Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Could ITFC be running out of time again? 17:09 - Dec 18 with 1982 viewswkj

Looking at the surge in Covid numbers and increasing tier status across the UK. Posh and Newcastle players hit with covid - I am starting to feel in the lower leagues may not play all the games again. Although the vaccine is here, there is a staggering complacency in parts of the public and I think we could see the highest peak hit the UK since it began last year some time in February.

Just a strong hunch at this stage, but I don't think town, and other teams, have the entire season to fight for promotion, once again.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Could ITFC be running out of time again? on 17:11 - Dec 18 with 1950 viewsElderGrizzly

No, I think there is a commitment to complete the season. That is why the extra funding is coming down from the PL
Could ITFC be running out of time again? on 17:14 - Dec 18 with 1934 viewsSteve_M

I think it's unlikely that football will be suspended as it was last season. Part of the reason for that was to put in place measures to reduce the risk of infection. I think it's far more likely that there will not be fans at matches from January until about April.

If the majority of League 1 clubs cry off again this season then we really are on the road to part-time divisions.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Could ITFC be running out of time again? on 03:51 - Dec 20 with 1435 viewswkj

Could ITFC be running out of time again? on 17:14 - Dec 18 by Steve_M

I think it's unlikely that football will be suspended as it was last season. Part of the reason for that was to put in place measures to reduce the risk of infection. I think it's far more likely that there will not be fans at matches from January until about April.

If the majority of League 1 clubs cry off again this season then we really are on the road to part-time divisions.

The latest news from town certainly add more worry to this.

Could ITFC be running out of time again? on 08:41 - Dec 20 with 1182 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Could ITFC be running out of time again? on 11:16 - Dec 22 with 800 viewswkj

Could ITFC be running out of time again? on 08:41 - Dec 20 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Each passing day makes this prediction seem less and less unlikely. What a shambles 2020 has been. I really think many people jumped the gun trying to engage in "Life as normal" at a critical time.

Could ITFC be running out of time again? on 11:25 - Dec 22 with 777 viewsTieDyedIn95

Could ITFC be running out of time again? on 17:14 - Dec 18 by Steve_M

It wouldn't shock me given how badly this league is run.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Could ITFC be running out of time again? on 11:49 - Dec 22 with 728 viewscatch74

‘We’d like to recommend a circuit breaker’

Muffled voices in the background
‘when are Gwi, Nors, Bish, Flynn and KVY due back?’
‘all early Jan’

‘Ipswich would like to recommend a circuit breaker until January 15th.’

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Could ITFC be running out of time again? on 12:06 - Dec 22 with 683 viewsRadlett_blue

The stupidity was the football authorities insisting on playing in full all the near pointless cup competitions plus a myriad of friendly international fixtures in what was already likely to be an interrupted season.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Login to get fewer ads

Could ITFC be running out of time again? on 12:07 - Dec 22 with 677 viewsJammyDodgerrr

I think it if it is suspended, at this stage, they would not finish the season on PPG. They would just put it on hold and come back to play when a bit safer.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024