Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Some of you lot like your punk, right? 13:42 - Jun 26 with 1493 viewsBlueBadger

This lad was born and raised in Ipswich and is making a few waves.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Some of you lot like your punk, right? on 13:51 - Jun 26 with 1424 viewsBluefish

Had a few cans of it last night. It is OK but there are better beers

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Some of you lot like your punk, right? on 13:53 - Jun 26 with 1431 viewsBlueBadger

Some of you lot like your punk, right? on 13:51 - Jun 26 by Bluefish

Had a few cans of it last night. It is OK but there are better beers

They often put appalling puns on the side of the cans. That makes them too Hoppy for me.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Good effort.... on 13:55 - Jun 26 with 1412 viewsBloots

Some of you lot like your punk, right? on 13:53 - Jun 26 by BlueBadger

They often put appalling puns on the side of the cans. That makes them too Hoppy for me.

...Lambert out

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Some of you lot like your punk, right? on 14:28 - Jun 26 with 1366 viewsGeoffSentence

Judging by the lyrics, he wasn't entirely happy with his Ipswich upbringing.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Some of you lot like your punk, right? on 14:54 - Jun 26 with 1339 viewsBlueBadger

Some of you lot like your punk, right? on 14:28 - Jun 26 by GeoffSentence

Judging by the lyrics, he wasn't entirely happy with his Ipswich upbringing.

Quite the telling paragraphs here:

https://louderthanwar.com/bob-vylan-interview-with-the-punk-grime-band-of-the-mo

'My roots or in London — Stepney, Barking and Bow. My family dynamic saw me sharing my youth there and with some family in Ipswich. My time in the East End was mainly weekends and holidays. It was part there and part in Chingford and Walthamstow near the dog track. It was a contrast in a sense from the big city to the smaller town but then Ipswich is a weird place, for one — for its size it has got a high crime rate which is strange. It also had quite a spectacular drug problem in the town. I don’t now what other word to use. It really is a thing to behold when you look at it. I saw very hands on how it was. The underbelly of the town that they prefer didn’t exist had deep problems and there is very little help to get them off the streets.

The music scene is also a strange one because the Adicts are from Ipswich and they are, obviously, an incredible punk band. Ed Sheeran is from round there and Extreme Noise Terror might be from round there as well. It’s a weird place and my connection between the two was pretty direct. When I was growing up someone would come and pick me up and I would shoot down the road on the one hour journey to East London which is the first part of London you reach off the A14. It’s very close after you cut through Essex, once you’re past Romford you are there in East London. Going there helped shape my view because many people never leave Ipswich and have an Ipswich state of mind. I’m lucky to experience both and see how things work differently in different places.'

Some of you lot like your punk, right? on 14:57 - Jun 26 with 1329 viewsgainsboroughblue

Some of you lot like your punk, right? on 14:54 - Jun 26 by BlueBadger

Quite the telling paragraphs here:

https://louderthanwar.com/bob-vylan-interview-with-the-punk-grime-band-of-the-mo

'My roots or in London — Stepney, Barking and Bow. My family dynamic saw me sharing my youth there and with some family in Ipswich. My time in the East End was mainly weekends and holidays. It was part there and part in Chingford and Walthamstow near the dog track. It was a contrast in a sense from the big city to the smaller town but then Ipswich is a weird place, for one — for its size it has got a high crime rate which is strange. It also had quite a spectacular drug problem in the town. I don’t now what other word to use. It really is a thing to behold when you look at it. I saw very hands on how it was. The underbelly of the town that they prefer didn’t exist had deep problems and there is very little help to get them off the streets.

The music scene is also a strange one because the Adicts are from Ipswich and they are, obviously, an incredible punk band. Ed Sheeran is from round there and Extreme Noise Terror might be from round there as well. It’s a weird place and my connection between the two was pretty direct. When I was growing up someone would come and pick me up and I would shoot down the road on the one hour journey to East London which is the first part of London you reach off the A14. It’s very close after you cut through Essex, once you’re past Romford you are there in East London. Going there helped shape my view because many people never leave Ipswich and have an Ipswich state of mind. I’m lucky to experience both and see how things work differently in different places.'

Geography not his strong point obviously, unless he was quoted wrongly.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Some of you lot like your punk, right? on 14:58 - Jun 26 with 1333 viewsmonytowbray

I have a similar coat to him. Decent crossover that (it's very Grime) and props to the Crass shirt.

Also this is the best Punk band in Ipswich right now.

I'm probably in the video, it was filmed at Manchester Punk Festival and I was there, but alas I can't spot me.
[Post edited 26 Jun 2020 15:00]

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Some of you lot like your punk, right? on 15:01 - Jun 26 with 1310 viewsgainsboroughblue

Some of you lot like your punk, right? on 14:58 - Jun 26 by monytowbray

I have a similar coat to him. Decent crossover that (it's very Grime) and props to the Crass shirt.

I'm probably in the video, it was filmed at Manchester Punk Festival and I was there, but alas I can't spot me.

Agree with you there. Casual Nausea are great.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Login to get fewer ads

Some of you lot like your punk, right? on 15:27 - Jun 26 with 1261 viewsBlueBadger

Some of you lot like your punk, right? on 14:58 - Jun 26 by monytowbray

Not going to lie here, that's pretty bloody awesome.

Some of you lot like your punk, right? on 16:29 - Jun 26 with 1198 viewsjaykay

Some of you lot like your punk, right? on 14:57 - Jun 26 by gainsboroughblue

Geography not his strong point obviously, unless he was quoted wrongly.

are you saying A14 doesn't go to london

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Some of you lot like your punk, right? on 16:40 - Jun 26 with 1184 viewsBlueBadger

Some of you lot like your punk, right? on 16:29 - Jun 26 by jaykay

are you saying A14 doesn't go to london

Technically speaking, I suppose it is if it's the first part of your journey before turning off at Copdock...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024