Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wage differentials bewteen Championship & League One 16:10 - Apr 30 with 1269 viewsArnieM

...and why Town haven't got a hope in hell of hanging onto our better players or up and coming youngsters for next season. Our players will IMO be cherry picked before the summer kicks in for next to nowt, as we will have no bargaining power. All very , very disheartening tbh.

Average pay - Club’s highest-paid players
Championship: £29,000 per week (top earner £68,000/week)
League One: £4,753 per week (top earner £15,600/week)

Average pay - Managers
Championship: £878,000 a year (top earner £3.46m a year)
League One: £182,438 a year (top earner £550,000/year)
(Source EADT April 30th )

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Wage differentials bewteen Championship & League One on 16:13 - Apr 30 with 1248 viewshomer_123

This was actually out days ago Arnie. ;)

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Wage differentials bewteen Championship & League One on 16:53 - Apr 30 with 1186 viewsArnieM

Wage differentials bewteen Championship & League One on 16:13 - Apr 30 by homer_123

This was actually out days ago Arnie. ;)

Oh was it ?? So sorry, I’d literally just seen it online in EADT today. Apologies if already posted then. But it still doesn’t change the outcome for us really does it .
[Post edited 30 Apr 2020 16:54]

Wage differentials bewteen Championship & League One on 16:57 - Apr 30 with 1171 viewshomer_123

Wage differentials bewteen Championship & League One on 16:53 - Apr 30 by ArnieM

Oh was it ?? So sorry, I’d literally just seen it online in EADT today. Apologies if already posted then. But it still doesn’t change the outcome for us really does it .
[Post edited 30 Apr 2020 16:54]

No, and no need to apologise!

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Wage differentials bewteen Championship & League One on 17:01 - Apr 30 with 1163 viewsblueprint

I’m guessing some of those figures in the championship are pretty skewed by the likes of Derby and Leeds
Paying silly money and those recently relegated from the premier.
Wage differentials bewteen Championship & League One on 18:35 - Apr 30 with 1066 viewsIllinoisblue

Sheff Utd got promoted on less of a wage bill than we relegated with. Good coaching and team spirit can take you a long way.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Wage differentials bewteen Championship & League One on 18:40 - Apr 30 with 1047 viewsBlueBadger

Wage differentials bewteen Championship & League One on 18:35 - Apr 30 by Illinoisblue

Sheff Utd got promoted on less of a wage bill than we relegated with. Good coaching and team spirit can take you a long way.

In our case, it looks like taking us to the fourth division...

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Wage differentials bewteen Championship & League One on 22:13 - Apr 30 with 932 viewsArnieM

Wage differentials bewteen Championship & League One on 18:35 - Apr 30 by Illinoisblue

So is it the coaching or the calibre of players in our case , because we’ve had : different styles of coaching under our last 3 managers? ( genuine question got people to consider because I buffered if I know why Town are falling so short in recent years)

Wage differentials bewteen Championship & League One on 08:10 - May 1 with 819 viewsitfcjoe

Their wage bill was higher than ours by a little bit, but had been similar in seasons leading up to it.

THis year was a real chance to reset and come back stronger, we had totally blown it

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

Wage differentials bewteen Championship & League One on 09:36 - May 1 with 774 viewsChrisd

Wage differentials bewteen Championship & League One on 22:13 - Apr 30 by ArnieM

So is it the coaching or the calibre of players in our case , because we’ve had : different styles of coaching under our last 3 managers? ( genuine question got people to consider because I buffered if I know why Town are falling so short in recent years)

It's both for me Arnie. Although we have got some good players, we've also got a lot of players in our squad that are L1 at best, but because they wear a blue shirt judgement is clouded. Unfortunately, whatever PL had at Colchester and the Canaries, he's certainly not got now, perhaps that's Ian Culverhouse?!
[Post edited 1 May 2020 9:38]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Wage differentials bewteen Championship & League One on 09:51 - May 1 with 756 viewsmonty_radio

Wage differentials bewteen Championship & League One on 09:36 - May 1 by Chrisd

It's both for me Arnie. Although we have got some good players, we've also got a lot of players in our squad that are L1 at best, but because they wear a blue shirt judgement is clouded. Unfortunately, whatever PL had at Colchester and the Canaries, he's certainly not got now, perhaps that's Ian Culverhouse?!

I believe that Marcus is on record sometime after Hurst as saying that he goes for tried and trusted managers though the phrase he used was a bit more lively. Counting Hurst as the blip which led him to say it, others certainly fit that pattern. Except that they then appear more "trusted and lost it".

Certainly Colin bucks that trend, but not many do. Higher league football has developed to the point where cautious play wins you nowt, and we'll get nowhere with managers who thrive on the phrases and set-ups of yesteryear.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Wage differentials bewteen Championship & League One on 09:53 - May 1 with 753 viewsPhilTWTD

Wage differentials bewteen Championship & League One on 08:10 - May 1 by itfcjoe

Their wage bill was higher than ours by a little bit, but had been similar in seasons leading up to it.

THis year was a real chance to reset and come back stronger, we had totally blown it

If I remember rightly, their wage bill was inflated due to the bonuses paid after they won promotion.
Wage differentials bewteen Championship & League One on 14:50 - May 1 with 682 viewsArnieM

Wage differentials bewteen Championship & League One on 09:36 - May 1 by Chrisd

On your last point , I’d say it’s the combination of PL and IC . There was a Norwich player very recently who said IC did the coaching on day to day basis but that PL was the Mr Motivator who came in to changing room and really galvanised the players into their mind set . I think you find that through the out football don’t you Robson / Lea ... and Burley / Roberts . This might why PL hasn’t done so well since leaving “ them “, because that Partnership / chemistry was broken up .
Under McCarthy there was a partnership with his 2nd man but the style of football whilst “ effective” at his Clubs often left fans feeling disenchanted with it . It’s all about a fine balance and we haven’t found that in the management team since George / Roberts were sacked IMO .

Under McCarthy I was ( and still am), VERY suspicious of the training regime, science / evidence base behind the players conditioning due to the huge numbers of injuries we sustained season on season, often before the season had started . PL did make a comment about the medical team having improved going forwards ... but we still seem to have a problem getting players back fit in a timely manner . Are our players just “ unlucky”, with the type / severity of injury they sustain? Or did we sign damaged goods in the first place ( which means medicals are not as stringent as they should be or BBC we simply have a lower “ pass “ threshold?) .

All food for thought , and areas the “higher management “ need to address perhaps going forwards .

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024