Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Today's Covid figures..... 16:46 - Feb 15 with 2338 viewsBloots

.....under 10k positives.

9,765 tested positive, down 38% from last Monday.
Lowest figure for a Monday since the end of September.

Deaths with Covid (RIP) down 31% from last Monday.

Patients admitted to hospital down 26% in the last 7 days.

"OPEN THE SEX DUNGEONS!"

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

Lambert OUT (n/t) on 16:47 - Feb 15 with 1899 viewsSwansea_Blue

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

"OPEN THE JOB CENTRES!" (n/t) on 16:47 - Feb 15 with 1881 viewsBloots

Lambert OUT (n/t) on 16:47 - Feb 15 by Swansea_Blue

Today's Covid figures..... on 16:49 - Feb 15 with 1878 viewsStokieBlue

It's extremely good progress, still 230 deaths but given where we were it's incredibly positive.

I would say though that now is the time to drive that 10,000 number down to 1000 or 2000 given the R<1 at the moment. A few more weeks and that number can be driven right down then it will take a lot longer to rise again from a lower benchmark, especially with the vaccinations.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Today's Covid figures..... on 16:50 - Feb 15 with 1864 viewshype313

Today's Covid figures..... on 16:49 - Feb 15 by StokieBlue

It's extremely good progress, still 230 deaths but given where we were it's incredibly positive.

I would say though that now is the time to drive that 10,000 number down to 1000 or 2000 given the R<1 at the moment. A few more weeks and that number can be driven right down then it will take a lot longer to rise again from a lower benchmark, especially with the vaccinations.

SB

That 230 deaths is low, but it's always lower on a Monday due to the lag.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Down 31% from last Monday. (n/t) on 16:52 - Feb 15 with 1846 viewsBloots

Today's Covid figures..... on 16:50 - Feb 15 by hype313

At the current rate of decrease.... on 16:56 - Feb 15 with 1826 viewsBloots

SB

....I think we are looking at about another 4/5 weeks before we can think about opening up the non essentials.

But there is definitely light at the end of the cliche.

Lambert out.

Today's Covid figures..... on 16:59 - Feb 15 with 1804 viewsSwansea_Blue

SB

Bonkers innit. We see 230 deaths as a move in the right direction (and it is).

But put t in any other context and we'd be horrified: 'Just the one airliner crash today out of Heathrow - a pretty good day!'.

I struggle to get my head around the scale of loss and suffering that this virus is causing.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Today's Covid figures..... on 17:00 - Feb 15 with 1801 viewsStokieBlue

I think it's a sign of what things have been like the last 3 months that it's considered low. Back in August that would have been seen as a very high number of deaths. Even in October we were quite a bit below that. It's certainly trending in the right direction though and along with the vaccine things are looking up.

As you say though, there is a reporting lag on Mondays so it could jump back up again tomorrow.

SB

Login to get fewer ads

Today's Covid figures..... on 17:22 - Feb 15 with 1693 viewsIllinoisblue

Similar downward trend over here. I am mildly encouraged. Not something Town fans are used to saying.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Today's Covid figures..... on 17:23 - Feb 15 with 1690 views26_Paz

Certainly positive figures and whilst it may still be a little early for sex dungeons hopefully the plan set out next week can afford to be a little bit bolder than may have been anticipated a couple of weeks ago.

The Paz Man

Indeed, we've been hit badly by..... on 17:25 - Feb 15 with 1675 viewsBloots

Today's Covid figures..... on 17:22 - Feb 15 by Illinoisblue

Similar downward trend over here. I am mildly encouraged. Not something Town fans are used to saying.

....the Scottish variant.

Today's Covid figures..... on 17:25 - Feb 15 with 1677 viewsDubtractor

Today's Covid figures..... on 17:23 - Feb 15 by 26_Paz

Certainly positive figures and whilst it may still be a little early for sex dungeons hopefully the plan set out next week can afford to be a little bit bolder than may have been anticipated a couple of weeks ago.

Tbh, there is an obvious ventilation issue in a dungeon, so might need to be an open air sex arena for a little while yet.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Today's Covid figures..... on 17:27 - Feb 15 with 1669 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Today's Covid figures..... on 17:22 - Feb 15 by Illinoisblue

How is the trend explained over there given limited vaccinations and lockdown restrictions?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

Today's Covid figures..... on 17:27 - Feb 15 with 1667 viewsvapour_trail

Today's Covid figures..... on 17:25 - Feb 15 by Dubtractor

Tbh, there is an obvious ventilation issue in a dungeon, so might need to be an open air sex arena for a little while yet.

That’s a subtle way to invite Paz to go dogging with you, dubbers.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Today's Covid figures..... on 17:34 - Feb 15 with 1652 viewsStokieBlue

Today's Covid figures..... on 17:27 - Feb 15 by BanksterDebtSlave

How is the trend explained over there given limited vaccinations and lockdown restrictions?

The US have been vaccinating loads since Biden got in.

"More than 65.9 million vaccine doses have been distributed in the U.S. and about 44.7 million have been administered, according to the CDC."

That was from 4 days ago. Things have changed once someone who isn't a total idiot is in charge.

SB

Today's Covid figures..... on 17:37 - Feb 15 with 1639 views26_Paz

Today's Covid figures..... on 17:27 - Feb 15 by vapour_trail

That’s a subtle way to invite Paz to go dogging with you, dubbers.

He’s not made out of wood ... yet

The Paz Man

Today's Covid figures..... on 17:44 - Feb 15 with 1597 views26_Paz

Today's Covid figures..... on 17:34 - Feb 15 by StokieBlue

The US have been vaccinating loads since Biden got in.

"More than 65.9 million vaccine doses have been distributed in the U.S. and about 44.7 million have been administered, according to the CDC."

That was from 4 days ago. Things have changed once someone who isn't a total idiot is in charge.

SB

Not sure that’s really fair ... trump leaving just happened to coincide with when supply increased globally
And those doses would have been ordered way before Biden’s time in office ...
[Post edited 15 Feb 2021 17:46]

The Paz Man

Today's Covid figures..... on 17:51 - Feb 15 with 1554 viewsStokieBlue

Today's Covid figures..... on 17:44 - Feb 15 by 26_Paz

Not sure that’s really fair ... trump leaving just happened to coincide with when supply increased globally
And those doses would have been ordered way before Biden’s time in office ...
[Post edited 15 Feb 2021 17:46]

Are you sure you want to take the route of defending Trump?

There is a big difference between ordering vaccines and having a plan to distribute and use them. We have seen this with the EU and with the US prior to Trumps departure. Sources from the White House said there was no plan in place when Trump left so they had to draw one up immediately:

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/01/21/politics/biden-covid-vaccination-trump/index.

Trump shouldn't get any credit for the US vaccination plan, it's working in spite of him, not because of him.

SB
[Post edited 15 Feb 2021 17:52]

Today's Covid figures..... on 18:09 - Feb 15 with 1494 views26_Paz

Today's Covid figures..... on 17:51 - Feb 15 by StokieBlue

Are you sure you want to take the route of defending Trump?

There is a big difference between ordering vaccines and having a plan to distribute and use them. We have seen this with the EU and with the US prior to Trumps departure. Sources from the White House said there was no plan in place when Trump left so they had to draw one up immediately:

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/01/21/politics/biden-covid-vaccination-trump/index.

Trump shouldn't get any credit for the US vaccination plan, it's working in spite of him, not because of him.

SB
[Post edited 15 Feb 2021 17:52]

I’m just saying that all countries have increased significantly since 20th January or whenever inauguration was so I’m not sure Biden becoming President can be put down as the sole and direct cause of increased vaccinations in that time

The Paz Man

Today's Covid figures..... on 18:15 - Feb 15 with 1478 viewsBasuco

The seven day average for today is 657, down from 891 last Monday, this takes out the reporting lag and gives a more accurate figure. I cannot see how this level death's every day is deemed acceptable to Tom Hunt and his far right wing group of MP's currently calling for restrictions to be eased off.
Today's Covid figures..... on 18:19 - Feb 15 with 1470 viewsIllinoisblue

Today's Covid figures..... on 17:27 - Feb 15 by BanksterDebtSlave

What do you mean by explained? The data in my state... lowest new case totals since August.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Today's Covid figures..... on 18:22 - Feb 15 with 1463 viewsBasuco

Today's Covid figures..... on 17:00 - Feb 15 by StokieBlue

I think it's a sign of what things have been like the last 3 months that it's considered low. Back in August that would have been seen as a very high number of deaths. Even in October we were quite a bit below that. It's certainly trending in the right direction though and along with the vaccine things are looking up.

As you say though, there is a reporting lag on Mondays so it could jump back up again tomorrow.

SB

On Monday 12th October there were 50 death's and a 7 day average of 72 death's, as you say quite a bit lower than today.
Today's Covid figures..... on 18:29 - Feb 15 with 1448 viewsBasuco

Time for "eat out to help get to lockdown 3" to be introduced by the government.
Today's Covid figures..... on 18:30 - Feb 15 with 1443 views26_Paz

Today's Covid figures..... on 18:29 - Feb 15 by Basuco

Time for "eat out to help get to lockdown 3" to be introduced by the government.

We’re already in lockdown 3 ...

The Paz Man

Today's Covid figures..... on 18:31 - Feb 15 with 1436 viewsBasingstokeBlue

That's why he's comparing Mondays with Mondays.

Poll: What do you think of the three stars being relocated?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024