Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Africans to run out of food is forced into lockdown 14:03 - May 6 with 801 viewshomer_123

Not great news here.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-52557464

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Africans to run out of food is forced into lockdown on 14:27 - May 6 with 765 viewsDarth_Koont

I hope we keep the developing world in focus here. It's easy to be distracted by the US, UK and the initial changes to life, society and the global economy.

But there's every indication that suppressing the spread and managing the health and economic effects won't be possible in Africa and many other developing nations. I suppose in a callous way they're much more used to death and disease but our glimpse into that reality should give us a bit more empathy and understanding going forward.

Pronouns: He/Him

Africans to run out of food is forced into lockdown on 17:37 - May 6 with 693 viewsLeaky

Africans to run out of food is forced into lockdown on 14:27 - May 6 by Darth_Koont

I hope we keep the developing world in focus here. It's easy to be distracted by the US, UK and the initial changes to life, society and the global economy.

But there's every indication that suppressing the spread and managing the health and economic effects won't be possible in Africa and many other developing nations. I suppose in a callous way they're much more used to death and disease but our glimpse into that reality should give us a bit more empathy and understanding going forward.

Plus a number of countries are going to suffer from lack of tourism. I must admit I'm missing my trips to Kenya. Lovely people & great wildlife
Africans to run out of food is forced into lockdown on 19:13 - May 6 with 674 viewsJ2BLUE

We have to help them. Whatever the financial cost.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Africans to run out of food is forced into lockdown on 19:17 - May 6 with 668 viewsSpruceMoose

Africans to run out of food is forced into lockdown on 19:13 - May 6 by J2BLUE

Good luck selling the benefits of foreign aid to the Brexit brigade.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Africans to run out of food is forced into lockdown on 19:24 - May 6 with 665 viewsnoggin

Africans to run out of food is forced into lockdown on 19:13 - May 6 by J2BLUE

But we won't.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Africans to run out of food is forced into lockdown on 21:11 - May 6 with 598 viewsbluelagos

It is a worry, as many simply dont have the economic power to stay at home for an extended period, food needs putting on the table.

The one upside for many in the developing world is the demographics, namely in countries like Nigeria, Liberia and many others, close to half the population are under 18. This may mean relatively lower mortality rates compared to those in the West.

And the success in South Africa where community based teams did screening and education is a blue print that can be followed. Posted before, the Nigerians were screening air passengers in February on international and internal flights.

So it's not all bad news, albeit it will need a huge effort to avoid a terrible outcome.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Africans to run out of food is forced into lockdown on 22:22 - May 6 with 575 viewsJ2BLUE

Africans to run out of food is forced into lockdown on 19:17 - May 6 by SpruceMoose

Good luck selling the benefits of foreign aid to the Brexit brigade.

We don't need them. Charities will step up as usual and we can individually support the charities.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Africans to run out of food is forced into lockdown on 23:04 - May 6 with 549 viewsNotSure

Is there much of a lockdown in Africa?

Egypt aren't doing much.
They are still fighting in Libya
Nigerian states have had ad-hoc 2 week lockdowns and curfews.
Kenya have a curfew at night (Not sure what that achieves).

Thousands more would die if these African countries locked down. And if we don't come out of lockdown soon we won't have any money left to help them.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024