Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Statue defacing in London/Richmond, VA been done? *bad words alert* 09:24 - Jun 4 with 1115 viewsartsbossbeard

People getting angry and assuming it's a statue in London yesterday whilst in fact it's a statue of General Lee in the deep south that's being taken down as it's not culturely acceptable any more due to his slave-master hobby.

The replies, retweets, the inclusion of MP's in retweets is a thing of beauty.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Statue defacing in London/Richmond, VA been done? *bad words alert* on 09:28 - Jun 4 with 1061 viewsSwansea_Blue

What is it with all these true patriots who don't know our own landmarks?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Statue defacing in London/Richmond, VA been done? *bad words alert* on 10:16 - Jun 4 with 960 viewsMullet

I think I'm right in saying a lot of statues of confederate heroes were put up hastily years after the civil war too. That they were sort of repurposed as a tool of white supremacy in a lot of communities.

I'm sure Guthrum will be a long in a minute to smarten me up though!

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Statue defacing in London/Richmond, VA been done? *bad words alert* on 10:20 - Jun 4 with 946 viewsfactual_blue

Statue defacing in London/Richmond, VA been done? *bad words alert* on 09:28 - Jun 4 by Swansea_Blue

What is it with all these true patriots who don't know our own landmarks?

The nearest I can find to a General Lee in the British Army is this chap. Although he didn't become a general until he joined the Continental Army.

Educated in Bury St Edmunds and married into the Bunbury family.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Lee_(general)

Perhaps that's who our true patriots were thinking of?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Statue defacing in London/Richmond, VA been done? *bad words alert* on 18:45 - Jun 4 with 745 viewsGuthrum

Statue defacing in London/Richmond, VA been done? *bad words alert* on 10:16 - Jun 4 by Mullet

I think I'm right in saying a lot of statues of confederate heroes were put up hastily years after the civil war too. That they were sort of repurposed as a tool of white supremacy in a lot of communities.

I'm sure Guthrum will be a long in a minute to smarten me up though!

Been rather busy today. But that is correct, a lot of the statues were put up decades after the end of the Civil War.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Statue defacing in London/Richmond, VA been done? *bad words alert* on 18:46 - Jun 4 with 740 viewsMullet

Statue defacing in London/Richmond, VA been done? *bad words alert* on 18:45 - Jun 4 by Guthrum

Been rather busy today. But that is correct, a lot of the statues were put up decades after the end of the Civil War.

Yes! Passed the Guthrum test! I am Simon Scharma

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Statue defacing in London/Richmond, VA been done? *bad words alert* on 18:52 - Jun 4 with 720 viewsSpruceMoose

Statue defacing in London/Richmond, VA been done? *bad words alert* on 18:45 - Jun 4 by Guthrum

Indeed. That's why the alt-right claim that taking them down would be some kind of historical loss is a crock of sh!t.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024