Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This new legislation coming forward tomorrow... 18:51 - Mar 14 with 2165 viewsbluelagos

Reading lots of concerning issues on our rights re protest etc. Does anyone know if it has to go through the House of Lords for scrutiny? Surely they'll tear apart the dodgy parts?

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

This new legislation coming forward tomorrow... on 19:00 - Mar 14 with 1387 viewsmonytowbray

Proper sketch innit!

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

This new legislation coming forward tomorrow... on 19:08 - Mar 14 with 1378 viewsbluelagos

This new legislation coming forward tomorrow... on 19:00 - Mar 14 by monytowbray

Proper sketch innit!

All I know, is that people who know about these things, are not impressed.

Maximum ten year prison sentence for causing "serious annoyance"...

This new legislation coming forward tomorrow... on 19:10 - Mar 14 with 1367 viewsSwansea_Blue

This new legislation coming forward tomorrow... on 19:08 - Mar 14 by bluelagos

Yeah the legal beagles on twotter are incensed. It looks truly awful.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

This new legislation coming forward tomorrow... on 19:11 - Mar 14 with 1359 viewsbluelagos

This new legislation coming forward tomorrow... on 19:10 - Mar 14 by Swansea_Blue

Yeah the legal beagles on twotter are incensed. It looks truly awful.

I wonder if the Met would sign off a protest?

This new legislation coming forward tomorrow... on 19:32 - Mar 14 with 1318 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

This new legislation coming forward tomorrow... on 19:11 - Mar 14 by bluelagos

I wonder if the Met would sign off a protest?

The Met who policed last night's vigil or the Met that policed today's protests?

That night shift are sticklers for the rules.

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

This new legislation coming forward tomorrow... on 19:42 - Mar 14 with 1297 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Labour has at least now said they will vote against it haven't they? It would still need a lot of Conservatives to vote against/abstain for it not to go through the Commons.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

This new legislation coming forward tomorrow... on 19:44 - Mar 14 with 1288 viewsbluelagos

This new legislation coming forward tomorrow... on 19:42 - Mar 14 by Nthsuffolkblue

Labour has at least now said they will vote against it haven't they? It would still need a lot of Conservatives to vote against/abstain for it not to go through the Commons.

Absolutely. But the House of Lords provides a very effective counter in rejecting / rewriting legislation. Seems to me this is exactly the sort of thing they do well. Identify the dubious bits and do their thing...

This new legislation coming forward tomorrow... on 19:46 - Mar 14 with 1281 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

This new legislation coming forward tomorrow... on 19:44 - Mar 14 by bluelagos

Absolutely. But the House of Lords provides a very effective counter in rejecting / rewriting legislation. Seems to me this is exactly the sort of thing they do well. Identify the dubious bits and do their thing...

But all the Lords can really do is recommend changes and ultimately, should for example a government with a majority of 80 wish to push a bill through unchanged, then the Lords is no more than a delay.

Login to get fewer ads

This new legislation coming forward tomorrow... on 19:50 - Mar 14 with 1271 viewsSwansea_Blue

This new legislation coming forward tomorrow... on 19:46 - Mar 14 by You_Bloo_Right

But all the Lords can really do is recommend changes and ultimately, should for example a government with a majority of 80 wish to push a bill through unchanged, then the Lords is no more than a delay.

And besides, if they don't pass it Priti will visit them in the night and suck out all their blood.

This new legislation coming forward tomorrow... on 19:52 - Mar 14 with 1263 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

This new legislation coming forward tomorrow... on 19:42 - Mar 14 by Nthsuffolkblue

If I can guarantee one thing it is that no future Labour government will revoke it!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

This new legislation coming forward tomorrow... on 19:52 - Mar 14 with 1263 viewsbluelagos

This new legislation coming forward tomorrow... on 19:50 - Mar 14 by Swansea_Blue

And besides, if they don't pass it Priti will visit them in the night and suck out all their blood.

If she's still in a job...

Maybe wishful thinking but Boris must be working out how fcking hopeless she is. Priti please.

This new legislation coming forward tomorrow... on 19:52 - Mar 14 with 1262 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

This new legislation coming forward tomorrow... on 19:50 - Mar 14 by Swansea_Blue

This new legislation coming forward tomorrow... on 19:55 - Mar 14 with 1258 viewsSwansea_Blue

This new legislation coming forward tomorrow... on 19:52 - Mar 14 by You_Bloo_Right

Except she can't even count! lol

https://metro.co.uk/video/priti-patel-300-034-974-000-tests-carried-out-2149924/

This new legislation coming forward tomorrow... on 19:58 - Mar 14 with 1247 viewsbluelagos

This new legislation coming forward tomorrow... on 19:55 - Mar 14 by Swansea_Blue

Except she can't even count! lol

https://metro.co.uk/video/priti-patel-300-034-974-000-tests-carried-out-2149924/

This new legislation coming forward tomorrow... on 19:58 - Mar 14 with 1247 viewsTractorWood

'Home Secretary Priti Patel has called for an independent investigation into force's decisions, which were taken in the light of Covid restrictions'.

She's the home secretary. Why does she call for an investigation instead of just making it happen.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

This new legislation coming forward tomorrow... on 20:00 - Mar 14 with 1238 viewstextbackup

this specifically during a pandemic and national lockdown, or in normal times too?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

This new legislation coming forward tomorrow... on 20:04 - Mar 14 with 1234 viewsbluelagos

This new legislation coming forward tomorrow... on 20:00 - Mar 14 by textbackup

this specifically during a pandemic and national lockdown, or in normal times too?

It's for normal times. One for the a post Cv world.

This new legislation coming forward tomorrow... on 20:08 - Mar 14 with 1222 viewsvapour_trail

This new legislation coming forward tomorrow... on 20:00 - Mar 14 by textbackup

For the long term.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

This new legislation coming forward tomorrow... on 20:26 - Mar 14 with 1182 viewsMeadowlark

This new legislation coming forward tomorrow... on 19:52 - Mar 14 by bluelagos

If she's still in a job...

Maybe wishful thinking but Boris must be working out how fcking hopeless she is. Priti please.

He hasn't got a clue though has he?
This new legislation coming forward tomorrow... on 20:32 - Mar 14 with 1162 viewsWD19

This new legislation coming forward tomorrow... on 19:08 - Mar 14 by bluelagos

Based on recent behaviour a few on here are looking at 30 years to life......
This new legislation coming forward tomorrow... on 21:05 - Mar 14 with 1132 viewsNthsuffolkblue

This new legislation coming forward tomorrow... on 19:52 - Mar 14 by BanksterDebtSlave

If I can guarantee one thing it is that no future Labour government will revoke it!

Sadly true.

The electorate is far too happy with everything to elect a Labour Government unless it moves much further right.

To imagine a Labour Government takes a lot of faith let alone one that would reverse this and much of their other damaging policies.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

This new legislation coming forward tomorrow... on 21:11 - Mar 14 with 1118 viewsDarth_Koont

Good if true.

But why were they so far behind this? They should have been shouting it from the rooftops in the days previous. Unfortunately, I can only believe that this is them bending with the wind which they didn’t do when no-one was that interested in all the previous sh!tty stuff they abstained on like Spycops.

Pronouns: He/Him

This new legislation coming forward tomorrow... on 16:55 - Mar 15 with 940 viewsSwansea_Blue

This new legislation coming forward tomorrow... on 19:58 - Mar 14 by bluelagos

That was quite incredible. I assumed it'd been edited to make her look bad so went and found the original interview. Yet it's faithfully reproduced in this sketch. Mind-numbingly stupid stuff from Priti.

This new legislation coming forward tomorrow... on 16:59 - Mar 15 with 927 viewsbluelagos

This new legislation coming forward tomorrow... on 16:55 - Mar 15 by Swansea_Blue

That was quite incredible. I assumed it'd been edited to make her look bad so went and found the original interview. Yet it's faithfully reproduced in this sketch. Mind-numbingly stupid stuff from Priti.

I know a few Dfid employees and they were scathing in their comments about her.

This new legislation coming forward tomorrow... on 17:08 - Mar 15 with 915 viewsLord_Lucan

Have you actually read the bill?

I have only seen snippets.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024