Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dropshipping 09:28 - Aug 17 with 2313 viewshampstead_blue

Has anyone here had any experiences with this?

Bought anything?
Made a few £'s?

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Dropshipping on 12:52 - Aug 17 with 2178 viewsLibero

Dropshipping on 14:00 - Aug 17 with 2091 viewsTrickster

Been seeing adverts for it on youtube, not sure what it entails.

Poll: Who do you want to be appointed next Town manager?

Dropshipping on 14:02 - Aug 17 with 2082 viewsHerbivore

From what I've read nobody is really making serious money from it and it's become something close to a pyramid scheme. Not sure it's all that ethical either.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Dropshipping on 15:24 - Aug 17 with 2010 viewsBloomBlue

Looks like Gabriel Beltran did Ok with it

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-53759932
Dropshipping on 15:27 - Aug 17 with 2002 viewsLibero

Dropshipping on 15:24 - Aug 17 by BloomBlue

Looks like Gabriel Beltran did Ok with it

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-53759932

Yup, there's a number of morally dubious individuals who will have been in on the ground floor.
Dropshipping on 09:17 - Aug 18 with 1869 viewshampstead_blue

Dropshipping on 14:02 - Aug 17 by Herbivore

From what I've read nobody is really making serious money from it and it's become something close to a pyramid scheme. Not sure it's all that ethical either.

It looks like simple trading arbitrage but with inflated prices.
Arbitrage is good. Very good. However I do find the mis-selling wholly unpalatable.

Using customers money as cash flow is normal practice. Done well and if you can find value it seems to make sense.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.

Dropshipping on 09:25 - Aug 18 with 1858 viewsHerbivore

Dropshipping on 09:17 - Aug 18 by hampstead_blue

It looks like simple trading arbitrage but with inflated prices.
Arbitrage is good. Very good. However I do find the mis-selling wholly unpalatable.

Using customers money as cash flow is normal practice. Done well and if you can find value it seems to make sense.

Yeah, I wasn't expecting you'd have an issue with it.

Dropshipping on 09:30 - Aug 18 with 1839 viewsLibero

Dropshipping on 09:25 - Aug 18 by Herbivore

Board deplorable gives thumbs up to morally dubious scheme.

In other news, all drinks are wet.
Login to get fewer ads

Dropshipping on 09:30 - Aug 18 with 1839 viewshampstead_blue

Dropshipping on 09:25 - Aug 18 by Herbivore

If you mean buying loa and selling at a profit.....ethically, as I stated, then of course I like it.

If you mean that I would be unethical then you may wish to re-read the post.

Sometimes I worry about you. You see things which are not there.

Dropshipping on 09:40 - Aug 18 with 1822 viewsHerbivore

Dropshipping on 09:30 - Aug 18 by hampstead_blue

If you mean buying loa and selling at a profit.....ethically, as I stated, then of course I like it.

Selling goods you've never seen let alone quality assured that are made in Chinese factories where people are paid a pittance and treated poorly all in the name of trying to spin a quick buck seems ethically dubious to me. From what I've seen it's a get rich quick scheme where nobody really gets rich as the goods are poor quality and you get a high level of returns from customers and inevitably get a bad reputation because you're basically selling cheap crap at knock up prices with long delivery times and minimal customer service. I am unsurprised you're giving it some thought.

Dropshipping on 09:50 - Aug 18 with 1813 viewsLibero

Dropshipping on 09:30 - Aug 18 by hampstead_blue

Well, at least you didn't use a derogatory term for disabled people or describe an act of violence against an innocent individual in gratuitous detail, in your response to Herby this time...

You keep doing you Hampster, here's a small selection of some of your greatest hits (excluding the one's that have been removed, obviously)

Have said Dyer and Burley for 4 years now and been shot down. by hampstead_blue 25 Jun 2020 14:33
Normally you get shot at for calling Chambers 'Dead wood'.
He has a strange cult status. Well done!

Agree with your list as well.

Appaulled by one's own. by footers 4 Jul 2020 21:44
Quite a few ex-squaddies are racist bigots? Well, colour me shocked!

[surprised]

Btw, the only proper window licker is below ↓

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FATTzbm78cc

Just seen the MP for the Ipswich-Shotley-Sudbury Golden Triangle by GeoffSentence 10 Jul 2020 11:38
At the butcher's. Childishly I couldn't resist the urge to make a few secret w@nker signs at him. Only they might not have been as secret as I thought because he glared at me. The sort of glare you might give to someone who had just made a w@nker sign at you.

Man tries to claim nonexistent alternative context to disgusting bigotry. by Libero 24 Jul 2020 20:17
What an absolute blow hard coward, what is with these weirdos?!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-53532559

Gervais. Risky comedy is dead by hampstead_blue 10 Jul 2020 15:16
The Times page 3.

He's spot on. If the BBC put out The Office today he would have had throngs pounding down his door.

F😘CK your sensitivities. I want the likes of Gervais to have space to challenge and make us wet ourselves.

Is Hampstead going to regale us with his discovery of Nick Cave back catalogue? by WeWereZombies 14 Aug 2020 9:31
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-53768254

Maybe I am being unfair and Hampstead Blue has been his fan boy from day one and to be honest I have been meaning to investigate why I 'don't get' Nick Cave for yonks.

Yesterday I was pro-Nick Cave, today it can only be Dolly Parton by WeWereZombies 15 Aug 2020 20:34
Well I thought that as Nick Cave got a name check in the title I should at least post one of his songs, Camille O'Sullivan sang this one on 'Loose Ends' earlier but I can't find a decent version without adverts on YouTube, there is, however, this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjFs7e0Jm2E

[Post edited 18 Aug 2020 9:52]
Dropshipping on 10:04 - Aug 18 with 1785 viewsDecageBruce

Dropshipping on 09:40 - Aug 18 by Herbivore

Selling goods you've never seen let alone quality assured that are made in Chinese factories where people are paid a pittance and treated poorly all in the name of trying to spin a quick buck seems ethically dubious to me. From what I've seen it's a get rich quick scheme where nobody really gets rich as the goods are poor quality and you get a high level of returns from customers and inevitably get a bad reputation because you're basically selling cheap crap at knock up prices with long delivery times and minimal customer service. I am unsurprised you're giving it some thought.

TBF to Hampstead I think he has said that he disagrees with 'unethical' practices of which, wholeheartedly agree, those you cover are. Think its unfair to make assumptions on what he would/wouldn't do.

However, how is this any different to many large/multinational companies who distribute and resell computer equipment. They handle orders and manage a shipping process but they never own or handle anything that they supply?
[Post edited 18 Aug 2020 10:05]
Dropshipping on 10:06 - Aug 18 with 1776 viewsLibero

Dropshipping on 10:04 - Aug 18 by DecageBruce

TBF to Hampstead I think he has said that he disagrees with 'unethical' practices of which, wholeheartedly agree, those you cover are. Think its unfair to make assumptions on what he would/wouldn't do.

However, how is this any different to many large/multinational companies who distribute and resell computer equipment. They handle orders and manage a shipping process but they never own or handle anything that they supply?

It would be unfair if he didn't have a long and varied history of condoning sh1thouse behaviour while simultaneously claiming that he doesn't condone it...
Dropshipping on 10:10 - Aug 18 with 1758 viewsHerbivore

Dropshipping on 10:04 - Aug 18 by DecageBruce

The things I've covered are precisely what dropshipping entails, mate.

Dropshipping on 10:14 - Aug 18 with 1747 viewsDecageBruce

Dropshipping on 10:10 - Aug 18 by Herbivore

I understand, just wondering what the cut of is in your opinion in this or any other 'profit making process'? At which point does buying/making money on something which will always be from a cheaper source to be able to make money becomes unethical.

Again, totally agree with your previous example
Dropshipping on 10:25 - Aug 18 with 1726 viewsHerbivore

Dropshipping on 10:14 - Aug 18 by DecageBruce

I understand, just wondering what the cut of is in your opinion in this or any other 'profit making process'? At which point does buying/making money on something which will always be from a cheaper source to be able to make money becomes unethical.

Again, totally agree with your previous example

I think if you're a responsible company that is quality assuring the product you are selling and you are comfortable that the products aren't being made through essentially child or slave labour then I don't have such an issue with it. I'm a Marxist so I consider any extraction of surplus value by the owners of the means of production or the merchant classes to be unethical, but there are degrees of unethical. Have you actually read up on dropshipping out of interest? Because you seem to agree my example was unethical and my example is exactly what dropshipping constitutes.
[Post edited 18 Aug 2020 10:28]

Dropshipping on 10:46 - Aug 18 with 1686 viewsDecageBruce

Dropshipping on 10:25 - Aug 18 by Herbivore

I think if you're a responsible company that is quality assuring the product you are selling and you are comfortable that the products aren't being made through essentially child or slave labour then I don't have such an issue with it. I'm a Marxist so I consider any extraction of surplus value by the owners of the means of production or the merchant classes to be unethical, but there are degrees of unethical. Have you actually read up on dropshipping out of interest? Because you seem to agree my example was unethical and my example is exactly what dropshipping constitutes.

Thanks.

I have read up on Dropshipping and agree that the vast majority of what is termed Dropshipping is utilising poor/unethical practices. However, for me it appears to be a terminology based on this specific, poor, area of distribution practices. I was trying to understand your thoughts on other 'ethical' practices that are basically the same thing by a different name. You've answered that question so again thanks.
Dropshipping on 13:15 - Aug 18 with 1600 viewsWeWereZombies

Dropshipping on 10:46 - Aug 18 by DecageBruce

Thanks.

I have read up on Dropshipping and agree that the vast majority of what is termed Dropshipping is utilising poor/unethical practices. However, for me it appears to be a terminology based on this specific, poor, area of distribution practices. I was trying to understand your thoughts on other 'ethical' practices that are basically the same thing by a different name. You've answered that question so again thanks.

I'm coming on to this thread late but to go back to your point on multinationals doing practically the same as people making a quick turn from dropshipping I would say that multinational trade by registered companies gives traceability and recourse to legal action in a way that dropshipping appears not to (and even if it does there is a degradation of the effectiveness when some claims may be less practical to pursue.)

Another issue is quality control and I think that one of the issues that the pandemic has shown up is that supply lines can get constrained when a system is under stress. In this situation shortages are going to be exacerbated if poor quality product is supplied and then rejected (or have we forgotten the face mask and testing kit fiasco already), so I find myself in the difficult position of supporting multinational suppliers over, potentially, the Hampsteads of this World. Providing that is that regulation of the multinationals is ramped up a whole lot more and that there is international cooperation to get Amazon, eBay et al to pay their full whack of tax.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Dropshipping on 15:00 - Aug 18 with 1548 viewshampstead_blue

Dropshipping on 10:10 - Aug 18 by Herbivore

So I was looking at the practice of Dropshipping.
When I saw the article I simply was interested in the term as much as anything.

It seemed like they were tarting-up the age old 'buy low, sell high' principle.

I totally agree with your sentiment about standards etc. We don't shop in certain stores because of the risk of workers not being treated fairly.
I took slight umbridge at your assumption and alluding to my supporting poor practices, which I do not.

Using buyers money as cash flow is fair enough though.#

As for buying unseen, well we pretty much do it most of the time on sites such as Amazon and Facebook. Nothing new there.

I'm curious as to the article and people's experiences of the whole thing. That's all. Just interested.

Would I buy into a supply line of goods and sell them on? Hell yes and I have done so often in the past.

A few years back I had a really good supply of vintage and a limited supply of brand new Omega watches and Official Rolex branded goods from the USA. Made a very good return indeed. Customers were very happy. All goods sold were 100% genuine.
I'll do it again. Why not.

I was seeing Drop shipping as a similar process.

Dropshipping on 15:01 - Aug 18 with 1541 viewsLibero

Dropshipping on 15:00 - Aug 18 by hampstead_blue

So I was looking at the practice of Dropshipping.
When I saw the article I simply was interested in the term as much as anything.

It seemed like they were tarting-up the age old 'buy low, sell high' principle.

I totally agree with your sentiment about standards etc. We don't shop in certain stores because of the risk of workers not being treated fairly.
I took slight umbridge at your assumption and alluding to my supporting poor practices, which I do not.

Using buyers money as cash flow is fair enough though.#

As for buying unseen, well we pretty much do it most of the time on sites such as Amazon and Facebook. Nothing new there.

I'm curious as to the article and people's experiences of the whole thing. That's all. Just interested.

Would I buy into a supply line of goods and sell them on? Hell yes and I have done so often in the past.

A few years back I had a really good supply of vintage and a limited supply of brand new Omega watches and Official Rolex branded goods from the USA. Made a very good return indeed. Customers were very happy. All goods sold were 100% genuine.
I'll do it again. Why not.

I was seeing Drop shipping as a similar process.

lol, so disingenuous.
Dropshipping on 15:24 - Aug 18 with 1505 viewshampstead_blue

Dropshipping on 10:25 - Aug 18 by Herbivore

I agree with your thoughts save the point on profit which I see differently.

It does seem that the term Dropshipping has been tagged onto a specific behaviour which doesn't sit within my boundaries of what is appropriate for business.

The answer was almost there in the image of a young bloke sat by a Lambo. One minute he's broke and now he's been able to exercise his poor taste in ways beyond his previous means.

Dropshipping on 15:53 - Aug 18 with 1474 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

I know it's old hat now but ...

It's one thing to jump in as a middle man with an unethical process to turn a profit.
It's quite another when huge sums of taxpayers' money are simply handed over to you by your pals in government so that, at best, you can perform the same function.

Ayanda Capital Ltd, currency traders, awarded a contract worth £252.5m to supply face masks.
Aventis Solutions, employment agency, awarded an £18.5m contract to supply face masks.
Clandeboye Agencies Limited, confectioner, awarded a £108m contract to provide PPE.
PestFix, pest control, awarded a £108m contract to provide PPE.

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Dropshipping on 16:03 - Aug 18 with 1462 viewsitfcjoe

Dropshipping on 15:24 - Aug 18 by hampstead_blue

I agree with your thoughts save the point on profit which I see differently.

It does seem that the term Dropshipping has been tagged onto a specific behaviour which doesn't sit within my boundaries of what is appropriate for business.

The answer was almost there in the image of a young bloke sat by a Lambo. One minute he's broke and now he's been able to exercise his poor taste in ways beyond his previous means.

It's just acting as a middle man but with no regard for your customer - with no quality assurance of the product it's not ethical - it's just a big shortcut to try and extract money

Totally different to, as an example, going out to China, finding a supply partner, marketing for them and working with them as a partner to sell their goods to a new market. That sort of thing is normal and happens all the time and utilises peoples strengths....

....this is just people making a quick buck with no regard at all for the consumer, whilst taking no risk.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Dropshipping on 16:10 - Aug 18 with 1453 viewsHerbivore

Dropshipping on 15:53 - Aug 18 by You_Bloo_Right

I know it's old hat now but ...

It's one thing to jump in as a middle man with an unethical process to turn a profit.
It's quite another when huge sums of taxpayers' money are simply handed over to you by your pals in government so that, at best, you can perform the same function.

Ayanda Capital Ltd, currency traders, awarded a contract worth £252.5m to supply face masks.
Aventis Solutions, employment agency, awarded an £18.5m contract to supply face masks.
Clandeboye Agencies Limited, confectioner, awarded a £108m contract to provide PPE.
PestFix, pest control, awarded a £108m contract to provide PPE.

Excellent point. Essentially the government went nuts deep on paying its buddies to act as dropshippers.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024