Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
In the true spirit of Dollers... 10:12 - Jun 9 with 862 viewsBlueBadger

...where can I get one of these NWA tops?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

In the true spirit of Dollers... on 10:14 - Jun 9 with 848 viewsKeno

Is the answer a restaurant in north London but it will cost you £96?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

In the true spirit of Dollers... on 11:24 - Jun 9 with 759 viewsfactual_blue

Perhaps Sting could source one for you?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

In the true spirit of Dollers... on 11:27 - Jun 9 with 742 viewssparks

Interestingly, the most talented and outspoken of the members of NWA has made some thought provoking records which some consider anti semitic, and others which address the idea that inequality of outcome (even in the states) is not all attributable to discrimination per se. That is an idea which one has to tread very very carefully in expressing now.

As I recall- the tracks were missing from the UK release. I remember paying to import a copy to ensure I had the full work.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

In the true spirit of Dollers... on 11:29 - Jun 9 with 736 viewsBrixtonBlue

That's brilliant.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

In the true spirit of Dollers... on 11:30 - Jun 9 with 731 viewsKeno

In the true spirit of Dollers... on 11:24 - Jun 9 by factual_blue

Perhaps Sting could source one for you?

I guess you could send him a message in a bottle

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

In the true spirit of Dollers... on 11:51 - Jun 9 with 692 viewsGlasgowBlue

In the true spirit of Dollers... on 11:27 - Jun 9 by sparks

Interestingly, the most talented and outspoken of the members of NWA has made some thought provoking records which some consider anti semitic, and others which address the idea that inequality of outcome (even in the states) is not all attributable to discrimination per se. That is an idea which one has to tread very very carefully in expressing now.

As I recall- the tracks were missing from the UK release. I remember paying to import a copy to ensure I had the full work.

Ice Cube has retweeted “that” antisemitic mural in recent days, then doubled down by banging on about chosen people and calling Jewish women challenging him “bitches”.

His support for Farrakhan doesn’t help his cause.
[Post edited 9 Jun 2020 11:52]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

In the true spirit of Dollers... on 11:58 - Jun 9 with 674 viewssparks

In the true spirit of Dollers... on 11:51 - Jun 9 by GlasgowBlue

Ice Cube has retweeted “that” antisemitic mural in recent days, then doubled down by banging on about chosen people and calling Jewish women challenging him “bitches”.

His support for Farrakhan doesn’t help his cause.
[Post edited 9 Jun 2020 11:52]

These things are all difficult and nuanced. How many of the protesters are doing the "black power" fist thing? That is inexxorably tied up with the Black Panthers, Marcus Garvey, Farrakhan, Malcom X.

Not sure what mural you refer to. The controversy back int he day was the lyric "How can you be the n*** for life crew, with a white jew telling you what to do". Which I didnt think was anti semitic at the time- and still dont really.

There has long been a tension between political hip hop and the jewish community in the states- partly because of the latter's heavy involvement in the music industry one suspects. But also linked with the fact that some of the ideas of Farrakhan et al quite reasonably found favour and traction within those groups. Very difficult to separate the understandable radical agression inherent in some of those teachings, from the truly objectionable stuff.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024