about getting Trump out being the number 1 priority.

Unlikely to happen and to be honest I don't blame anyone sitting the vote out/voting Green/spoiling their ballot. If you believe in what Bernie represents and stands for then it's hard to stay honest to those beliefs and vote Biden. Not just because of him himself, but because of everything behind him that's put him in this position.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Sanders has ‘properly’ endorsed Biden on 20:39 - Apr 13 with 1406 viewsElderGrizzly

Sanders has ‘properly’ endorsed Biden on 20:27 - Apr 13 by LankHenners

He was always going to - for all the stuff chucked at him, he's a very decent man and has always been clear about getting Trump out being the number 1 priority.

Unlikely to happen and to be honest I don't blame anyone sitting the vote out/voting Green/spoiling their ballot. If you believe in what Bernie represents and stands for then it's hard to stay honest to those beliefs and vote Biden. Not just because of him himself, but because of everything behind him that's put him in this position.

But doing that leaves you with Trump and I hope that is too bitter a pill to swallow for the majority of Bernie’s supporters
Sanders has ‘properly’ endorsed Biden on 20:44 - Apr 13 with 1396 viewsSpruceMoose

Sanders has ‘properly’ endorsed Biden on 20:27 - Apr 13 by LankHenners

If you don't blame anyone for not voting for ANYONE but Trump then you haven't been following what's been going on over here. To be honest, I'm sick of hearing that opinion as its going to lumber us with another four years of this madness.

If a Bernie supporter, who claims to care about the working class, the immigrant, the disenfranchised, doesn't appreciate the damage Trump is doing to those groups, and doesn't do all they can to get him out of office, then I'm not sure I believe the their depth of their supposed convictions.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2020 20:50]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Sanders has ‘properly’ endorsed Biden on 20:48 - Apr 13 with 1380 viewsLankHenners

Sanders has ‘properly’ endorsed Biden on 20:39 - Apr 13 by ElderGrizzly

But doing that leaves you with Trump and I hope that is too bitter a pill to swallow for the majority of Bernie’s supporters

A lot of them would have reluctantly voted for Hilary Clinton last time and may want to keep their hands clean this time around, not that Trump will have much of a problem beating Biden with or without their votes.

Biden was VP in an administration which led to Trump (and started some of the unsavoury things that he continued), and his arrival as Trump's opponent will understandably see a lot of people sink into apathy.

Sanders has ‘properly’ endorsed Biden on 20:53 - Apr 13 with 1361 viewsSpruceMoose

Sanders has ‘properly’ endorsed Biden on 20:48 - Apr 13 by LankHenners

A lot of them would have reluctantly voted for Hilary Clinton last time and may want to keep their hands clean this time around, not that Trump will have much of a problem beating Biden with or without their votes.

Biden was VP in an administration which led to Trump (and started some of the unsavoury things that he continued), and his arrival as Trump's opponent will understandably see a lot of people sink into apathy.

A lot of them also didn't vote for Clinton last time and look what we got.

If Democrats aren't in power then they have 0% chance of implementing progressive policies, 0% chance of preventing the supreme court from being packed with rabid right wingers for a generation, and 0% chance of protecting the groups they claim to care about from the monstrous abuses they've been suffering.

I appreciate they're disappointed, but they need to see the bigger picture here.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2020 20:55]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Sanders has ‘properly’ endorsed Biden on 20:54 - Apr 13 with 1355 viewsLankHenners

Sanders has ‘properly’ endorsed Biden on 20:44 - Apr 13 by SpruceMoose

If you don't blame anyone for not voting for ANYONE but Trump then you haven't been following what's been going on over here. To be honest, I'm sick of hearing that opinion as its going to lumber us with another four years of this madness.

If a Bernie supporter, who claims to care about the working class, the immigrant, the disenfranchised, doesn't appreciate the damage Trump is doing to those groups, and doesn't do all they can to get him out of office, then I'm not sure I believe the their depth of their supposed convictions.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2020 20:50]

No. That attitude, and the failure to understand the opposition to it, played a part in getting Trump elected in the first place. It's also the nominee's job to get people to vote for them, not just assume they'll win because the other person is obnoxious, which is what Hilary Clinton did.

And it's also harm reduction politics which is a load of rubbish and will never lead to positive change.

Sanders has ‘properly’ endorsed Biden on 20:57 - Apr 13 with 1334 viewsSpruceMoose

Sanders has ‘properly’ endorsed Biden on 20:54 - Apr 13 by LankHenners

No. That attitude, and the failure to understand the opposition to it, played a part in getting Trump elected in the first place. It's also the nominee's job to get people to vote for them, not just assume they'll win because the other person is obnoxious, which is what Hilary Clinton did.

And it's also harm reduction politics which is a load of rubbish and will never lead to positive change.

But in the real world that's just preferring the protest over meaningful but compromised improvements.

Sanders has ‘properly’ endorsed Biden on 20:57 - Apr 13 with 1324 viewsBlueBadger

Sanders has ‘properly’ endorsed Biden on 20:57 - Apr 13 by SpruceMoose

But in the real world that's just preferring the protest over meaningful but compromised improvements.

See also: the Labour party, 2015-2019.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

Sanders has ‘properly’ endorsed Biden on 21:00 - Apr 13 with 1303 viewsBlueBadger

Sanders has ‘properly’ endorsed Biden on 20:53 - Apr 13 by SpruceMoose

A lot of them also didn't vote for Clinton last time and look what we got.

If Democrats aren't in power then they have 0% chance of implementing progressive policies, 0% chance of preventing the supreme court from being packed with rabid right wingers for a generation, and 0% chance of protecting the groups they claim to care about from the monstrous abuses they've been suffering.

I appreciate they're disappointed, but they need to see the bigger picture here.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2020 20:55]

Sanders has ‘properly’ endorsed Biden by BlueBadger 13 Apr 2020 20:57

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Sanders has ‘properly’ endorsed Biden on 21:01 - Apr 13 with 1302 viewsLankHenners

Sanders has ‘properly’ endorsed Biden on 20:57 - Apr 13 by SpruceMoose

What "meaningful" improvements, even considering the low bar Trump sets?

People have the right to vote and push for what they believe in, not just blindly go along with whatever they get told to do.

Sanders has ‘properly’ endorsed Biden on 21:03 - Apr 13 with 1296 viewsSpruceMoose

Sanders has ‘properly’ endorsed Biden on 20:57 - Apr 13 by BlueBadger

At least Sanders can see the bigger picture even if some of his for fervent supporters currently don't.

The Republicans need to be removed immediately. If not, over the next five years they'll be stuffing the courts with extreme and unqualified judges who will devastate the lives and the rights of the most vulnerable in society. The environment will continue to be trashed, Healthcare will continue to cripple people. Bernie failed to convince the voters. His supporters, who after all claim to be Democrats, should appreciate the severity of the situation and get behind the nominee.

Sanders has ‘properly’ endorsed Biden on 21:03 - Apr 13 with 1293 viewsLankHenners

Ironically, and hypocritically, centrist voters in the UK had the 'well I'm not voting for him because you lot want me to' attitude towards Labour during that period, and now in the US the positions are (roughly) switched and they're throwing their toys out of the pram about it.

Sanders has ‘properly’ endorsed Biden on 21:05 - Apr 13 with 1282 viewsSpruceMoose

Sanders has ‘properly’ endorsed Biden on 21:01 - Apr 13 by LankHenners

What "meaningful" improvements, even considering the low bar Trump sets?

People have the right to vote and push for what they believe in, not just blindly go along with whatever they get told to do.

And they deserve to be called out for walking away and not defending those who need it most. Biden is still running on a far more progressive platform than any previous Dem nominee.

Sanders has ‘properly’ endorsed Biden on 21:06 - Apr 13 with 1278 viewsElderGrizzly

Sanders has ‘properly’ endorsed Biden on 21:03 - Apr 13 by SpruceMoose

At least Sanders can see the bigger picture even if some of his for fervent supporters currently don't.

The Republicans need to be removed immediately. If not, over the next five years they'll be stuffing the courts with extreme and unqualified judges who will devastate the lives and the rights of the most vulnerable in society. The environment will continue to be trashed, Healthcare will continue to cripple people. Bernie failed to convince the voters. His supporters, who after all claim to be Democrats, should appreciate the severity of the situation and get behind the nominee.

This 100%.

As my other post tonight shows, you just get more of this as the supposed answer

Sanders has ‘properly’ endorsed Biden on 21:12 - Apr 13 with 1251 viewsSpruceMoose

Sanders has ‘properly’ endorsed Biden on 21:06 - Apr 13 by ElderGrizzly

This 100%.

As my other post tonight shows, you just get more of this as the supposed answer

There are actually many policies Biden and Sanders have in common.

Both support the $15 minimum wage, paid family leave, both want to overturn Citizens United, both want to remove mandatory minimum jail sentences and get rid of private prisons, both support forms of free college and student loan forgiveness.

How many of those do you think Trump supports do you suppose?
[Post edited 13 Apr 2020 21:13]

Sanders has ‘properly’ endorsed Biden on 21:29 - Apr 13 with 1224 viewsLankHenners

Sanders has ‘properly’ endorsed Biden on 21:05 - Apr 13 by SpruceMoose

And they deserve to be called out for walking away and not defending those who need it most. Biden is still running on a far more progressive platform than any previous Dem nominee.

I don’t think it’s really fair to push that on to them. Not voting for someone isn’t endorsing someone else.

The progressive aspects generally come from trying to appease Bernie’s base by nicking his policies which isn’t really saying much about Biden as a progressive, especially considering his previous votes on various issues.

Sanders has ‘properly’ endorsed Biden on 22:02 - Apr 13 with 1187 viewsDarth_Koont

Wow! You really haven’t thought that through, have you?

It’s the other way around entirely.

Pronouns: He/Him

Sanders has ‘properly’ endorsed Biden on 22:23 - Apr 13 with 1147 viewsWD19

Sanders has ‘properly’ endorsed Biden on 21:12 - Apr 13 by SpruceMoose

There are actually many policies Biden and Sanders have in common.

Both support the $15 minimum wage, paid family leave, both want to overturn Citizens United, both want to remove mandatory minimum jail sentences and get rid of private prisons, both support forms of free college and student loan forgiveness.

How many of those do you think Trump supports do you suppose?
[Post edited 13 Apr 2020 21:13]

I doubt Trump knows the answer to that question to be fair....
Sanders has ‘properly’ endorsed Biden on 23:54 - Apr 13 with 1099 viewsSpruceMoose

Sanders has ‘properly’ endorsed Biden on 22:23 - Apr 13 by WD19

I doubt Trump knows the answer to that question to be fair....

Quite. He will have to wait for whatever Fox News tells him to think.

Honestly, anyone who doesn't think Joe Biden, for all his obvious flaws, isn't a vastly superior human being and candidate to Trump is either well insulated from Trump's actions or needs their head examined.

Sanders has ‘properly’ endorsed Biden on 00:18 - Apr 14 with 1079 viewsmidastouch

Sanders has ‘properly’ endorsed Biden on 23:54 - Apr 13 by SpruceMoose

Honestly, anyone who doesn't think Joe Biden, for all his obvious flaws, isn't a vastly superior human being and candidate to Trump is either well insulated from Trump's actions or needs their head examined.

Go to 4 mins and 28 in and see what you think. As the guy said, could do with a body language expert on this but she really does look very distressed when giving her account. She might be a great actor, very hard to tell. A lot of mud typically gets slung around whenever the main candidates emerge. Not sure if this will get any traction as the leadership debates get closer or not. It might be something that possibly comes out of the closet nearer the time. I think getting mud on both Biden and Trump is going to be like an open goal for both campaigns to target. I don't think either side will be short of ammo when it comes to the crunch!
[Post edited 14 Apr 2020 0:39]

Poll: Would you trade Marcus Evans for Mike Ashley?

Sanders has ‘properly’ endorsed Biden on 00:23 - Apr 14 with 1061 viewspointofblue

Sanders has ‘properly’ endorsed Biden on 22:02 - Apr 13 by Darth_Koont

Wow! You really haven’t thought that through, have you?

It’s the other way around entirely.

There were almost two protest vote opportunities at the 2019 election - Brexit vRadical Reform. At the end of the day, rightly or wrongly, people seemed to see Brexit as less of a threat to their lives than the offered reform.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Sanders has ‘properly’ endorsed Biden on 06:49 - Apr 14 with 982 viewsElderGrizzly

Sanders has ‘properly’ endorsed Biden on 23:54 - Apr 13 by SpruceMoose

Although nowadays its OAN not Fox.

He appears to have fallen out with some at Fox as they are not repeating his lies as they used to.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024