Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mcgoldrick, Webster, Waghorn, Garner 15:08 - Dec 4 with 1130 viewsstiff_talking

It had nothing to do with Mick why we went down

The team he assembled was dismantled by Evans himself

Our drop is not Manager related but in lack of quality player trading
Mcgoldrick, Webster, Waghorn, Garner on 15:10 - Dec 4 with 1100 viewsartsbossbeard

There's 2 in that list that had no intention of playing under the manager of the time.*

*No, not Mick.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Mcgoldrick, Webster, Waghorn, Garner on 15:12 - Dec 4 with 1074 viewsDubtractor

When you look at who we replaced those players with it makes you want to cry.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Mcgoldrick, Webster, Waghorn, Garner on 15:12 - Dec 4 with 1070 viewsBlueBadger

One of those players was sold by an inept manager in order to fund the purchases of Nolan and Nsiala.

I'd say that's pretty manager related.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Mcgoldrick, Webster, Waghorn, Garner on 15:16 - Dec 4 with 1027 viewsBloomBlue

Waghorn would have stayed if Mick had stayed the only reason he left is because Mick left, possibly the same with Garner
Mcgoldrick, Webster, Waghorn, Garner on 15:18 - Dec 4 with 1013 viewsjudespiveyg

5 million at the time for Webster I still think was the right call. He was often injured and in all honesty was just okay when he played. We'd have been better off keeping Matt Clarke and saving the £700000 in the first place.

Bristol City gambled and it paid off for them. Webster's gone on to have a better career than he probably would have had he stayed. It's one of those transfers where I think all parties benefited.

Similar for McGoldrick, absolutely loved him as a player, but he was so injury prone for us that it was hard to justify keeping him on as the clubs top earner. He's said himself that moving on was for the best as he'd got too comfortable.

However, selling Garner and Waghorn so we could buy Nsiala, Nolan, Donacien and Jackson seemed pretty reckless even at the time.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

Mcgoldrick, Webster, Waghorn, Garner on 15:20 - Dec 4 with 997 viewsclive_baker

Mcgoldrick, Webster, Waghorn, Garner on 15:12 - Dec 4 by Dubtractor

When you look at who we replaced those players with it makes you want to cry.

Sure does, especially to the extent we did. Could get away with losing a McGoldrick and bringing in a Nolan, or even cashing in on Waghorn and bringing in Jackson, but to lose 5 or 6 of that quality and replace them with Donacien, Roberts, Nolan, Toto, Harrison etc was absolutely bonkers.

Marcus Evans can get in the sea. He's overseeing this operation. Yes, there were some valid calls that MM's time was probably up, but I didn't see any of our fan base asking for Paul Hurst and demanding he asset stripped the squad to replace them with a string of unproven players at Championship level. Evans signed that off and chose that path, nobdy else. He should fecking well hold his hands up to it before he starts pointing at fans. Absolute melt.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Mcgoldrick, Webster, Waghorn, Garner on 15:26 - Dec 4 with 962 viewsPrideOfTheEast

It was his mistake in choosing Hurst and he has to shoulder the blame for that. There are plenty of good managers out there other than Mick McCarthy, although of course we haven't seen any of them in his tenure.

I can see why Evans backed his man in letting Hurst completely overhaul the squad that Summer. Plenty on here were very excited by that but there were more than a few of us who said it was crazy to lose the backbone of a team that should have been doing much more under Mick, and replace them with people from lower divisions. All at the same time!

Comes back to where we always land. It needs a different structure with more football people involved, of which we are blessed with some many Ipswich people who still attend games and operate around the club in one way or another.
Mcgoldrick, Webster, Waghorn, Garner on 21:25 - Dec 4 with 711 viewsstiff_talking

Mcgoldrick, Webster, Waghorn, Garner on 15:26 - Dec 4 by PrideOfTheEast

It was his mistake in choosing Hurst and he has to shoulder the blame for that. There are plenty of good managers out there other than Mick McCarthy, although of course we haven't seen any of them in his tenure.

I can see why Evans backed his man in letting Hurst completely overhaul the squad that Summer. Plenty on here were very excited by that but there were more than a few of us who said it was crazy to lose the backbone of a team that should have been doing much more under Mick, and replace them with people from lower divisions. All at the same time!

Comes back to where we always land. It needs a different structure with more football people involved, of which we are blessed with some many Ipswich people who still attend games and operate around the club in one way or another.

Evans went for Hurst as he wanted to develop lower order players as they were cheaper.

Evans always cutting cost and lowering the standard of the club.

If he wanted promotion this year he could have invested ahead of the vote.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024