Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
US owners 20:22 - Mar 15 with 1013 viewsitfctilidie

Not sure if it has been mentioned it other threads - there is a lot to go through.

Maybe the potential owners didn't pass the EFL test and were deemed not suitable. We really are just speculating.

Disappointed like most (some seem to be taking pleasure) but I think had Lambert still been here the news would have been much more disappointing for me. I think Cook has enough about him to get us out of this division in the next 18 months and alot can happen off the field in that time as well.
US owners on 20:26 - Mar 15 with 945 viewsjeera

Is it not also a positive that we've been in the news, as it were, that the club may be up for sale to the right people at the right money?

Meaning the recent attention may well attract more potential investors?

Pure speculation of course, but at least it's out there that it's possible bids could be considered.
[Post edited 15 Mar 2021 20:31]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

US owners on 20:28 - Mar 15 with 910 viewschrismakin

US owners on 20:26 - Mar 15 by jeera

Is it not also a positive that we've been in the news, as it were, that the club may be up for sale to the right people at the right money?

Meaning the recent attention may well attract more potential investors?

Pure speculation of course, but at least it's out there that it's possible bids could be considered.
[Post edited 15 Mar 2021 20:31]

Might also be more appealing with Cook in charge than knowing you would have to pay Lambert to leave aswell
And also.. the recent take over talks took place whilst supporter morale was at an all time low.
[Post edited 15 Mar 2021 20:29]

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

US owners on 20:30 - Mar 15 with 896 viewsNthsuffolkblue

It is disappointing but who knows what the final result will be. The fact they seem to have successfully run other clubs in other countries (including the US) means, to me, they would have likely passed the fit and proper persons test - just look at others who have passed it.

I think it more likely the deal has not been sealed. Whether that is the end of it, time will tell. If they had completed the deal, their success elsewhere is what excites many of us but there is guarantee it would work here.

Ultimately, there are worse owners than Evans out there. Unfortunately, he has spent so long failing to learn from his mistakes we fear he will continue to get it wrong in the future. What matters most is getting it right on the pitch and building a good foundation off it too. Hopefully Cook can do that under Evans or whoever owns the club. I can understand why people fear he couldn't under Evans, though.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

US owners on 20:34 - Mar 15 with 829 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

US owners on 20:30 - Mar 15 by Nthsuffolkblue

It is disappointing but who knows what the final result will be. The fact they seem to have successfully run other clubs in other countries (including the US) means, to me, they would have likely passed the fit and proper persons test - just look at others who have passed it.

I think it more likely the deal has not been sealed. Whether that is the end of it, time will tell. If they had completed the deal, their success elsewhere is what excites many of us but there is guarantee it would work here.

Ultimately, there are worse owners than Evans out there. Unfortunately, he has spent so long failing to learn from his mistakes we fear he will continue to get it wrong in the future. What matters most is getting it right on the pitch and building a good foundation off it too. Hopefully Cook can do that under Evans or whoever owns the club. I can understand why people fear he couldn't under Evans, though.

Very balanced post.

...clear off!! Lol

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024