Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"i hate men" 13:51 - Sep 10 with 996 viewsgiant_stow

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/sep/10/french-writer-book-pauline-harmang

poor hubby is my first dim witted thought.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

"i hate men" on 13:56 - Sep 10 with 962 viewsJ2BLUE

Reading her comments i'm genuinely amazed she managed to get a book deal for saying 'we don't have to like men'. Hardly revolutionary. I might write a book called 'I Hate Food' as most choking incidents involve food, especially if you've written a book called I Hate Men.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

(No subject) on 14:25 - Sep 10 with 901 viewsRyorry

Silly cow. Stupid generalisations like that are liable to set the cause of equality back.

And I note that

1. "Harmange, 25, is a mix of bemused and shell-shocked to find herself in the middle of a literary and political storm. “I didn’t expect this. It’s been an enormous surprise,”

2. "The first 450-copy print run was quickly snapped up, as was the following two reprints. Now 2,500 copies have been sold.
🤣

Talk about storm in a teacup - I'd have thought The Guardian (which I subscribe to online) would have better things to be focussing on.

Edit to point out just in the interests of equality, that if a bloke had written that I'd have called him a silly bullsh1tter :)
[Post edited 10 Sep 2020 14:29]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

"i hate men" on 14:26 - Sep 10 with 897 viewsFtnfwest

Shouldn't she be saying ' i hate people who don't menstruate'?
(No subject) on 14:28 - Sep 10 with 883 viewsRyorry

(No subject) on 14:25 - Sep 10 by Ryorry

Silly cow. Stupid generalisations like that are liable to set the cause of equality back.

And I note that

1. "Harmange, 25, is a mix of bemused and shell-shocked to find herself in the middle of a literary and political storm. “I didn’t expect this. It’s been an enormous surprise,”

2. "The first 450-copy print run was quickly snapped up, as was the following two reprints. Now 2,500 copies have been sold.
🤣

Talk about storm in a teacup - I'd have thought The Guardian (which I subscribe to online) would have better things to be focussing on.

Edit to point out just in the interests of equality, that if a bloke had written that I'd have called him a silly bullsh1tter :)
[Post edited 10 Sep 2020 14:29]

Sort of double post deleted by this myopic moo
[Post edited 10 Sep 2020 14:33]

"i hate men" on 14:37 - Sep 10 with 850 viewshomer_123

What about men that identify as women?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

"i hate men" on 14:37 - Sep 10 with 847 viewshomer_123

"i hate men" on 13:56 - Sep 10 by J2BLUE

Reading her comments i'm genuinely amazed she managed to get a book deal for saying 'we don't have to like men'. Hardly revolutionary. I might write a book called 'I Hate Food' as most choking incidents involve food, especially if you've written a book called I Hate Men.

"...as most choking incidents involve food, J2Blue has prepared..."

Edited for you.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

"i hate men" on 14:44 - Sep 10 with 833 viewsJ2BLUE

"i hate men" on 14:37 - Sep 10 by homer_123

What about men that identify as women?

Run Homer. Run and don't look back.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

"i hate men" on 18:46 - Sep 10 with 692 viewsGuthrum

Tho, like many of these things, her point is more nuanced than the title or the hysteria would suggest.

It is true that the majority of recorded sexual and domestic violence is perpetrated by men againt women. A point likely to be magnified by working with a refuge/support group. That would give rational cause for a woman to be cautious about men, especially those not well known to them.

The fact is, Harmange clearly does not hate all men, as she is prepared to make exceptions - indeed is married to one.

Perhaps it is a mistake to err too far on the side of caution and in generalising too much (after all, only a small minority of men are responsible for those acts of violence). But there are, equally, a number of examples where being too trusting has led to serious, even fatal, results.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Login to get fewer ads

"i hate men" on 18:55 - Sep 10 with 677 viewsRyorry

"i hate men" on 18:46 - Sep 10 by Guthrum

Tho, like many of these things, her point is more nuanced than the title or the hysteria would suggest.

It is true that the majority of recorded sexual and domestic violence is perpetrated by men againt women. A point likely to be magnified by working with a refuge/support group. That would give rational cause for a woman to be cautious about men, especially those not well known to them.

The fact is, Harmange clearly does not hate all men, as she is prepared to make exceptions - indeed is married to one.

Perhaps it is a mistake to err too far on the side of caution and in generalising too much (after all, only a small minority of men are responsible for those acts of violence). But there are, equally, a number of examples where being too trusting has led to serious, even fatal, results.

The problem is Guthers that such sweeping statements as hers (aided and abetted by the over-egged Guardian headline) tend to alienate large numbers of people who then become that much more dismissive of gender equality & problems experienced mostly by women as you describe.

"i hate men" on 19:01 - Sep 10 with 661 viewsNewcyBlue

"i hate men" on 14:37 - Sep 10 by homer_123

"...as most choking incidents involve food, J2Blue has prepared..."

Edited for you.

Nobody is that brave or stupid...

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024