Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Was it too early for KD? 10:17 - Mar 1 with 516 viewsfooters

To come in as caretaker instead of Gill/Klug? Would've liked to have seen him given a run of games, but is it still the owner's belief that we can get promoted this year, hence not trusting KD with the top job?

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Was it too early for KD? on 10:19 - Mar 1 with 508 viewsDubtractor

If the rumours are right that Gill has been more involved in team selection and tactics in the last week or so, then it would make sense to stick with someone who seems to have made an improvement.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Was it too early for KD? on 10:21 - Mar 1 with 485 viewstractorboy1978

Dyer isn't the right person if Cook is nailed on. If he went on a run it would be dangerous as fans would get behind him and he's pretty vocal about wanting the job himself.
Was it too early for KD? on 10:21 - Mar 1 with 482 viewsfooters

Was it too early for KD? on 10:19 - Mar 1 by Dubtractor

If the rumours are right that Gill has been more involved in team selection and tactics in the last week or so, then it would make sense to stick with someone who seems to have made an improvement.

True Dubs, I just need to get over my man crush. But would have been some good experience for him if this season is a write-off.

Oh well, maybe in time.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Was it too early for KD? on 10:22 - Mar 1 with 474 viewsSwansea_Blue

Nah. He's got what 6 or 7 years coaching experience under his belt? More than enough imo. His face obviously doesn't fit, which is a shame as I'd like to see what he can do too.

I suspect yes, they (whoever they is - just Evans or the new lot too) still think we can go up and want their first choice in asap. The last little mini run has shown that we still stand a chance - we've made up som eof the lost ground and are in a lot better position than we were just a couple of weeks ago.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Was it too early for KD? on 10:23 - Mar 1 with 445 viewsGuthrum

If it's only for a game or two, not sure there would be a lot of point. Especially if, as is said, Gill has already been doing a lot of the important stuff for the last few games.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Was it too early for KD? on 10:25 - Mar 1 with 415 viewsRadlett_blue

Perhaps the real reason is that Lambert prefers to pay off 2 people, rather than 3.
Wonder if Lambert is getting his £2m - if so, more fool Evans - but I reckon Evans will continue to pay Lambert until he gets another job.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Was it too early for KD? on 10:26 - Mar 1 with 398 viewsKieran_Knows

I don't think he was ever in the running to be caretaker, even if Gill had gone as well. Think it would've been Nash/Klug otherwise.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Was it too early for KD? on 10:33 - Mar 1 with 366 viewsPinewoodblue

Was it too early for KD? on 10:21 - Mar 1 by tractorboy1978

Dyer isn't the right person if Cook is nailed on. If he went on a run it would be dangerous as fans would get behind him and he's pretty vocal about wanting the job himself.

Difficult decision to make. Always a risk it takes longer to appoint . Making Bryan part of the temporary team is a safe option, someone who doesn’t want the job full time. If Kieron had moved up, been in charge for 4-5 games, would have been pressure to give him the job if results were good.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see KD and Terry Butcher in the dugout Saturday.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024