Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I feel most sorry for Bryan Gunn 13:41 - Jan 10 with 1352 viewsbazza

Paul lambert inherited that team and basked in the glory ... he’s a sh%t manager with a sh%t record.. no amount of free pies pints or tickets for matches will change that. And I
Agree with a previous poster.. time for a clean out. Start from scratch there’s to many old hangers on now.
I feel most sorry for Bryan Gunn on 15:15 - Jan 10 with 1169 viewsDinnernotTea

Worth noting Hoolahan and Holt weren't signed by Lambert. In fact I don't know who he signed there that was good, I'm sure a few but come on without those two they probably would still be in L1.

I still don't think he's signed anyone decent here either. People will point out Norwood but due to a range of reasons he will never get 20 a season which is the only reason we probably offered him silly wages (for L1) and a silly signing on fee.

Beware of The Ipswich Cabbages

I feel most sorry for Bryan Gunn on 15:35 - Jan 10 with 1105 viewsStewart27

I feel most sorry for Bryan Gunn on 15:15 - Jan 10 by DinnernotTea

Worth noting Hoolahan and Holt weren't signed by Lambert. In fact I don't know who he signed there that was good, I'm sure a few but come on without those two they probably would still be in L1.

I still don't think he's signed anyone decent here either. People will point out Norwood but due to a range of reasons he will never get 20 a season which is the only reason we probably offered him silly wages (for L1) and a silly signing on fee.

KVY

For the 5 games that we’ll ever see of him in a town shirt.
I feel most sorry for Bryan Gunn on 15:40 - Jan 10 with 1091 viewsbournemouthblue

They picked up Hoolahan when we should have been signing him really, that one surprised me at the time, that was a canny signing. I think it was about £250k?

He took a while to settle and become the player people thought he wouldn't become

In fairness to Lambert, I think he did find a position which got the most out of him

He's comfortably their most important player for the last 20 years I would say

Holt again was a decent player, that was a smart signing. I don't quite see us signing an equivalent sadly.

I think Norwood is a smart addition but he isn't a magic bullet.

What Lambert managed with Norwich, given the position they were in has single handedly taken them above us.

You can't do down those achievements, whether he is having a shocker with us or not.
[Post edited 10 Jan 2021 15:41]

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

I feel most sorry for Bryan Gunn on 15:42 - Jan 10 with 1063 viewsDinnernotTea

I feel most sorry for Bryan Gunn on 15:35 - Jan 10 by Stewart27

KVY

For the 5 games that we’ll ever see of him in a town shirt.

I'll give you that. But I guess once he completes a full season or 40 odd apps in an Ipswich shirt we can't fully tell yet.

Beware of The Ipswich Cabbages

I feel most sorry for Bryan Gunn on 15:47 - Jan 10 with 1046 viewsBlueBadger

I feel most sorry for Bryan Gunn on 15:42 - Jan 10 by DinnernotTea

I'll give you that. But I guess once he completes a full season or 40 odd apps in an Ipswich shirt we can't fully tell yet.

I'm not sure we can afford to wait 5 years for him to do that.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

I feel most sorry for Bryan Gunn on 15:52 - Jan 10 with 1020 viewsTieDyedIn95

I feel most sorry for Bryan Gunn on 15:40 - Jan 10 by bournemouthblue

They picked up Hoolahan when we should have been signing him really, that one surprised me at the time, that was a canny signing. I think it was about £250k?

He took a while to settle and become the player people thought he wouldn't become

In fairness to Lambert, I think he did find a position which got the most out of him

Holt again was a decent player, that was a smart signing. I don't quite see us signing an equivalent sadly.

What Lambert managed with Norwich, given the position they were in has single handedly taken them above us.

You can't do down those achievements, whether he is having a shocker with us or not.

People forget that behind the scenes that Norwich is an amazingly well run club, with a board that genuine cares about the football team and the community in and around Norwich. There is an infrastructure there and a love and care there that simply doesn't exist here. No good manager would ever thrive in the environment Evans has created at Ipswich, you could put any manager in charge of this and nothing will change because the club is rotten through.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

I feel most sorry for Bryan Gunn on 18:25 - Jan 10 with 845 viewsbournemouthblue

I feel most sorry for Bryan Gunn on 15:52 - Jan 10 by TieDyedIn95

People forget that behind the scenes that Norwich is an amazingly well run club, with a board that genuine cares about the football team and the community in and around Norwich. There is an infrastructure there and a love and care there that simply doesn't exist here. No good manager would ever thrive in the environment Evans has created at Ipswich, you could put any manager in charge of this and nothing will change because the club is rotten through.

You are fairly accurate but when Lambert came in, they were in a mess, they had been sleep walking to relegation and then went down

The turn around they had from Lambert onwards was sickening really, it coincided with Evans here and we know the rest of the story

I do agree with Mick Mills, a bit of Prem money would have reset us, sadly it has never happened

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

I feel most sorry for Bryan Gunn on 18:35 - Jan 10 with 818 viewsTexacoCup

Before we get carried away with norwich, it's not long ago their fans were calling for the heads of managers - Hughton and Neil among them, there was also a big 'Blue Action' style attempt at overthrowing Delia and friends...
Login to get fewer ads

I feel most sorry for Bryan Gunn on 19:20 - Jan 10 with 741 viewsbackwaywhen

I feel most sorry for Bryan Gunn on 18:25 - Jan 10 by bournemouthblue

You are fairly accurate but when Lambert came in, they were in a mess, they had been sleep walking to relegation and then went down

The turn around they had from Lambert onwards was sickening really, it coincided with Evans here and we know the rest of the story

I do agree with Mick Mills, a bit of Prem money would have reset us, sadly it has never happened

It has been said a thousand times , Lambert got the glory for the work and coaching of Ian Culverhouse , as soon as they parted at Villa Lambert has been lost .
I feel most sorry for Bryan Gunn on 19:21 - Jan 10 with 733 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

I feel most sorry for Bryan Gunn on 19:25 - Jan 10 with 715 viewsBryanPlug

I feel most sorry for Bryan Gunn on 15:40 - Jan 10 by bournemouthblue

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024