Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Downes gets two game ban starting Saturday 14:09 - Feb 17 with 876 viewsitfc_tom

Odd as I thought two yellows was just the usual one game ban?
Downes gets two game ban starting Saturday on 14:16 - Feb 17 with 814 viewsEastTownBlue

It is a two match ban for a red card for offensive, insulting and abusive language.
Downes gets two game ban starting Saturday on 14:17 - Feb 17 with 796 viewsHipsterectomy

Downes gets two game ban starting Saturday on 14:16 - Feb 17 by EastTownBlue

It is a two match ban for a red card for offensive, insulting and abusive language.

If only the ref had hair

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Downes gets two game ban starting Saturday on 14:20 - Feb 17 with 765 viewsmonty_radio

Perhaps he was challenging the ref to settle who was the biggest guy on the block.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Downes gets two game ban starting Saturday on 14:50 - Feb 17 with 681 viewsbadadski

Downes gets two game ban starting Saturday on 14:20 - Feb 17 by monty_radio

Perhaps he was challenging the ref to settle who was the biggest guy on the block.

Surely itfc only have to show a video of every other player using abusive language during the game who didn’t get carded to get it over turned ?

You can’t have one player sent off for it and not others as it then becomes prejudicial and
Shows un toward bias. Also don’t refs record bookings in their notebook and submit a report after the game to show who he had given a yellow or red?

To think the ref that sent off Souczek quit because he was getting death threats over sending a player off when it was not as obvious to me that he shouldn’t have been sent off and we still have this ref giving poxy apologies.
Downes gets two game ban starting Saturday on 14:54 - Feb 17 with 664 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Downes gets two game ban starting Saturday on 14:50 - Feb 17 by badadski

Surely itfc only have to show a video of every other player using abusive language during the game who didn’t get carded to get it over turned ?

You can’t have one player sent off for it and not others as it then becomes prejudicial and
Shows un toward bias. Also don’t refs record bookings in their notebook and submit a report after the game to show who he had given a yellow or red?

To think the ref that sent off Souczek quit because he was getting death threats over sending a player off when it was not as obvious to me that he shouldn’t have been sent off and we still have this ref giving poxy apologies.

It really depends on what was said. Some insults are perceived as worse than others.
"Are you f cking kidding Ref" is hardly the same a as something similar about his wife or dropping the C bomb.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Downes gets two game ban starting Saturday on 14:55 - Feb 17 with 652 viewsSwansea_Blue

Ah right, thanks. That clears it up then as it was definitely a straight red. So it was obviously for calling the ref a c-unit (or similar). Which in fairness seems factually correct, but there we go.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2021 14:58]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Downes gets two game ban starting Saturday on 15:00 - Feb 17 with 623 viewsbadadski

Downes gets two game ban starting Saturday on 14:55 - Feb 17 by Swansea_Blue

Ah right, thanks. That clears it up then as it was definitely a straight red. So it was obviously for calling the ref a c-unit (or similar). Which in fairness seems factually correct, but there we go.

So I wonder what did judge say that inflicted a far worse reaction from the ref that didn’t get him sent off that Downes did ? That’s the weird thing that doesn’t add up.

Although judge looked like he crapped him self in that photo and I’m surprised he didn’t go down clutching his face and rolling around in agony. Can a ref send him self Off for violent conduct ?
Downes gets two game ban starting Saturday on 15:06 - Feb 17 with 594 viewsHighgateBlue

This child was our captain, and he couldn't even convince himself to behave professionally enough to stay on the pitch.

But because the ref behaved immaturely by squaring up to Judge, nobody seems willing to find Downes' behaviour unacceptable. And now he's missing for two games. Just what we really needed.
Login to get fewer ads

Downes gets two game ban starting Saturday on 15:10 - Feb 17 with 575 viewsbadadski

Downes gets two game ban starting Saturday on 15:06 - Feb 17 by HighgateBlue

This child was our captain, and he couldn't even convince himself to behave professionally enough to stay on the pitch.

But because the ref behaved immaturely by squaring up to Judge, nobody seems willing to find Downes' behaviour unacceptable. And now he's missing for two games. Just what we really needed.

I admittedly didn’t have my mic turned up but didn’t hear Downes say anything worse than any other player including Judge and Norwood who were noticeably mouthing off for all the time they were on the pitch so seems a bit harsh on Downes to me . Especially as the ref didn’t seem to know what he was doing or who he was booking.

I think after this game all refs need to have a stump mic built into them - that will help weed out the culprits.
Downes gets two game ban starting Saturday on 15:12 - Feb 17 with 567 viewsSwansea_Blue

Downes gets two game ban starting Saturday on 15:06 - Feb 17 by HighgateBlue

It's only been a matter of minutes since we found out what happened in fairness. But yes, if he saw the red mist again and got himself sent off by abusing the ref, that's stupid.

Downes gets two game ban starting Saturday on 15:14 - Feb 17 with 558 viewsSwansea_Blue

Downes gets two game ban starting Saturday on 15:10 - Feb 17 by badadski

I admittedly didn’t have my mic turned up but didn’t hear Downes say anything worse than any other player including Judge and Norwood who were noticeably mouthing off for all the time they were on the pitch so seems a bit harsh on Downes to me . Especially as the ref didn’t seem to know what he was doing or who he was booking.

I think after this game all refs need to have a stump mic built into them - that will help weed out the culprits.

good idea. I thought they were miced up already, but maybe that only amongst the officials. It works well in rugby, although in footie they'd run into problems pre-watershed with all the swearing.

Downes gets two game ban starting Saturday on 16:00 - Feb 17 with 497 viewslongtimefan

Downes gets two game ban starting Saturday on 14:54 - Feb 17 by Cheltenham_Blue

It really depends on what was said. Some insults are perceived as worse than others.
"Are you f cking kidding Ref" is hardly the same a as something similar about his wife or dropping the C bomb.

The C word, directed at me or other players, coaches, spectators etc was usually my trigger point for a red card. Generally ignored most of the rest unless it got too persistent or aggressive, which would get a yellow. A word when near a mouthy player usually worked, with most players soon getting used to your limits and adapting their behaviour.
Downes gets two game ban starting Saturday on 16:03 - Feb 17 with 483 viewsPinewoodblue

Downes gets two game ban starting Saturday on 14:55 - Feb 17 by Swansea_Blue

Since the ref has already admitted he had lost the plot surely the card gets cancelled.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024