Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Non interested Owner non interested Manager non interested Fan 10:46 - Jan 16 with 931 viewsskankerman

I read many of the posts on here and I don't think I am alone that I am regretfully losing interest with a club I have supported over 40years.
It's not because we are in League 1 and not pushing for the dizzy heights of the premiership, it's much more than that, having a disinterested owner , having a Manager not fit for purpose, supporting a club that it seemingly feels is lost at sea; not even bothered with trying to generate a better feel good factor by pushing for a decent cup run, the connection has been lost.
The thing that bothers me even more is the fanbase are treated appallingly, only when it suits the club to communicate effectively is when they are pushing for season ticket sales.
Real shame that I am losing the magic of supporting this once great club, where i could feel the hairs on the back of my neck when the players would come out of the tunnel and genuine pride in the club.
Now I think today the best result for the club is to lose @Burton and hopefully a new manager can have the passion to rekindle my spirits and put some pride back into the club.
Non interested Owner non interested Manager non interested Fan on 10:50 - Jan 16 with 907 viewstextbackup

with you my man. I wouldn't give two shts what league we are in, that's not my issue.

its the lack of direction, caring, anything, from the top that fcks me off. they can say all they want. fact of the matter every single year we get worse. if we were talking 2/3 years of this id understand people saying give it time..... we are 12/14 years deep.

its an utter shambles. and you know what, nothing will change, and nobody will do anything about it.

evans knew he was getting sleepy Suffolk folk that moan, and never act.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Non interested Owner non interested Manager non interested Fan on 10:52 - Jan 16 with 890 viewsSwansea_Blue

That about sums it up. It’s been said on here many a time, but it feels like death by a thousand cuts. We have a little false dawn like the start of this season where we play well and pick up a few point, but then it all turns predictably rubbish again. People have been losing interest for a number of years now and it’s no wonder. It’s flat on and off the pitch.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Non interested Owner non interested Manager non interested Fan on 11:56 - Jan 16 with 804 viewsPendejo

Anyone who genuinely lost interest would surely stop all ITFC linked activity / interaction.

Just by visiting here shows a level of hanging on to something, actually posting surely indicates much much more, a sort of "cry for help"*

*a collective one from all of us...

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Non interested Owner non interested Manager non interested Fan on 12:44 - Jan 16 with 754 viewsTieDyedIn95

Non interested Owner non interested Manager non interested Fan on 10:52 - Jan 16 by Swansea_Blue

That about sums it up. It’s been said on here many a time, but it feels like death by a thousand cuts. We have a little false dawn like the start of this season where we play well and pick up a few point, but then it all turns predictably rubbish again. People have been losing interest for a number of years now and it’s no wonder. It’s flat on and off the pitch.

I am largely considered a heretic for this thought, but wouldn't it have been better for us to go out of business knowing what we had achieved then the club lived to see this? If all we have history, then let that be. History can't be taken away, but watching the thing you once lived for become a broken shell with no future is painful beyond belief. Especially knowing it is only going to get worse from now.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Non interested Owner non interested Manager non interested Fan on 13:00 - Jan 16 with 716 viewstextbackup

Non interested Owner non interested Manager non interested Fan on 12:44 - Jan 16 by TieDyedIn95

I am largely considered a heretic for this thought, but wouldn't it have been better for us to go out of business knowing what we had achieved then the club lived to see this? If all we have history, then let that be. History can't be taken away, but watching the thing you once lived for become a broken shell with no future is painful beyond belief. Especially knowing it is only going to get worse from now.

if we'd folded when we went into admin, think of the promotions we'd have had with the new break away team by now

Non interested Owner non interested Manager non interested Fan on 13:02 - Jan 16 with 712 viewsTieDyedIn95

Non interested Owner non interested Manager non interested Fan on 13:00 - Jan 16 by textbackup

if we'd folded when we went into admin, think of the promotions we'd have had with the new break away team by now

If Wimbledon is anything to go by, given the size of our support, we'd have had a much better time supporting AFC Ipswich, then Marcus Evans's Ipswich Town thats for sure.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Non interested Owner non interested Manager non interested Fan on 13:04 - Jan 16 with 706 viewsKeaneish

Non interested Owner non interested Manager non interested Fan on 10:50 - Jan 16 by textbackup

with you my man. I wouldn't give two shts what league we are in, that's not my issue.

its the lack of direction, caring, anything, from the top that fcks me off. they can say all they want. fact of the matter every single year we get worse. if we were talking 2/3 years of this id understand people saying give it time..... we are 12/14 years deep.

its an utter shambles. and you know what, nothing will change, and nobody will do anything about it.

evans knew he was getting sleepy Suffolk folk that moan, and never act.

What annoys me the most about this isn’t the apathy and general malaise from Lambert, it’s the fact that we have to wait months before we can vent against nonsense like this. He’s getting a free ride with no fan pressure so feels comfortable saying this.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Non interested Owner non interested Manager non interested Fan on 13:10 - Jan 16 with 672 viewstextbackup

Non interested Owner non interested Manager non interested Fan on 13:04 - Jan 16 by Keaneish

What annoys me the most about this isn’t the apathy and general malaise from Lambert, it’s the fact that we have to wait months before we can vent against nonsense like this. He’s getting a free ride with no fan pressure so feels comfortable saying this.

yep, all of it falls in place perfect for him.

Saturday would have been absolutely mental if we were all in there

Login to get fewer ads

Non interested Owner non interested Manager non interested Fan on 13:17 - Jan 16 with 653 viewsbackwaywhen

Agree with all the above , it saddens me to say , although been going to watch Town since 1968 and it is not always about the glory and we have witnessed a fair bit , it about the love care and affection, not forgetting the Pride of being Blue . All that is sadly diminishing with every season that’s passes bye.
Still have a big love for the club , but not any of those in charge of running it.
COYBs
Non interested Owner non interested Manager non interested Fan on 13:29 - Jan 16 with 613 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Non interested Owner non interested Manager non interested Fan on 12:44 - Jan 16 by TieDyedIn95

It does sound awful but it would be better to go out of business and start the type of AFC Wimbledon route. We would be free of Evans.

We've been drifting along without any ambitions and direction for many years so what's the actual point of our existence under Evans?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024